Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
So I go to pick up my Kanger T3S clearo that is filled with HHV Serendipity. I noticed that it had dumped out what little juice was left in it, about .5 ml, onto my desk where it was standing. I go to wipe down the threads and get it cleaned up to fill it back up, and it literally fell into pieces in my hands.

All the edges are clean as if someone at the Kanger factory just forgot to put glue on the pieces. I like the way the T3S performs, but the quality control seems to be lacking on this one.

Is there any way to save it? I was thinking of something like aquarium sealant on the outside of the plastic tube where it meets the drip tip portion, as that would keep the sealant from ever coming in contact with any juice, and aquarium sealant is silicone and approved for exposure to living things once properly cured. Suggestions.

Pics for reference...

9halXCG.jpg

gsIiMe8.jpg

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Cool, never seen one apart before. Thread all the pieces and you have a poly version of a Mini PT :) Easier to clean...

Seems like the aquarium sealant might work. A small bead around the outside of the poly tube, assemble and clamp until set. But for the price of the sealant you might be able to get several new T3S's?

The bottom may have come without sealant, too.... Just hope you didn't get several from the same batch!

If aquarium sealant won't dissolve in PG or nicotine (I'll trust it as far as VG goes) and is completely non-toxic, great. If not, look for something that meets those standards.

I've occasionally had one fall apart on me, usually because the center post breaks free. I probably shouldn't snap them to dry them out after washing, but it's a habit... :)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
hey, so are those genuine kanger ?

looks like the generic ones I have, and like you say , I love the performance & capacity

BUT

they are NOT glued but 'pressure' friction fit together
happens to mine ALL THE TIME

just clean them good, dry and gently press fit back together (you'll hear a click or snap)

I think what happens is over tightening the base with coil in
pushes up on center air passage tube and 'pops' the top off (or bottom)

like I said, has happened many times to my several and I just keep putting them back together dry fit

they are pretty tuff ! (I'm vaping two now, 2.2Ω one menthol & one 555)

:)

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
hey, so are those genuine kanger ?

looks like the generic ones I have, and like you say , I love the performance & capacity

BUT

they are NOT glued but 'pressure' friction fit together
happens to mine ALL THE TIME

just clean them good, dry and gently press fit back together (you'll hear a click or snap)

I think what happens is over tightening the base with coil in
pushes up on center air passage tube and 'pops' the top off (or bottom)

like I said, has happened many times to my several and I just keep putting them back together dry fit

they are pretty tuff ! (I'm vaping two now, 2.2Ω one menthol & one 555)

:)

These are definitely genuine Kanger. They have the Kanger logo on the bottom metal ring (see second pic), and I picked these up at MyVaporStore, which is a very trusted vendor.

I tried pressing the pieces together, but no clicking sound, and I was using plenty of force. Still just coming apart with little effort.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Nope, not broken at all. The plastic is definitely going in as far as it can. Tried to tap it in as well..no luck. It's adhesive or nothing.

I just need to find a food safe adhesive that propylene glycol won't break down over time. Silicone should be a safe bet, including the aquarium sealant. I even came across something that suggested Gorilla Glue might even work, but I am not going to try anything until I get a definitive answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread