Help me find the right pod system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Hi - can the PAL2 use Aspire BVCs? I know it won't take Nautilus coils, but I'd wondered about the smaller ones used in the Spryte.

Thanks.

Yes, it uses the Pal 2 or the Spryte coils. The Pal 2 coils used the Spryte design. So that's 5 different coils you can use. The Artery 0.6 Mesh, the 1.2 BVC and the Spryte BVC 1.6, 1.8, and 2.1 coils.

Reactions: My Batt Hurts

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Here are my "wants":
1) System that is not "going out of style" in a month or where pods and replacement batteries are hard to find, or I have to go to 3 different sites to get stuff
2) MTL style
3) MUST BE less airy than the Joyetech AIO (this one was way too airy for me)
4) Must has refillable pods
5) Button Activated
6) Simple. I'm an advanced vaper but have no interest in stuff like readouts and temperature control anymore.
7) Preferably easy to fill. I do not want to struggle with eyesight and trying to fill tiny little things I can barely see
8) Works well with regular nic juice; not interested in nic salts
9) I no longer sit and vape continuously. Just want something I can have to use when I feel like it, like not vaping all day long anymore. Just want something to pull out at horse races, or while walking dog, or to calm myself after doctor's appointment. :)

Brand new! And it talks--if you want it to talk. :D

INNOKIN/PLATFORM Z-BIIP Kit - Innokin

ArminF

ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2018
Switzerland
Specs for the Z biip

Designed in Collaboration with Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis
Dimensions: (Including Cartridge)
Refillable Pod/Cartridge System
Audio and Visual All-in-One Device
Built-in Battery Capacity: 1500mAh
Adjustable Wattage: 11, 14, or 16W
E-Liquid Capacity: 2.0ml
Top Fill Twist Design
Side Firing Button
Audio Indicator System
Power Indicator Lights
Leak Resistant Design
Inner Adjustable Airflow Control Ring
Optimized for Standard and Nicotine Salt Based E-Liquid
Compatible with Innokin Zenith Atomizer Heads
Utilizes Z-PLEX3D Kanthal Mesh Coil for Flavor Boost
Includes (1) Zenith Z-PLEX3D Kanthal Mesh Coil 0.48ohm Atomizer Head
Includes (1) Zenith Kanthal Coil 1.6ohm Atomizer Head
Micro USB Charging Port

1500 sounds like a large battery.
But 2 ml keeps the size smaller

2 things for me. Constant power and variable wattage.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
They don't give specs, but in the one pic, it looks huge for a pod.

I agree. They don't give overall dimensions of the unit, but looking at this picture, hmm... unless it's a small child's hand (and I hope it is not ;)), yeah, it looks more like a smallish mod (sans tank) than a pod...

Zbiilp-111.jpg

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I just want to report that I love my NORD.

Of course, I am new to the pod world, however, at this point, I see no reason to toss it over for anything else, because I am totally satisfied. I like the shape, the size, the weight and the vape.

I used the 1.4 coil....haven't tried the other one yet, worried about that part.

All I could think about all week was about how, back in 2011-2012 when many of us quit smoking using vaping, the ego twist had just come out, and I was using cartos and anemic OTC coils. Vaping and quitting smoking would have been a DREAM TRIP if I had simply had something even close to a NORD. :)

A few years later things started heating up and everyone was using high powered devices, rebuildables, etc. and they were all too large and/or heavy for me. Even a provari felt like I was "hoisting" something weighty to my lips each time, never liked that AT ALL. So I stuck w/ "the little stuff."

This pod system really would have fit the bill for me when I was struggling so much back then. It would have been easy peasy.

Anyway, I went out for the evening w/friends, and had plenty of charge time to get thru. I guess I might need a 2nd one to do dawn-to-dusk w/out having to charge. But they are cheap enough.

Im so pleased. :)

What is the Sourin Air like compared to this? I think that batt would be too short lived before needing to charge, and vaping from the side of a square object seems a bit odd, but i am still interested in the QUALITY of that vape, if anyone can compare it. My nephew works in a vape shop and it's my birthday next week......

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I just want to report that I love my NORD.

Of course, I am new to the pod world, however, at this point, I see no reason to toss it over for anything else, because I am totally satisfied. I like the shape, the size, the weight and the vape.

I used the 1.4 coil....haven't tried the other one yet, worried about that part.

All I could think about all week was about how, back in 2011-2012 when many of us quit smoking using vaping, the ego twist had just come out, and I was using cartos and anemic OTC coils. Vaping and quitting smoking would have been a DREAM TRIP if I had simply had something even close to a NORD. :)

A few years later things started heating up and everyone was using high powered devices, rebuildables, etc. and they were all too large and/or heavy for me. Even a provari felt like I was "hoisting" something weighty to my lips each time, never liked that AT ALL. So I stuck w/ "the little stuff."

This pod system really would have fit the bill for me when I was struggling so much back then. It would have been easy peasy.

Anyway, I went out for the evening w/friends, and had plenty of charge time to get thru. I guess I might need a 2nd one to do dawn-to-dusk w/out having to charge. But they are cheap enough.

Im so pleased. :)

What is the Sourin Air like compared to this? I think that batt would be too short lived before needing to charge, and vaping from the side of a square object seems a bit odd, but i am still interested in the QUALITY of that vape, if anyone can compare it. My nephew works in a vape shop and it's my birthday next week......
i like everything abt my nord but would love if my nord come with constant output (slight adjust) and airflow control (Artery 2) that even better .... so my second pods will be artery 2 (at least something different n AFC).

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah, Nord hits pretty well, and I like it okay. Not a home run for me though. I like the concept of the replaceable pod and coil, with choices in the coil. I wish it had the option of being draw activated, though. And I wish I could close airflow a little for some nic salt juices. The way this pod, there's not even a good hack like I've done with others, using a piece of tape or something.

And I really wouldn't mind it being smaller. I know it'd sacrifice battery, but if it were smaller it wouldn't be a big deal to throw 2 of them in my pocket, with different juices.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
So, nobody answered my ? about the Sourin Air?

Also, I think the reason the Nord works for me is because I quit vaping for quite a while and, remembering using boge cartos, crappy clearomizers and stick batts (and I mean nothing as good as the later clearos that came out) when I first gave up smoking in 2012.....well, there was no comparison, so I guess you can say I'm just not that picky. :) It's there, when I feel like vaping (which I no longer do all day or even every day).

But also keep in mind, I have *nothing* (no pods) to compare it to. It's the only pod I've ever had.

Back in the day, I think I knew every minor detail about every "popular" vaping instrument (as you can see in my classifieds profile, I bought and got rid of a lot!). Now I have no idea what's going on..........and I'm kinda liking that Ignorance is Bliss feeling, because I don't feel *unrequited* in any way, if that makes any sense?????

I got this, it works, I'm happy.

Yeah, there are some tweaks I could mention, like I don't like peeling back that rubber stopper to fill and filling seems to create a vapor lock, so I really do have to wipe everything off pretty good before I put it back together etc. (I know there are pods w/openings on both sides, that seems like it would work better) but overall......I'm just not at the point in vaping anymore where I care a whole lot about every little thang.

Last edited:

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Yeah, there are some tweaks I could mention, like I don't like peeling back that rubber stopper to fill and filling seems to create a vapor lock, so I really do have to wipe everything off pretty good before I put it back together etc. (I know there are pods w/openings on both sides, that seems like it would work better) but overall......I'm just not at the point in vaping anymore where I care a whole lot about every little thang.

The problem with all the changeable coil pod systems I've used is the air flow being at the bottom of the coil. That's where the leakage comes from. It is worse if you accidentally breath out as you put the device to your mouth before breathing in since that forces vapor into the bottom of the well where the pod goes. And I think we all do this at least occasionally and it's unconscious so it's hard to control. Even just a tiny bit of exhale will cause this I think.

Of course flooding can cause it too, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with the Nord.

In the Nord the small amount of leakage really isn't bad, but it does need to be wiped like you said. The answer, if it bothers you, is get a Pod system with top air flow where this really can't happen. Like the Orion, and I'm sure there are others. This doesn't just mitigate the issue because it just doesn't happen with top airflow.

Overall, I really like the Nord even with a couple of small niggles, so agree with you. Great vape for a pod and decent battery life. I really like the Novo too, although not for the battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread