HELP ME CHOOSE MY NEW RTA?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliphillips420

Moved On
May 7, 2016
Hello been a while since i posted but always got great results with this great community so im back. Anyway im about to invest in a new rta or rta clone and have no idea about these. Im an rda guy but carrying glass viles of juice that always leak is getting on my nerves so i need a tank but i dont like dropping $25 on 5 coils so i know rta or squaking would be my best option but im thinking rtas for a change. Im pretty decent at building and would like the rta to fit at least 2 little coils. I like creamy desert flavors like cannoli be one, toucans treasure, sugar bear(cinnamon roll), vengence (bannana cream pudding with vinilla wafers) etc... anyone got suggestions on what rta to get? I also vape on 6mg nic 50-150w and generally kanthal although sometimes tc nickel. thanks guys!
p.s. ill take flavor over clouds but always like a good medium of both.

Reactions: dampfan

Eliphillips420

Moved On
May 7, 2016
OBS Engine. It's great for carrying hecause it can't leak.
Oh hell, I must be blind, you're looking for an RTA.

Change that to the Boreas, love that tank

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

alright guys just looked at both of em and they both look nice as hell to be honest. obs design is beautiful like the sleekest rta ive seen and the boreas looks like it could hold more juice which is very important to me so im really caught. a couple questions how would you compare the deck size compared to like a standard size velocity rda? oh i also like the dual posts by the way. and on the boreas is there any leak issues? thanks guys

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
alright guys just looked at both of em and they both look nice as hell to be honest. obs design is beautiful like the sleekest rta ive seen and the boreas looks like it could hold more juice which is very important to me so im really caught. a couple questions how would you compare the deck size compared to like a standard size velocity rda? oh i also like the dual posts by the way. and on the boreas is there any leak issues? thanks guys
It's going to be smaller, but still fairly easy to build on. If you want a tank with the size of an RDA you need to look at =>30mm Tank's

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

dampfan

Jan 3, 2016
Germany
p.s. ill take flavor over clouds but always like a good medium of both.

A cheap (and good) choice imho is the Augvape Merlin. A good single coil RTA that is cheap, that can deliver very good flavor and also some clouds (but it is not a cloud chaser RTA).

A Taifun GT III (or a clone thereof) also is not the worst choice.
I am testing a Shenray SR V4 (clone of Vapor Giant 4) and it is also not a bad option, but i think with a Merlin or GT III (clone) one is better off.
Merlin and GT III have a 23 diameter, i hope that is ok for you.
I am a D2L vapor, i cannot recommend anything for a M2L type of vapor.

I am a tank guy, i have 20 tanks and no RDA.
maybe for a RDA guy a RDTA, e.g. a top coiler like iJoy Limitless or a Corona also could be interesting.
there have come out dozens of these top coil RDTAs lately, so you have a big variety.

Vape on! :)

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Tobecca makes a Super Tank Two Post RDA with velocity style deck and bottom air flow that works very good and best of all doesn't leak.
    I can vouch for it because I use one.
    Easy to fill from top and it's probably available from 3f or fastech at a better price than link below.
    There's a bunch of dual coil RTA.I use SXK clones without any problems.Ive got a few tobecca clones they're good also.
    Tobeco Super Tank Two Post RTA - 25mm Mini | Vape Tanks
    There's many dual coil RTA that don't leak now.One could spend days looking.
    I think geekvape makes very good RTAs and they're reasonable with good accessories.Now you got me thinking of getting a geekvape Ammit RTA.Im a single coil flavor chaser.
    YouTube is a good place to look.

Last edited:

Eliphillips420

Moved On
    May 7, 2016
    Hey guys sorry its taken me a minute to get back. At first i was looking online but got to ancy so i went to the local vape shop and all they had was the tobbeco supertank for $39.99 i unhappily paid this price just cause i wanted one soo bad. Anyway I got it home and put the first build in and everything went fine, i went got some food with some friends and when i got back remembered i had some ni200 coil for TC and thought id try that out on the new rta. Anyway before i could even open the 2 or 3rd screw it stripped, and i dont mean slightly and still usable, whichever way you push, turn or anything else to the alan wrench, it makes no difference. This led me to the suspicion that my vapeshops selling knock offs. I decided to return it. With a little research i saw that directvapor.com had a good user rating so i ordered myself a gold obs engine from them which (awesomely) comes with two claptons which just made the deal better. Ill let ya guys know what i think when it gets here! Anyone have experience with directvapor.com? Thanks guys!

Eliphillips420

Moved On
    May 7, 2016
    thanks to everyone who commented and put there input in. got the obs engine and i love it. the top airflow to prevent leaks is amazing and complements flavor as well. huge options with airflow large deck as well i got 2 pretty fat twisted coils running at .13 ohms that fits pefectly fine. Clouds are amazing, produces almost too much smoke to run on my unregulated twisted tripple mech box mod or whatever you call it. It feeds off the power of 3 18650s instead of one and anyone looking for a unregulated mech box i would highly recomend the twistedtripple by tiwsted420(youtuber) and wotofo(ecig company) but thats for another thread. Anyway thanks to all the input! Love my transfer from rda to rta or rdta (still dont really know the difference between thoes two) lol. Cheers guys! keep vaping!

PS asthetically which mod do you like with this rta? Thanks again!

Eliphillips420

Moved On
    May 7, 2016
    A.) Istick 200wTC

Attachments

• IMG_0486.JPG
      IMG_0486.JPG
      603.1 KB · Views: 19
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread