Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Hi.

So far I've gotten GreenSmoke, Volts, kGo, and ordered a volt X2 for myself.

I gave the GreenSmoke kit to my sister, who smokes Dunhill non-filters. She can't vape it, it makes her cough! I had no trouble with them except I wanted refillables.

I decided I don't like 510's
-- can't make the cartos stand up
-- voltage too variable to allow me to calculate what resistance to get, unless I get a Twist
-- Boge cartos taste metallic to me (not to my roommate, but she doesn't have as many different kinds of fillings/crowns as I have!)

So *someone* is going to inherit my kGo. Maybe sis.

But...I assume I need to find vg for her? And no way is she going to refill cartos.

So, are there prefilled cartos that fit GreenSmoke? Are there good vg prefilled cartos for the 510?

(Me, I'm going to stick with 808s and Bloog, and probably Prime vaping)

Thanks for any advice!:oops:

Last edited:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Best advice is to get her over refilling carto's. It is not hard at all - drips from a bottle. Pre-filled cartridges offer limited flavors and are expensive. And what will she do if she runs out?

Right now it won't work. She just goes back to nails. I need to teach her to vape before I go there.

I'll order the cartos for her to start with (she's broke) and if she runs out she'll bum a Dunhill from hubby.

I'm also still smoking, but I've cut don 20% so far and expect to cut back a lot more once I get settled. Then, maybe a month or so down the road, work on quitting. The first time I can handle having a vape instead of a smoke with morning coffee, I'll be on my way.

supergerbil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Elk Grove, CA
Im not a fan of cartos (like being able to see my juice level) so I just use the V2 visions on my kgo. Very easy to fill too.

Also on the cough; it could be a PG issue but for me Ive found that I cough sometimes if pull weird. Maybe she just needs to get used to vaping? Dont know if that was of any help.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Im not a fan of cartos (like being able to see my juice level) so I just use the V2 visions on my kgo. Very easy to fill too.

Also on the cough; it could be a PG issue but for me Ive found that I cough sometimes if pull weird. Maybe she just needs to get used to vaping? Dont know if that was of any help.

Yeah, I need to try her on several of my juices before I decide what to get her. It's just that prefilled carts are easy to get for 808's, but I don't want to give her my Volts.

If I prefill cartos for her, how long will they last unrefrigerated? I don't have a way to sterilize and seal them.

I don't want to get her onto anything but cartos to *start* with, too hard for a reluctant beginner with a hyperactive dog and 7 grandchildren.

supergerbil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Elk Grove, CA
Yeah, I need to try her on several of my juices before I decide what to get her. It's just that prefilled carts are easy to get for 808's, but I don't want to give her my Volts.

If I prefill cartos for her, how long will they last unrefrigerated? I don't have a way to sterilize and seal them.

I don't want to get her onto anything but cartos to *start* with, too hard for a reluctant beginner with a hyperactive dog and 7 grandchildren.

I would assume they would last a while. I have cartos laying around from my first starter kit and they are just fine. 3 weeks I guess?

Actually that question is a little above my pay grade.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
If she's broke, then buying expensive pre-filled cartos seems counter-intuitive to me. I know this is not what you want to hear, but a couple of $5 low resistance clearomizers filled with about 1.8ml of juice each should last her at least an entire day (even if she's a heavy vaper), and maybe 2 days (if she's a lighter vaper). They fit and work perfectly on the KGO. And filling them is about as easy as pouring a teaspoon of cough medicine into a spoon. Seriously.

People tend to fear what they don't understand. If you could get her to fill a clearomizer one time, she would understand how easy it is.

But I understand that everyone is different. I guess I just wanted to quit smoking bad enough that I was willing to learn some new things that would make vaping a success for me.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
People tend to fear what they don't understand. If you could get her to fill a clearomizer one time, she would understand how easy it is.

But I understand that everyone is different. I guess I just wanted to quit smoking bad enough that I was willing to learn some new things that would make vaping a success for me.

*I'm* still waiting to fill my first clearomizer (it's on order) and I read that they break down. And I've known my sister for a lot of years. I will almost-certainly get her onto refillable cartos or clearomizers or something eventually, but so far I haven't even gotten her through 2 cartos in 4 months.

So, after I get her through, say, $100 of prefilled cartos (on my dime) I'll prefill some of them again for her and introduce her to clearos if I have verified that we've found a juice that won't make her cough AND won't break a clearo. But, again, hyperactive dog, so I suspect one of those Pyrex tanks might be a better idea. EVERYTHING in her house gets lost, broken, trashed, etc etc.

Last edited:

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Coughing could have nothing to do with the e-liquid. It's usually a matter of technique. Once they get the hang of it, they stop coughing. Tell her to open her mouth when she inhales. Also remind her that a strong inhale isn't necessary as we don't absorb the nicotine in our lungs the way we do with cigarettes.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
Coughing could have nothing to do with the e-liquid. It's usually a matter of technique. Once they get the hang of it, they stop coughing. Tell her to open her mouth when she inhales. Also remind her that a strong inhale isn't necessary as we don't absorb the nicotine in our lungs the way we do with cigarettes.

+1. My son, who has smoked just about everything that CAN be smoked (and I do mean everything :( ) always coughs when he first uses my PV. When I remind him to take a longer but easier draw, it's fine.

AtrixGuy

Apr 7, 2012
Illinois
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Spamming for Post Count

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
*I'm* still waiting to fill my first clearomizer (it's on order) and I read that they break down. And I've known my sister for a lot of years. I will almost-certainly get her onto refillable cartos or clearomizers or something eventually, but so far I haven't even gotten her through 2 cartos in 4 months.

So, after I get her through, say, $100 of prefilled cartos (on my dime) I'll prefill some of them again for her and introduce her to clearos if I have verified that we've found a juice that won't make her cough AND won't break a clearo. But, again, hyperactive dog, so I suspect one of those Pyrex tanks might be a better idea. EVERYTHING in her house gets lost, broken, trashed, etc etc.

Berylanna, I didn't mean to sound harsh in my response. I do understand. I bought a friend a Silver Bullet (when all I had was the lowly KGO) because he breaks everything and I wanted him to have something that would survive the apocalypse (which the Silver Bullet can do). He broke it about 3 days through sheer neglect, ruined one of the batteries somehow, and burned out Lord knows how many cartos. And then says "This thing has been nothing but trouble." :facepalm:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Berylanna, I didn't mean to sound harsh in my response. I do understand. I bought a friend a Silver Bullet (when all I had was the lowly KGO) because he breaks everything and I wanted him to have something that would survive the apocalypse (which the Silver Bullet can do). He broke it about 3 days through sheer neglect, ruined one of the batteries somehow, and burned out Lord knows how many cartos. And then says "This thing has been nothing but trouble." :facepalm:

Lol.:blink:

My roommate, who has been smoke-free for about 3 months now, is still bitter that vaping is so much more work than smoking. I may feel that way after the hobby obsession burns off. Let's see, knitting, feminist theology, native gardening, primitive skills, knitting again, World of Warcraft, now vaping.

I just have to remind myself that vaping is probably less trouble than towing an oxygen tank.

I *still* want to know where to get decent but not too-expensive pre-filled 510 or greensmoke-compatible cartos, though. Otherwise, I'll have to get my sister a couple of Volts and a carton of Bloogs. Hmmm, maybe I can give her one of the boring ones with white LEDs and get a new color for myself? (Greensmoke and Blu qualify as too-expensive for this situation.):ohmy:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
I've been trying to fix that over the phone, but without seeing her all I can do is listen to her say "I'm doing what you said!"

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
I've been trying to fix that over the phone, but without seeing her all I can do is listen to her say "I'm doing what you said!"

Hmm. I know some smokers who haven't been able to vape without coughing when I let them try it. Sometimes it's just getting used to the feel of vapor in your lungs. It could also be the nic level is too high or the PG ratio is making the vapor too harsh. Hard to say. The coughing can definitely be detrimental to getting her to switch.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
www.facebook.com
Hmm. I know some smokers who haven't been able to vape without coughing when I let them try it. Sometimes it's just getting used to the feel of vapor in your lungs. It could also be the nic level is too high or the PG ratio is making the vapor too harsh. Hard to say. The coughing can definitely be detrimental to getting her to switch.
Yeah, I'm often one of them but changing niquids, voltage, brand of carto, AND technique, (and sitting up straight!) adds up to fixing it.

That's why I need to get us both into the same city so I can run her through several of my juices and a couple of different brands of batts and cartos. But the next step would be to order something that I estimate she could vape. Right now I'm going to guess she needs coaching AND vg.

I'd like to know whether I need to order her some 808's before the next time I see her, though, or whether I might be able to give her my kGo set or let her keep the Greensmoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread