Help me determine if my cough is a good result of quitting or a bad result of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex jo f

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2015
I would prefer to hear from people who have been vaping for at least a year after smoking for at least ten years.

1. I made the switch from smoking to vaping 9 mos ago
2. Before that I smoked for 15 yrs
3. The last few weeks I've been semi-sick and coughing stuff up

1. Is it possible that I've only just now begun to go through that phase where you cough everything up after you quit smoking?

Basically, i just want to hear from someone else who smoke for 10+ yrs what your experience was so I can determine if this is a good result of me quitting or a bad result of me vaping.

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
It's pretty much impossible to know exactly what is going on with you. If you are concerned, any advice you get on here is no substitute for genuine medical advice from a doctor.

That said, my coughing up gunk only lasted a month or so after completely stopping cigarettes. If you were still smoking during your earlier stages of vaping, it might have inhibited your ability to clear your lungs until now, as cigarette smoke paralyzes the cilia in your lungs.

If you have changed your pg/vg ratio recently, that might have something to do with it. Some people are sensitive to higher levels of one or the other.

Or, maybe you just have a winter cold that is lingering. If it continues, please talk to your doctor. It might have nothing to do with vaping, and be something that needs treatment.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Not to be judgemental at all here, but if you're sub-ohming, you're putting alot of stuff in where it doesn't belong. I'm sure you're aware of this, but just because many people are doing it doesn't mean it's remotely good for you. This is a really young new industry and we all are taking a bit of a risk here not knowing for sure how it affects our individual bodies. Max VG, max flavoring, high total intake??? Hope you get better soon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread