Status
Not open for further replies.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
At what percentage did you mix it? I think I read you mixed it at 13%? If this is the TFA M-Type, that is way, way too strong.

The M-Type is some strong stuff.

This is what I would do if I were you. I would make up 12ml of the PG/VG/Nicotine solution that you use. Do not add any flavoring to this.

Measure out 1ml of the juice that is too strong. Mix the 1ml of this juice with the 12ml of the no-flavor juice you made. That would make your 13% flavoring 1%. Dilution = 13ml of 1% flavoring.

If that is not enough flavoring, add 2ml more of the 13% juice, and 4.5ml more of a PG/VG/Nic base. = 19.5ml of 2% flavoring.

Make sure you make your PG-VG-Nic base how you want it and with the nic you want.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
I don't know what your original % of M-type was, so I can't say. You should never have started with 60ml of an untested mixture. I usually start with 5ml or 10 ml.
The real problem is this: M-type needs to steep for at least a week! The batch I mixed didn't get really good for a month.
This is what I would do..from your 160ml, take out enough to add nicotine to in order to wind up with a 10ml to 30ml bottle. In other words, use part of the 160ml to make a decent amount to vape, then put it aside to steep. Test it once every week. You will know within a monthif you have a decent juice.
Sorry for the bad news but, unfortunately, the key to DIY is patience and small test batches.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
I think it's personnal pref, some use water some use PG but I like to do a 70/30 split with a few drops of water like a martini without the olive "LOL". Just made some Berry floss recently 18MG real good using a mix of candy floss/raspberry 70/30VG+PG it's like being at the fair "wheres my goldfish".

LOL I usually vape 70/30 VG/PG in a Polypropolene carto tank. 80/20 when I drip
That juice sounds good, with or without an olive!! :2cool:
Is that LorAnne's flavoring?

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
FYI for everyone: This M-Type was mixed originally at 13%

So I diluted it from 60 ml bottle to a 160 bottle do u think it will help I hadn't put any nic in it yet so I'm just trying to get the clover rite now ....if anyone can help post or message me please

Hey butterfly, we need some more information here..

You started with 60ml of flavored liquid? Is there nic in it?

You put all 60ml of the liquid in a 160ml bottle?

Did you add any PG/VG to it?

How much PG/VG did you add?

ALL of these pieces of information are very important to help us figure out what percentage of flavoring you have right now.

For the M-Type liquid, you should start at about 1% flavoring and work UP. It is much, much easier for someone new to DIY to add flavoring than to properly dilute a mixture that is too strong.

Please don't make any more changes or dilute any further until we figure out what you have going on!!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
FYI for everyone: This M-Type was mixed originally at 13%

Hey butterfly, we need some more information here..

You started with 60ml of flavored liquid? Is there nic in it?

You put all 60ml of the liquid in a 160ml bottle?

ALL of these pieces of information are very important to help us figure out what percentage of flavoring you have right now.

For the M-Type liquid, you should start at about 1% flavoring and work UP. It is much, much easier for someone new to DIY to add flavoring than to properly dilute a mixture that is too strong.

Please don't make any more changes or dilute any further until we figure out what you have going on!!

PS -- please try to keep all your questions to one thread. I'm finding little pieces of information all over the place.

So I read in a TFA thread that you didn't add any nic to any of these mixtures. While that is good, we're going to need to be very precise about our measurements so we can be certain what level of nic you end up with.

We need to know these things:

You put all 60ml of the flavored liquid in a 160ml bottle?

How much TOTAL LIQUID do you have now?

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I had a 60ml of 13% mboro moved it to another bottle added 30 ml vg and 50 ml pg ..

Okay, so your 160ml bottle is full of 140ml. The liquid has 5.6% flavor. That's still a bit too much!

Measure out 1ml of the flavored liquid and put it in a smaller bottle.

Add 4.5ml TOTAL of PG/VG to that bottle. Use whatever combination of PG/VG you like, but make sure it only adds up to 4.5ml.

SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE.

Try the liquid. You probably should let it sit for a couple days.

If you haven't added any Ethyl Maltol, add 1-2 drops to your small bottle.

What you've just made is 1% of the M-Type. That is a great place to start. You might want to take it up to 2%, you won't know until you've tried it.

If that flavor isn't strong enough, come back and let me know. I'll help you make a 2% batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread