Help Me Keep It Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz!

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
I swore I'd never try to mix my own. Swore I'd just use prefilled cartomizers. Ha!

I did buy some flavored juice and refilled my cartomizers and it was successful.

Now I've bought some flavorings and glycerine. I've read your stickies and recipes but it all seems a bit intimidating. What I'd like to try to at first is this:

1) make some 0 nic juice for evening vaping. Can I do this with just Loranne flavorings and vegetable glycerine?

2) order some high quality nic liquid and flavor it myself. I know a lot of you save money by buying high concentration nic liquid and then diluting but I think I'd just like to buy the concentration I like (between 11-18) and add flavoring. Do I add VG to that too. Or do the nic liquids already have it?

Do I *need* to buy PG? I'd rather keep it as simple as possible.

You can see that I am mightily confused, so thanks!

Last edited:

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
It's usually cheaper to buy nic-juice in the lowest strength that allows you to mix up the desired e-juice strength. If you bought 24mg nic-juice and mixed with LorAnn's and nothing else, you'd end up with e-juice somewhere between 12mg and 20mg, depending on the flavor used.

It sounds like you want/need VG though, so you'd need to buy VG-based nic-juice, which is a little rare, but can be found. My Freedom Smokes has great prices and very high-quality nic-juice, and I *think* he makes VG nic-juice. It won't be pure VG, since he gets his nicotine mixed with PG. Since the the flavoring also has PG you'd probably end up with e-juice that's about 40-60% VG.

To avoid PG even more than this, you'd have to go with EcoPure, which does not contain PG. It's 36mg, so to get your e-juice down to 12-20mg you will have to add some VG to the mix of EcoPure + flavoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread