Help me determine what's wrong with my Reo (or a bunch of bad attys?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Ok, so I've been a REO mini user (exclusively - gave away all my other PVs) for about 6 glorious months. But the last two weeks have been vape hell, lol! At first I thought it just needed a good cleaning but I did that and nope, that wasn't it.

2 separate (but maybe related?) issues:

1.) Continually flooded attys - and by flooded I mean I can see a good thick line of juice sitting in my drip tip above the atty (easy to see as I use glass tips). And by continually I mean *all* the time. I can blow out the atty and after one good vape it's flooded.....Flooded, but also they get burnt after a few hours of repetitive flooding/blowing/flooding/hot/blowing etc....

2.) Now this is interesting (and quite aggravating): I use Cisco LR 306s exclusively. Just got a new batch of 5 in a few days ago. I'm on my FOURTH (Egads!!! Lol) = they don't seem to be feeding properly. For example, if I take of my drip tip, and squonk just a little, I expect to see juice fill the middle of the atty and I only squonk when doing this inspection just enough to see that little bubble at the top (these are bridgless 306s). However, on all of these, when I squonk, the CUP is filled with juice, but it never bubbles up through the *middle* of the atty - so it's like they are filing "around" the atty instead of through the atty. Also, these all are extremely tight - not as much air draw as I'd like at all.....

3.) At first I thought this was because I was out of my beloved Honey Flue (which, for me, is the perfect Viscosity for my Reo/306s). I've been reduced to using Casablanca (tastes great but too thick) or Hazelnut but did find some Hunters Blend which seems more like my Honey Flue in terms of thickness. So, I don't think it's the juice. I've also thinned out Casablanca and still had the same issues.

Besides throwing away tons of $ on attys, I am really sad because - well, dang it I'm jonesing for a good vape!!!

Suggestions? I'm dying over here! Lol ;-)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
First of all sorry you are having troubles.

May I suggest that you re-post this in the REO forum here:Reos Mods

It will be seen by a lot more Reonauts that can help you.

I use the L.R. 306 just not usually Cisco. I suggest you draw on the atty as you squonk and just listen for the gurgle. As soon as you hear that you stop squonking. It takes very little juice. I understand that the 306 are known for liking to be wetter than a 510. I find that I am squonking a little more often to get all the vapes to be good.

The problem of the juice not going up the atty center sounds like you have dripping attys. They do have a hole on the bottom right?

You might want to contact Cisco and see if they can give you suggestions too. There have been problems in the past with some of their attys not working or threading right on the Reo's.

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Have you tried cleaning the mini out? Being mechanical, you can just run it under a hot tap once you've taken the bottle and battery out. You can dry it out with a blow dryer or a fan pretty quickly, and I've heard of people using canned air when they're in a big hurry.

Yep - that was the first thing I did. I actually put it in a glass of water, let it soak for a bit, dried it out well, ran some everclear through the cup and blew out through the tubing, dried well again and applied some noalox......

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Jumping right into ?? #2 if you squonk without sucking the juice will just go to the catchcup it will take the path of least resistance and that is it. Put your tip back on and suck while squonking as far as flooding sounds to me like you are over squonking or if your not squonking at all you may need the reducer tube to stop auto feeding. I use exclusively Cisco lr 306's and never get a burnt taste and can allways see a line of juice in my tip its how they perform best IMO. So either you are Squonking too much juice or maybe your juice cant handle the heat

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
First of all sorry you are having troubles.

May I suggest that you re-post this in the REO forum here:Reos Mods

It will be seen by a lot more Reonauts that can help you.

I use the L.R. 306 just not usually Cisco. I suggest you draw on the atty as you squonk and just listen for the gurgle. As soon as you hear that you stop squonking. It takes very little juice. I understand that the 306 are known for liking to be wetter than a 510. I find that I am squonking a little more often to get all the vapes to be good.

The problem of the juice not going up the atty center sounds like you have dripping attys. They do have a hole on the bottom right?

You might want to contact Cisco and see if they can give you suggestions too. There have been problems in the past with some of their attys not working or threading right on the Reo's.

I've got blind squonking down pat - or did for 6 months until last week, lol!!! This really seems to be some sort of feeding issue. You got me wondering though about the center hole - they certainly appear to have a center hole but I had noticed when blowing out that I didn't seem to be getting a lot of air coming through. So after reading your post, I just pulled the latest atty off, and then pulled out a very old atty I still had laying around and compared them (duh, should have done that before!) - Voila!! The old atty? I can see straight through it (looking through the hole in the bottom when held up to my eye)...one of these new attys from my last batch? Can't see a damn thing. It looks like a hole, but I can't see crap through it. Not one drop of light and I've blown it out pretty hard.

I've never ordered "sealed" post attys - do they LOOK like they have a hole but really the inside isn't hollow? These appear to have a cut out area - but nope, can't see through it at all.....If that's what this is that means my vendor sent me the wrong attys.....

jlazarus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Jumping right into ?? #2 if you squonk without sucking the juice will just go to the catchcup it will take the path of least resistance and that is it. Put your tip back on and suck while squonking as far as flooding sounds to me like you are over squonking or if your not squonking at all you may need the reducer tube to stop auto feeding. I use exclusively Cisco lr 306's and never get a burnt taste and can allways see a line of juice in my tip its how they perform best IMO. So either you are Squonking too much juice or maybe your juice cant handle the heat

I think I've determined it's the attys. But you have me curious - I've always "primed" my attys by slightly squonking them before putting my tip on, and the juice always goes straight up the middle of the atty and I've learned to just barely press - just enough to bubble the juice to the top of the atty - without filling the cup. Then I put on the tip and let it sit for a minute and soak in, then I blind squonk by sucking while pressing to feel resistance. If i over squonk, they get flooded. But curious about you saying if i don't suck the juice (when I'm priming a new atty) the juice will go the path of least resistance to the cup - makes sense, but that's not been my experience....weird!

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
I think I've determined it's the attys. But you have me curious - I've always "primed" my attys by slightly squonking them before putting my tip on, and the juice always goes straight up the middle of the atty and I've learned to just barely press - just enough to bubble the juice to the top of the atty - without filling the cup. Then I put on the tip and let it sit for a minute and soak in, then I blind squonk by sucking while pressing to feel resistance. If i over squonk, they get flooded. But curious about you saying if i don't suck the juice (when I'm priming a new atty) the juice will go the path of least resistance to the cup - makes sense, but that's not been my experience....weird!

Just tried it with my working cisco and yep into the catchcup and i never get juice in my cup NEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread