Help me choose a mod under $100!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IShotBigBird

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
South Florida
I'm running out of posts left before I can no longer post in here so to celebrate my graduation from the noob section, I am going to purchase a mod. I've currently been using the Halo G6 and I will continue to use it for when I'm out and about. I'm completely oblivious to how mods work and what's good or not so you guys will ultimately decide which one I get.

My friend purchased a zmax mini mod with tank, battery, charger, replacement coil and a drip tip for $85. Any other deals like that?

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Sounds like a good deal to me if thats what you like. SVD's are good and 37 bucks without the batteries and chargers, 50 bucks with Batteries and charger. The Vamo is pretty inexpensive. Your can get one of those around 50 bucks with battery and charger. Its just whatever you like.

I just ordered another Provari as a back up device today..... It will probably not see any use, but who knows...I may loose the one I have. My other mods (under 100 bucks) are in a drawer and are very lonely.

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
I agree with Thunderball about the Innokin Itaste SVD, except I wish I bought mine for 37 bucks! I actually paid about 80 for the standalone model and a full kit (extender tube,charger, batteries, Iclear 30 clearo) was $100 bucks but I honestly don't know if they are still that much. Its a great device, variable voltage/wattage, ohms reader, it telescopes to fit just about any battery,nice finish, good threads, it's solid, and it looks very nice IMO.
Drawbacks: it can be heavy and cumbersome at times, with an 18490 and bigger, it can get pretty tall. I have one but It's strictly my at-home mod.

Provari is another excellent mod, but a little more on the expensive side. It's beloved by many and has a huge following, and for good.

Vamo is also pretty good.

Whats your price range?

Also: you actually chose the best time to buy a mod, there are soo many websites right now that are having 10%, 20%..I've seen all the way up to 40% off! for Labor day!

Check out gotsmok.com | Top source for e cigarette discounts, deals and steals. they have like a 5 page list of all the companies that are having huge labor day sales right now. Also check out http://.........blogspot.com/ --he finds really good deals and shares them with people

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
By the way, if your using a halo g6, you might want to consider getting an eGo-c, vision spinner, eGo Twist, before going straight into a mod.

They have a 510 connection as well as eGo cone threading so you could use clearos that you wern't able to on your G6. Also the spinner and ego Twist are variable voltage, so for a very reasonable price ($15-$30 just for battery or $25-$70 for a great starter kit) you could play around with adjusting your voltage, before jumping into a Mod.

That's just my humble suggestion. You don't have to follow it, I know I didn't :D (but I did end up buying an ego Twist anyway because they are a great little battery, perfect for travel. Plus they look/feel great and fairly reliable)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I agree with Jersey. Ego Twist or a Spinner would be my recommendation as well. Just be aware that you're entering the 510 territory, so your kr8080 toppers will not work without an adapter.

And if you're really looking for an APV, try the Sigelei Zmax mini. I own one and I like it a lot--VV and VW mode, nice OLED display, accepts all 510 and eGo-threaded toppers. None of those features are offered by ProVari. ;)

Dru_Duns

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Southern California
Depends what your trying to accomplish, VV-VW mods are limited in performance but if you really want to start putting out clouds and get a extremely better flavor, step up to a mechanical and RBA or get a RDA dripper to get your feet wet the selection is endless and for your budget could point you in the right direction if thats the route your interested in going to eventually everyone does might as well start now IMO

IShotBigBird

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
South Florida
I kind of want to make that big jump because I really don't want to spend more money on it down the road. Plus, I'll be shipping out to marine bootcamp soon. Kind of want something with after I finish as I won't be stationary for a good year or so. I'll definitely look around with the links and advice you guys have given me.

Although, a lot of what you guys are saying( like vv-vw) I have no clue what that means but I'll work with it lol

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
VV = variable voltage, you start low and turn up the voltage until you get the flavor and vapor you want.

VW= variable wattage, use the same way as variable votltage.

Not saying you should stay away from devices like the Vamo, Spinner, Zmax, and the like, I think it is a good idea to move up.

I would not recommend a mech and/or rebuildable atties right now, especially since you don't know about voltage and/or wattage. The other devices have built in protection and safety features, mechs don't, you can easily put a battery into meltdown mode with a mech if you don't know what you are doing. Not something I want to see happen, especially to someone is about to serve our country.

For outright toughness and durability Provari is hard to beat, Provape is having a 5% off sale through the third. I got a V2 blem with the 18650 extension cap for just under $150 today, that is just about the best deal you will find on a Provari. But that is well over the $100 limit you established. The code is LABORDAY5 all caps.

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
Agreed, I highly recommend staying away from rebuildables and mechanicals as it takes a lot of trial and error, a lot of burnt coils and @#%^@#!!!!, and can be very dangerous if you don't know what your doing.

If you want to skip the eGo type devices and move straight to Mods that are variable voltage and wattage, basically everything mentioned above is a pretty safe bet. Some prefer ones to another, and there are tradeoffs between all of them, but for the most part, they are all pretty solid devices.

And if your going to bootcamp, maybe Provari is the right choice, you could take that thing to battle lol (NOT that I wish you go to battle, just trying to describe its toughness, oh and thank you for your service!! )

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
As I recommended to someone else recently at that mark

Skip all the chinese VV / VW, they are inferior devices to some of the alternatives you can get for $120

i put this kit for someone moving up from egos:

- Evolv kick 2: $45 / gives you best of class VW, security features, etc etc, think o it as having the guts of a provari that you can put and remove at will from ay tube (its VW is more powerful than the provari itself)

- Basic mechanical mod to which you will add the Kick 2: FastTech has a nice clone for $27: $27.00 E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment - stainless steel / with telescopic pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Pu the kick inside the mod and you have something SUPERIOR to the provari

Add $20 for an intelligent charger

Add $20 for 2 18500 / 18490 IMR LiOn batteries, just got for quality batteries from AW, Panasonic, Sony, MNKE or EFEST

total $112 and it's several times better than any VAMO / Zmax / VMax / Twist that you can buy

You will be set for a looooooong time (at most you will need new batteries down the road, a YEAR from now)

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Bit old school, all american made. Its just a simple solid mod.........but this was literally my first real mod...and I Still have it today 3 years old (though it was repainted from a bright purple to a deep sparkling green a few months ago and the hubby stole it to use :lol: )

The glv mini is on sale ATM for 80.00 GLV-2 Mini 3.7-Volt Electronic Cigarette
They come in just about any color on could want(they are powder coated) ...life time repairs included.
178035_403707166341470_720176036_o-500x500.jpg

JerseyB.

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA USA
UntamedRose: I think the simplicity of it is what makes it beautiful. Sometimes manufactures think more is better, but definitely not always the case. Especially with the GLV

Volcano is having a sale right now, 40% off, for the vv/vw device "the Lavatube" and I think it's for today only. E-Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette | Volcano E-Cig I believe the standalone is like 40 or 50 after the sale, and the full kit is like 100. People seem to like it, I personally don't have any experience with it, but I believe it goes by a different name. Lambo I think, but I could be wrong

JJ1977

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
i have a lavatube and vamo v3, upgraded from ego t / vivi nova. Vamo is a good setup, i have 1 with 2 18650 batteries and charger only paid $60 and its doing its job well. My wife says its always in my hand lol. It lasts me near a 1/2 day a battery, using it constintly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread