Help Mooch!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
About 2 months ago I got my M-tech Midnight series batts in the mail! I caught the advertisement here:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ies-in-the-world-m-tech.689661/#post-16183590

I must say they performed like champs right out of the box! They have been lasting for like 2 days without a charge. Great batteries all around until....

I had them running a .05 triple coil build on my Rampage rda with my cherry bomber box mod and they were hitting great for about an hour, I took them out and they were like REALLY hot. I checked out the website and it said that if I ran them under cold water to cool them down they would be fine. I did this and they tripled in size!!!!!! Now they wont fit inside my cherry bomber anymore, or any of my other awesome mods. A friend of mine suggested tossing them in the laundry dryer for about 3.5 minutes and that would shrink them back down but I didnt want to void the warranty.

Any ideas?!?!?!

***For those of you who know me....Im Back!!!!!!! For those of you who dont know me....dont take this thread seriously, we're here for a good time!***

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Hello and welcome back. I am glad I read the end part because I do not know you. Nice to meet you even though you had me worried there for a second.

Thanks for the welcome! Cant say I saw you around much when I posted more frequently either. Nice to meet you too!

I realize I didn't really help you out. Have you tried removing the wrapper since it acts like an insulator, trapping deadly heat inside the cell? I also use my dremel and cut fins in the battery to act as a radiator.

Yeah I already took off the wrapper, I havent tried the dremel yet though....that sounds like it would do the trick...plus it would make the batts look even more bad @$$!

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Noooooooooo!!! :shock::shock::shock:

The Midnight Series has our proprietary sick-as-.... hygroscopic coating! This coating pulls in moisture from the atmosphere and then boils it off to cool the cell. But you can never let these cells touch water!

Those cells can probably recover fully with a long slow drying period...YMMV. We advise just letting the cells heat up because once they melt the internals of the mod all together, the wiring and contact resistance is almost zero. You will find that the mod hits a lot harder after that.

Last edited:

edyle

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 23, 2013
    Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
    duh, uh, aren't they like the gremlins from the movie; put some more water and more batteries pop out!
    o-GREMLINS-facebook.jpg

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2015
    Noooooooooo!!! :shock::shock::shock:

The Midnight Series has our proprietary sick-as-.... hygroscopic coating! This coating pulls in moisture from the atmosphere and then boils it off to cool the cell. But you can never let these cells touch water!

Those cells can probably recover fully with a long slow drying period...YMMV. We advise just letting the cells heat up because once they melt the internals of the mod all together, the wiring and contact resistance is almost zero. You will find that the mod hits a lot harder after that.

Alright thats good news then! I checked on them this morning and they have reduced just a little in size! Hope they go back to 18650s soon my stacked Efest and Trustfire combo isnt crushing it like it used to!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread