Help me pic Drop, Drop Dead, or Augvape BTFC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

varcetty

Jun 23, 2019
I am looking for dual coil setup and for intense flavor,
i have tried drop dead before, the problem is , to get the best flavor in dropead, i must place my coil really high so air flow hit the middle of the coil's and that make me accidentally get dry hit because i am often take long puff an puff chain (the cotton take to long suck into middle of coil)
can btfc using single coils?
between those 3 which is produce more flavor ?
what the best setup for those rda's , thank you

varcetty

Jun 23, 2019
Hello @varcetty, I know most folks don't have good things to say about the DR. And no ideas about the BTFC.

I have been looking at Steam Crave Glaz V1.1 RDSA, that looks interesting due to reduced chamber size and airflow with the Stainless Steel top cap.
thank you i'll be check on that, so how do you think about BTFC

Recurve dual.
i do had try this before, the flavor better on dropdead

If I had to choose between those three, I'd go for the DropDead.
hmm yeah i know the flavor is great, but since you have to put your coil really high, i cant put so much liquid because create a split

Why are you restricting yourself to so few choices?
can you suggest me other dual rda's?
actually i try bonza and tengu before
bonza really need fancy build coil ( i don't have time for this)
tengu (well i'ts really need high watt to get flavor, i'm chain vape often so my mod's really getting hot (vaporreso luxe))
drop and BTFC really catch my sight, because they both not need build fancy coils and flavor is great (based on review)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Like I said, no clue with the BTFC unfortunately. Airflow that should hit the side looks a little too high though.

But here's a link for the Steam Crave Glaz V1.1 RDSA.
Glaz RDSA V1.1,Glaz RDSA V1.1 NEW!

The chamber reducer and the side and bottom airflow look interesting, but it's something to either try or ask folks who use them what they think. But I definitely think it's going on my shopping list to be purchased at a later date, or I see it on an offer that you can't refuse.

varcetty

Jun 23, 2019
based on a quick search it looks like all three are gonna require long wicking so I doubt you"ll stop your dry hit with issue with any of them
sorry i not point out that in drop dead i always get wet cotton on the side but still get dry hit, i dunno why, i change cotton also using fused it's always happen

Like I said, no clue with the BTFC unfortunately. Airflow that should hit the side looks a little too high though.

But here's a link for the Steam Crave Glaz V1.1 RDSA.
Glaz RDSA V1.1,Glaz RDSA V1.1 NEW!

The chamber reducer and the side and bottom airflow look interesting, but it's something to either try or ask folks who use them what they think. But I definitely think it's going on my shopping list to be purchased at a later date, or I see it on an offer that you can't refuse.
this is interesting, and the first looking i really love it, it have 3 parts and i think effective airflow because the amount of airflow reduce to the tunnel, but i'll try latter because in my country this is cost twice the drop even more, lol

You might try the Aequitas. Similar to the DeadRabbit/DropDead but the airflow is set lower and more open. But you can close it down no problem and it needs shorter wicks.
i already try this before i get drop dead, the barrel is stuck into base, so if i want using half airflow, the air only hit one side of the coils, the flavor is okay tho

Reactions: Mordacai

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
I have the drop dead, BTFC, Recurve Dual, and Bonza 1.5. They are all really similar as far as flavor goes.

"sorry i not point out that in drop dead i always get wet cotton on the side but still get dry hit, i dunno why, i change cotton also using fused it's always happen"

Are you Squonking or Dripping? Sounds like you may have too much cotton in the Drop Dead(too tight in the coils). I have never had a problem getting any of these rda's to wick. The Bonza, Recurve Dual, and BTFC are about dead even flavor wise, the Drop dead is a close 2nd IMO. Can't comment on the Drop as I haven't tried it yet. I run parallel wrapped smooth wire Ni80 coils at .12 ohms. I run at 80 to 100 watts on a regulated squonker (Topside Dual). Never had a dry hit that wasn't my fault in any of the above.

varcetty

Jun 23, 2019
There's always the possibility to offset the coils to one or the other side. That way the air hits the coils in the center;)
lol yes but not practical

True, Glaz V1.1 RDSA isn't cheap. Cheapest I've found it, is on fasttech using MAP code at checkout. It's $34.89 then.
thank you man, i live in other side of your country, i'm in asia

I have the drop dead, BTFC, Recurve Dual, and Bonza 1.5. They are all really similar as far as flavor goes.

"sorry i not point out that in drop dead i always get wet cotton on the side but still get dry hit, i dunno why, i change cotton also using fused it's always happen"

Are you Squonking or Dripping? Sounds like you may have too much cotton in the Drop Dead(too tight in the coils). I have never had a problem getting any of these rda's to wick. The Bonza, Recurve Dual, and BTFC are about dead even flavor wise, the Drop dead is a close 2nd IMO. Can't comment on the Drop as I haven't tried it yet. I run parallel wrapped smooth wire Ni80 coils at .12 ohms. I run at 80 to 100 watts on a regulated squonker (Topside Dual). Never had a dry hit that wasn't my fault in any of the above.
i'm using driping,
man thank you so much,
can you detailing your parallel wrapped? how much awg and diameter did you using?
if i only use ni80 24 awg, can i using parallel only?
thank you

Reactions: Mordacai

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
I use 24 awg Ni80 3mm ID coil. basically fold the wire in half, then wrap your coil. According to Steam engine 7 wraps comes out to .12. You could get the same results by using 2 strands of wire held together. A pair of needle nose pliers is helpful to hold the ends of the wire while wrapping. I attached a pic of a completed coil on a Dead Rabbit RTA.
20181212_165504.jpg
20181212_165446.jpg

Attachments

• 20181212_165504.jpg
    20181212_165504.jpg
    805 KB · Views: 13

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
thank you i'll be check on that, so how do you think about BTFC

i do had try this before, the flavor better on dropdead

hmm yeah i know the flavor is great, but since you have to put your coil really high, i cant put so much liquid because create a split

can you suggest me other dual rda's?
actually i try bonza and tengu before
bonza really need fancy build coil ( i don't have time for this)
tengu (well i'ts really need high watt to get flavor, i'm chain vape often so my mod's really getting hot (vaporreso luxe))
drop and BTFC really catch my sight, because they both not need build fancy coils and flavor is great (based on review)

I disagree about the Bonza. I use the same build in that as any other RDA. It’s not quite as good as the axial, but it’s not bad.

varcetty

Jun 23, 2019
........Update......
i just brought the BTFC
i build single wire ni80 0.22 ohm 7 wrap
the flavor is not good as the dropdead on the same coil build (maybe the coil not cover up so much the airflow, i will try change it to fused and parallel latter on, i will update to you guys latter)

I use 24 awg Ni80 3mm ID coil. basically fold the wire in half, then wrap your coil. According to Steam engine 7 wraps comes out to .12. You could get the same results by using 2 strands of wire held together. A pair of needle nose pliers is helpful to hold the ends of the wire while wrapping. I attached a pic of a completed coil on a Dead Rabbit RTA.
wow thank you. i will try on my BTFC

I disagree about the Bonza. I use the same build in that as any other RDA. It’s not quite as good as the axial, but it’s not bad.
thank you, i will considering this too man, i still exploring

i did really enjoyed so much Twisted messes 24 RDA over Drop Dead and Dead Rabbits, flavor in the boldest mode you can ever tried, also TM24 lite, actually kept TM lite over the 24 one, due personal colors differences, i just dont like colored attys, but are two amazing options indeed,

Regards,
yes the flavor is great TBH on drop dead on same coil build, maybe BTFC need the right build since bottom airflow need to hit coil's

I'd just like to add that most of your concerns with RDA's can be solved by using just about any RTA available.
Even Kanger subtank will allow you to chain vape with no dry hits and produce a ton of flavor and vapor.
can you suggest me good RTA bellow $30, thank you

thank you so much to you guys, i really appreciate all your help, i just quit smoking after 10 years and vape community like this keep me occupied and make me keep tinkering on my vape tools and forget my urges to smoking again

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
The Pulse X RDA has great flavor too which is not mentioned. I use the drop,aequitas,and dead rabbit I find flavor best with the pulse and drop. That's just me.

EDIT: Forgot one, the GR1 GR Pro which is 24mm and an excellent flavor banger. It also comes with two spare air flow plugs one is completely closed so you can run it in single coil and avoid the heat issue with a 22mm RDA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread