Help me come up with a tobacco-y recipe for my husband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
This is not my specialty! He's not too crazy about my bakery and fruity flavors, and would like something with tobacco. I have FA Desert Ship, FA Cubano Supreme, FA Dark Vapure, FA Maxx Blend, TPA Black Honey, and TPA Double RY4. Aside from these, well, I have nearly 200 concentrates, so I have most other flavors, in some form.

A couple I was looking at from elr:

Noah's Ark by Ed:

0.5% Dark Vapure (FA)
1.5% Desert Ship (FA)
0.5% Smoked Plum (INAWERA)
1% Tuscan Reserve (Ultimate) (FA)
2% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

-- I would need to replace Tuscan Reserve with Cubano Supreme

and Cubano by the_alchemist:

1% Cocoa (FA)
5% Cuban Supreme (FA)
4% Dark Vapure (FA)
2% Madagascar (Vanilla Classic) (FA)
0.5% MTS vape Wizard (FA)

-- I don't think he'd like the cocoa, so that would need to be replaced, and I don't have MTS vape Wizard. Also, I don't have Madagascar, but I have Bourbon Vanilla, and several other vanillas, including INW Shisha Vanilla.

Any thoughts?

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I would start with the KISS strategy. Go with a single tobacco and maybe a single accent. Small batch (10ml). Let him try it for a day. Ask pointed questions. Dry? Sweet? TH? Things like that. What do you like? What is missing?

He needs to know there is no replicate for combustion in vapor DIY.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I did mix up Maxx Blend, Cubano Supreme, and Desert Ship as single flavors, just waiting for a little more steepage. So I can mix and mingle some things in-tank to get an idea what appeals. He's been vaping, but dual using with a couple of cigarettes a day, for a while, so knows that it won't be the same. I'm hoping if I can hit a sweet spot, though, he might drop the last couple of smokes a day.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
You could try a tobacco extraction by gutting one of your hubby's cigarettes, too.

Scavenge tobacco
Heat 10ml PG
Add loose tobacco
Agitate
Strain
Voilà! Tobacco extract!

Excellent straining can be done by removing the plunger from a larger syringe. Fluff a sterile cotton ball. Push it down into the syringe from the upper end. Pour your PG/'baccy in carefully (cover syringe tip with finger). Replace plunger and push the liquid into a new container.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
When I was first vaping all I could stomach was a Tobacco flavor and searched high and low for the closest I could find for a Marlboro Red flavor. Since your husband doesn't like the bakery and fruits I would suggest keeping the additional flavors out of the mixes at least for now.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I did mix up Maxx Blend, Cubano Supreme, and Desert Ship as single flavors, just waiting for a little more steepage.
<Gasp> You DIDN'T mix RY4 Double for him? By all means, mix up a 10% to steep. I've read about many ex-smokers who made that their OMG ADV. If you hit him with that after he tries your other artibacco singletons, it might just do the trick. Plus, it may evolve into his gateway to other flavors, being such a good mixer.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
This is not my specialty! He's not too crazy about my bakery and fruity flavors, and would like something with tobacco. I have FA Desert Ship, FA Cubano Supreme, FA Dark Vapure, FA Maxx Blend, TPA Black Honey, and TPA Double RY4. Aside from these, well, I have nearly 200 concentrates, so I have most other flavors, in some form.

A couple I was looking at from elr:

Noah's Ark by Ed:

0.5% Dark Vapure (FA)
1.5% Desert Ship (FA)
0.5% Smoked Plum (INAWERA)
1% Tuscan Reserve (Ultimate) (FA)
2% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)

-- I would need to replace Tuscan Reserve with Cubano Supreme

1% Cocoa (FA)
5% Cuban Supreme (FA)
4% Dark Vapure (FA)
0.5% MTS Vape Wizard (FA)

-- I don't think he'd like the cocoa, so that would need to be replaced, and I don't have MTS Vape Wizard. Also, I don't have Madagascar, but I have Bourbon Vanilla, and several other vanillas, including INW Shisha Vanilla.

Any thoughts?

It he's missing the taste that's reminiscent of smoking a cigarette, the Tobacco Absolute (TA) suggestion by DougieStyle is a good one. TA adds a smoky flavor. For a nutty flavor that satisfies tobacco lovers, try .5% Acetyl Pyrazine (AP). They aren't standalones. Add them to your tobacco flavor recipe.

Both the TA and the AP should be approached from the low end and worked upward in percentage. I'd do 1 drop of TA in 30ml of juice to start. Shake the TA well before using. It settles in the bottle.

For the AP, start with 5 or 6 drops in 30ml and work upward. Add these to a tobacco flavor to enhance the flavor.

For single flavors that most closely resemble tobacco without additives, try FA Virginia and FA Cowboy Blend. Those will develop a nutty tobacco flavor on their own after 2 to 4 weeks steeping. Most any tobacco flavor is going to need 1 to 4 weeks steeping to be at their best flavor.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Last month I stumbled across a suggestion to use Am4A-INW as a stand alone at 4%. It caught my eye for a couple of reasons: It was described as a complex "pipe-like" flavor; and it had a very short rest requirement (only 72 hours).

It was one of those concentrates I had purchased some time ago but never got around to using; so I thought "what the heck." I whipped up 30mL to try. First off it was actually vapable right out of the gate (I always vape a little of any "new" recipe fresh so I have a comparison point). It was a little light but it definitely had all the notes of a really pleasant pipe tobacco with maybe a hint of plum and/or raisin. 72 hours later it did indeed bloom. Now it has all those same flavors but all dancing on a double handful of caffeine pills! I actually find it too potent at 4% to be an ADV (for me), and think I will be looking at cutting it to 3% or even a touch lower, to see if I can extend how long I can vape on it.

Reactions: tazzle

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt

1% Cocoa (FA)
5% Cuban Supreme (FA)
4% Dark Vapure (FA)
0.5% MTS Vape Wizard (FA)

-- I don't think he'd like the cocoa, so that would need to be replaced, and I don't have MTS Vape Wizard. Also, I don't have Madagascar, but I have Bourbon Vanilla, and several other vanillas, including INW Shisha Vanilla.

Any thoughts?

The cocoa will not be that visible. It serves to take the edge off the Dark Vapure and the Cubano Supreme. Otherwise the vape would be a bit too harsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Well, it looks like we do have one winner already: I gave him Scutch's RY4 Reloaded to try, even though I only made it the day before yesterday, and he likes it!
Scutch's original RY4 was my first DIY mix.

Here is a good thread for tobacco flavors. Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Before discovering NET'S two of my favorites were HS Virginia (4-5%) straight, and HS USA Red (also 4-5%, with just a touch of FA Apricot).

Also keep in mind that many Vanilla's take time to develop, especially real (Madagascar) Vanilla.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I remember my first "tobacco" style juice was with my starter kit from Halo with Tribeca. Loved that stuff. Got a clone recipe around here (I really need to keep better records to assign proper sources) and I still vape it every day.
Ry4D 12.5%
Graham Cracker 2.5%
Acetyl Pyrazine 2%
Ethyl Maltol 1%

All TFA.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I recommend, for more the smoking experience, less strongly flavored mixes. However, the recent ex-smoker may not be ready to taste it. Here's a recipe:
    25 ml base
    10-12 drops Inawera Tobacco Absolute Garuda (only one I've tried)
    1 DROP good basic synthetic tobacco flavor (can be too much, e.g. M-type use .2 drops)
    options include 2 drops Dirty Neutral Base, or 2-4 drops NET (naturally extracted tobacco) extract, or 1-16 drops NET ejuice (e.g. 2 drops GeJ Perique or Fire is possibly stronger than 4 drops MVJ extract), or a distinctive synthetic.

Reactions: tazzle
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread