[HELP] My dad caught me with my e-cig mode and took it

Status
Not open for further replies.

danianx

May 5, 2017
Hello everyone! Yesterday i turned 18 and around 11.30 am I decided to drink little vodka to 'celebrate' my adulthood. I did not get very wasted but I eventually fell asleep with my e-mod next to me. The next thing I remember- my dad coming through the door. It was 2.30 am. He saw it and took it. When I told him to give it back to me ,dad said that i was not adequate and should go to bed.He also said that he was disappointed again (he have already caught me with my e-pen and I have promised him to stop smoking cigarertes beforehand. which is why i bought my first e cig and eventually liked it). Little backgound of my dad: very strict, gets angry very eaisly and likes to control everything that me and my mom do. She,on the other hand, is way more liberal and respects my descisions and treats me the way I am supposed to be treated at 17-18. She knows about my habit. Please tell me how to proceed at the moment. Thank you!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome.

As an "adult" you can suck it up or move out.

ramen.jpg

Unsolicited advice: the older I got, the smarter my father became. :facepalm:

Best of luck
I

Last edited:

miro011

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2015
Canada
  • Deleted by retired1

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello everyone! Yesterday i turned 18 and around 11.30 am I decided to drink little vodka to 'celebrate' my adulthood. I did not get very wasted but I eventually fell asleep with my e-mod next to me. The next thing I remember- my dad coming through the door. It was 2.30 am. He saw it and took it. When I told him to give it back to me ,dad said that i was not adequate and should go to bed.He also said that he was disappointed again (he have already caught me with my e-pen and I have promised him to stop smoking cigarertes beforehand. which is why i bought my first e cig and eventually liked it). Little backgound of my dad: very strict, gets angry very eaisly and likes to control everything that me and my mom do. She,on the other hand, is way more liberal and respects my descisions and treats me the way I am supposed to be treated at 17-18. She knows about my habit. Please tell me how to proceed at the moment. Thank you!

It's his house his rules. You can be old enough to vape legally, but until your old enough to have your house, your rules, then your not old enough to vape if your dad doesn't want you vaping.

He's trying to protect you from bad choices. Your age didn't change in one day in his mind, basically, he probably sees this as a continuation of not following his rules and acting up.

But honestly, when you move out on your own and have your own home, then you can make any rules you want. When I moved out on my own for the first time, I spent at least a year breaking all my parents rules until the fun of it wore off..

Cannot count how many times I had dessert before my dinner that year.. lol.

Last edited:

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Might not be a bad idea. I posted to just remind everyone that US laws don't necessarily apply to everyone posting on ECF. ;)
A friend in the Netherlands was able to go the pub at 13 :)
If you're tall enough to reach the bar, you can drink :D

lc12

Account closed on request
Oct 31, 2014
I was a lifelong smoker & remember very vividly the arguments in my home when I started smoking - my mom smoked cigarettes & my dad was a pipe smoker. But yet, they wouldn't allow me to smoke. In my mind at the time, that was not fair.
Whatever you do, don't fight your dad.
Your parents are probably are opposites and they've been married a long time - & your mom knows him very well (she can get thru to him) . If she's the liberal one, she might be the key/solution to open up his eyes . Plead w/her to talk to your dad about smoking vs. vaping in private, & you send her facts/things about both & then she can send it to him little by little - so he can learn. Hopefully, by her speaking to him in a private-logical way (without you in room) things might start to change little by little. Give it a try.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Knock it off

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 26, 2013
    God's Country
    Be thankful your parents care enough to worry what you put in your body.

Be thankful they cloth, feed, shelter, and support you.

Asking you to refrain from vaping while living as their dependent in the home they pay for isnt unreasonable.

Turning 18 isnt a license to foget all your parents do for you.

Show some courtesy.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    • Deleted by retired1

Ben85

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    • Deleted by retired1

lc12

Oct 31, 2014
    I didn't realise ecf was the place to discuss family relations? I might start threads about the troubles I have with the other half :D
    If it pertains to vaping and would help you with your better half, why not? Besides, it's helping a teen to refrain from smoking, like most of started... and help him who is asking for the help.

Ben85

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    • Deleted by retired1

Ben85

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    • Deleted by retired1

lc12

Oct 31, 2014
    • Deleted by retired1

lc12

Oct 31, 2014
    • Deleted by retired1

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    You did. But the query is about how to proceed with a "strict" parent. That's not about vaping is it? What the OP is asking is 'how do I get back what I have had taken away'. That's a relationship issue and not a vaping one.

IMO of course.

When your wife takes away your vape gear and tells you your not allowed to vape, we will be happy to advice you on the best course of action..

In the interim, we are advising this young man here..

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    • Deleted by retired1

Ben85

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 16, 2014
    Kent, UK
    • Deleted by retired1

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Well, your parents are probably are opposites and they've been married a long time - & your mom knows him very well (she can get thru to him) . If she's the liberal one, she might be the key/solution to open up his eyes . Plead w/her to talk to your dad about smoking vs. vaping in private, & you send her facts/things about both & then she can send it to him little by little - so he can learn. Hopefully, by her speaking to him in a private-logical way (without you in room) things might start to change little by little. Give it a try.
    Women are so manipulative.
    Oh, sorry, I'm pretty sure I meant to say diplomatic.
    :laugh:

I'd just go up to him and kick him in the nuts.
    Then while he's rolling around on the floor I'd hit him with some vaping facts.

The truth sinks in better when you're holding onto your nuts.
    (Why do I feel like I'm channeling HauntedMyst right now)
    Stop getting caught - easier if you're not totally drunk.
    But really, this is the correct answer.

If you can't stop getting caught then you don't deserve to vape.
    And it starts with not passing out.

EIHYPI

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 15, 2017
    Many of us vapers started smoking way before the age of 18. So you mentioned that you smoked cigarettes before vaping. I know that with me it was a little different that you situation as to my dad buying me my first vape at 22-23, let alone pay for my cigarette cartons when I was 17-18, maybe because he recognized that I was having a rough life at that time.

Being that it seems like you already picked up the habit of nicotine and assuming you're vaping to let go of cigarettes just like most vapors, I'd say to pick up new vape gear when you can if you can't get it back from your dad. I'm not encouraging you to feed a habit, only encouraging you to do what it takes to stay away from real cigarettes. Too many vapers return to cigarettes when they don't have their vape gear.

If you are able to stay way from all nicotine that would be my best suggestion though.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread