Help!! My e-cig stopped working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniscally

Mar 23, 2010
Sacramento, CA
My brother just gave me the OMG Smoke Free starter kit. I have been using it for about a week and it was helping me totally cut back. I was using it earlier today and all of a sudden it isn't working. It is charged and the tip is lighting up. I put a new filter on it but I can get any smoke out of it. I also need to order new filters but I don't trust any of the sites I'm looking at. Where can I order replacement parts??? I don't want to go back to smoking as much as I was and this is the only thing that helped.

schaedj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
The 'Burgh
Unfortunately, I don't know what model the OMG Smoke Free really is. Some of the posts on the forum say it's the same as an M401.

First things first: What's wrong...

If the battery is lighting up when you suck on the PV, but the metal part at the center is not getting warm (and no vapor is coming out), the most likely problem is that the atomizer (the heating element) is shot. This can happen for a couple of reasons. One, it was poorly made. Two, it overheated or was run dry too long. If the cartridge (filter) still looks wet inside (you can push it up with a paper clip through the hole in the bottom), that is the most likely problem. (If the cartridge is bone dry, change it, but I don't think that's the problem you described)

The bad news: If the atomizer failed, the unit is dead until you get a new one (unless a spare of those came in the kit, in which case...)

As to getting a new one, first off, if it is a 401, and you like the feel and how it works for you, you can go to one of the many vendors on this forum that sells M401 kits / parts. The forum includes supplier reviews, and you will be able to hear the good and the bad about all of them, including price and shipping time.

I would HIGHLY recommend going to the Library - accessible from the first page and reading at least the first couple of threads for new users. There's a lot of information, pictures and recommendations to help you, especially if you decide you want to change units to something else.

The good news: Although you do have an investment in the unit you have in hand right now, it is a relatively small investment (although the price of those units is supposed to be EXTREMELY high - upwards of $100 for a $20-$30 unit) and you have enough experience to know what you liked and didn't like about it. Armed with that knowledge nad what you can learn on the forum, you have a head start down the road of vaping. (I was about $400 in before I discovered I was paying WAY TOO MUCH for my kit)

If the unit is still under warranty (and if you got it from somewhere reputable), you may be able to get a refund (or a replacement atomizer, if you want to keep using that unit)

I sympathize with you desire to not go back. Almost everyone I've talked to has had an emergency in the early stages of their vaping experience where they lacked a critical part of their system (dead batteries, no nic juice, etc.). Several vendors on this site are US-based and offer overnight shipping, so you might be able to have your replacement parts (or new unit) on hand in a day or two.

Good Luck, and happy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread