Not open for further replies.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Greetings all,

So, maybe I'm just bored with all my rebuildable clearo's (vivi-novas, kangers, etc.). I've never bothered to try a carto tank. I love cartos, but obviously refilling them is a pain. I am looking at getting 1 of 3 carto-tanks available at gotvapes.

1. AGR Stainless locking tank. AGR Carto Stainless Tank v2 with Locking Base [gv-AGRCartoTank-Stainless] - $14.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
- I understand these come with a locking base that will reduce slippage.
Can these be used with any XL carto's on the market?? Or are there proprietary ones for it?

2. X8 Carto Tank. X8 Carto Tank 3.0ml with Fill Port and Base Carto Secure Knob [gv-X8CartoTank] - $14.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

- Like the design. Like the fact these come with a drip-tip.
Do they need proprietary carto's? Or will ANY non-flanged ones work?

3. Smoktech slim carto tank. SMOKtech SLIM UDCT Ultimate Dual Coil Tank 3.5ml 1.5ohm - CHROME [gv-NewSMOKSlimUDCT-CHROME] - $10.45 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Which one's do you all prefer??? I'm looking for ease of use and the ability to use multiple types of punched carto's with them. I also am curious as to any quirks these have...such as gurgling, leakage, slippage. In other words, do they truly perform like a carto would with the added benefit of a tank. I'm coming from Kanger t2's, and vivi-nova's in general, but looking for truer flavor and less fiddling in general. Thanks so much in advance. Also...how long does a typical carto last in a carto-tank system before it gets funky? Appreciate any and all advice.:confused:

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
I wasn't a big fan of carto tanks until I tried the pro tank. now I use pro tanks exclusively. best carto tank i've personally tried.

The Kanger ProTank isn't considered a carto tank... it uses a replaceable bottom coil head. The Raven is also a bottom coil but in a carto style so can be used in the standard type of carto tanks.

ZooKansas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Kansas City, MO USA
Thanks for the info every1! Looks like I didn't even look at the Raven yet. I'm assuming it's this product: GotVapes PHOENiX Raven™ Tank 510 Bottom Coil 3.5ml 2.6-2.8ohm [gv-PhoenixRaven-3.5ml-CLEAR] - $9.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

-From what I've gathered...the actual carto this uses (phoenix carto) is awesome. However...if need be...can I use other carto's with it?? Or are the phoenix carto's the only ones that are compatible? Thanks so much. Good stuff. Always looking for that next setup.

ThaHealer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
Gone AWOL
I generally prefer a carto tank as my every day workhorse. Longevity will depend on the brand, how well it is punched, the liquid used, and your wattage. I get around a week with a lightly colored 70/30 blend at 8.5 watts. As for flavor, cartos aren't known for being the strongest or cleanest vape (although personally I prefer them to a Vivi Nova or T2). If you want cleaner flavor and less fiddling it is well worth trying one of the bottom coil clearos like the BCC, Evod, T3, ProTank...

The AGR is great for standard or xl non-flanged cartos. It's locking base prevents any slipping of the carto and makes for great airflow, but it also makes for a taller tank. The filling port is nice if you have a syringe bottle or if not you can just unscrew the top.

The UDCT is meant for flanged cartos but can accept non-flanged as well. With a flanged carto there is no slipping. In order to refill you have to remove the tank from your device, unscrew the bottom locking ring, slide the carto partway into the tank and fill down the side or with a tank tool/funnel.

Both are great and I grab the one that suits my mood on any given day. If I had to choose one I'd go with the UDCT because I prefer the 801 fusion cartos, which it can accept.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Another benefit of the Raven Cartos, is there is no mesh. This means if you want to change juices you just quick rinse, dry burn until the coil is clean while blowing on it and you can change the juice without messing up your flavor. On the traditional mesh cartos youre pretty much stuck with one flavor on that carto. I vape all day and my first 2 raven phoenix carto is on week 2 without having to change it, and it doesnt start getting plugged up like my boge cartos. Some people say they have issues with them gurgling or the coil not being put in right which blocks the wicking, but I have not experienced it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread