Help me think this through, please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
What makes a carto last longer or shorter?

Keeping a carto wet and not overheating, it seems to me, will help it last longer, while dry hits and overheating will shorten its life.

Gunk will shorten the life of a carto, but what means are there for cleaning gunk out of a carto outside of soaking it in strong alcohol?

If a carto isn't slotted or punched right, less juice saturation could lead to higher heat and, therefore, shorten its life.

Similarly, chain vaping could lead to higher heat and less juice saturation, too, so giving the carto time to re-saturate and cool off will prolong its life.

Am I thinking correctly about these things?

I'd really, really, really like a single delivery mechanism that lasts a full week with no maintenance and can stand up to chain vaping!

steeledragon78

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Owasso, OK, USA
aside from the flavorless nic option, i have had good luck with lighter juices in my tanks lasting for more than a week even with chain vaping. though for maintenance free the closest i think you will come would be a properly setup genesis with a mesh coil. i have had those last several weeks with simple dry burns every week or so.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Am I thinking correctly about these things?...I'd really, really, really like a single delivery mechanism that lasts a full week with no maintenance and can stand up to chain vaping!
You've got the concepts down. Unless you are or plan to "clean" your cartomizers. Cartos are designed to be disposable. People have attempted to clean cartos, and maybe some believe they have been successful, but I don't feel it's worth the time or trouble. You probably spent $5-6 a day on cigarettes and didn't think anything about it at the time. To only spend $2 on a carto and have it last just a week is a bargain.

Something that can prolong the life of your cartomizers in tanks is to have a multiple tank setup. It doesn't actually make it last longer, but since you are using more than one tank, it just "seems" like it lasts longer. I often have up to a dozen tanks setup simultaneously, each with its own flavor. I usually switch tanks/flavors 3 - 4 times a day. Using this method, I've had cartos last 3 - 4 weeks easy.

You can set up a "tank budget" of purchasing a new tank every month. By 6 months, you'll have six tanks to use.

Because you may still be a novice to cartomizer use, never attempt to "dry burn" a cartomizer like you might with a clearomizer. You will most definitly burn the filler and ruin it.

When the draw on the carto becomes tight, it's time to dispose of it and prime a new one. There's a few blog titles on cartos and cartotanks you might want to read.

Baditude's Blogs

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
OP: Even if you don't go the carto tank route, as long as you keep them saturated and slap on those condoms that came with the carto, when not in use, then you can have them last longer than ya expect. The only downside as I see it is, you're sorta limited to 1 flavor per carto, regardless of what folks say.

I have a small eGo carrying case full of pre-filled boges that have been going strong for almost a month now, folks. Not by choice, I just ran out of my fav juice so I can't bare to toss them until I burn 'em out. (normally I drip)

RHP

Sed Contra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Northeast Ohio
i've noticed clear juices go further in my carto-tanks too. banana from mt baker is my favorite in carto-tanks. i'm still exploring on the cartomizers, but alot of my favorite juices don't taste well in a carto-tank. waiting for some smok and boge cartos and hoping those are better.

I actually recently put Banana from MBV in my IBTanked carto-tank, and it has been lasting much longer than the previous juices. Now, that could be that I've learned more about how to use carto-tanks, or it could be because of the clearer MBV Banana - it's hard for me to tell, but I sure do appreciate you telling me this because I LOVE Banana flavors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread