Help, my newly made liquid tastes burned or awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackkin

Jul 13, 2019
Hello,
One of my friends have been smoking Egoist Peachy Ice Cream and when I tasted it I simply loved it.
I bought some myself and blended it exactly how my friend did. 80/20 mix with 20% aroma and 2mg nicotin, though my friend did 4mg or 6mg nicotin.
After a week of steeping I wanted to just taste it, and it tastes burned or awful atleast. I have no idea why...
We use the same ecig "vandy vapes xpulse 90w" with the in pack rda.
I use a different kind of cotton "native wicks Premium blend" and he uses cotton bacon.
I use a different brand of wire but still both are " N80 fused clapton with same ga" my ohm is at 0.24 atm and his is 0.29.
Does anyone have any idea to how this is happening?
Best regards
Anders

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@Blackkin, as you describe it, I see two possibilities. Either the e-liquid is different, or the hardware is different.

This should be fairly easy to sort out.

Place your e-liquid in their devise and vise versa.

If, your e-liquid tastes good (to you) in their device; your hardware is at fault. (coil, wick, or as simple as power setting)

If their e-liquid tastes good in your device; your e-liquid recipe is the cause.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I will try when we meet again then, really hope it's the hardware, just as simple as different cotton or something, since I really do love this taste
Thanks for the fast reply IDJoel
It can be every bit as simple as that. A different wick. A different coil. Even a different power setting can make the same e-liquid taste surprisingly different.

When it really starts to go off the charts, is when you start comparing different atomizers. That is why I will never cry "baloney" for anyone's flavor review. Not unless I can replicate their set-up exactly... and, in 7 years of vaping, I have never been able to do so. I will never say that something isn't "right/good"... only that it isn't "right" for me.

Be patient. Be understanding. And, you will find reason. Vaping is wonderful... when you give it a chance. :D

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Did you use the same brands of ingredients? I’d say go back over your recipe and be sure you mixed it correctly.

Did you mean you used 80pg/20vg? Hopefully you meant the other way around.

If the brands are the same and everything was measured correctly, and no other awful thing happened (mix exposed to too much heat, bottle not washed thoroughly etc) then it may only need some shaking and more steep time.

Blackkin

Jul 13, 2019
It is 80vg/20pg.
Yeah, taste is very individual and as you say, the set-up has to be right aswell.
I have blended it with just about the same brands of vg and pg as he has, and the mix is mixed correctly, that I am 100% sure of
I started vaping about 10 years ago, but back then I had to order ecigs and premixed liquid from England and USA since they didnt sell it here, and just about no one knew what it was in Denmark.
I stopped after about 1-11/2 year of vaping.
Took it up again 2 years ago and mixed liquids myself, we now have shops in Denmark for it, and actually stopped smoking and vaping all together after a year "for about 2 days", until I went on vecation and a smoke with my drinks were to much to deny.
So now I started again about a month ago, I've been vaping fruit circles from TPA which I vaped before too, I really like it, but I need a second flavor so I don't grow tired of it and there I'm hoping the peachy ice cream can be the one

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It is 80vg/20pg.
Yeah, taste is very individual and as you say, the set-up has to be right aswell.
I have blended it with just about the same brands of vg and pg as he has, and the mix is mixed correctly, that I am 100% sure of
I started vaping about 10 years ago, but back then I had to order ecigs and premixed liquid from England and USA since they didnt sell it here, and just about no one knew what it was in Denmark.
I stopped after about 1-11/2 year of vaping.
Took it up again 2 years ago and mixed liquids myself, we now have shops in Denmark for it, and actually stopped smoking and vaping all together after a year "for about 2 days", until I went on vecation and a smoke with my drinks were to much to deny.
So now I started again about a month ago, I've been vaping fruit circles from TPA which I vaped before too, I really like it, but I need a second flavor so I don't grow tired of it and there I'm hoping the peachy ice cream can be the one
What's important here is are you using the same brand of flavor concentrates and the same vendor for them?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Time to test your VG,PG and nic base for the off taste.
Are your bases (PG/VG/Nic) fresh and new or have you had them for a while?
You can vape the PG and/or VG straight. If they are fine, make a 5ml bottle with nicotine at your preferred strength.

Can you post the recipe or a screen shot of the mixing calculator/recipe you are using?

Best of luck
I

Blackkin

Jul 13, 2019
The vg and pg in the first 100ml was fresh and the vg in the second 100ml was a bit old.
They taste the same, and the other liquids I have made using the old vg and the new pg and nicotin base taste just fine.
The recipe:
Nicotin 18mg "100% vg" 11.11ml
Aroma "pg based" 20ml
VG base: 68.31ml
PG base: 0.58
Which ends up at 79VG/21PG with 2mg nicotin

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
The vg and pg in the first 100ml was fresh and the vg in the second 100ml was a bit old.
They taste the same, and the other liquids I have made using the old vg and the new pg and nicotin base taste just fine.
The recipe:
Nicotin 18mg "100% vg" 11.11ml
Aroma "pg based" 20ml
VG base: 68.31ml
PG base: 0.58
Which ends up at 79VG/21PG with 2mg nicotin
If you both are using mechs could be as simple as one battery was fresh and the other drained.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Put a drop of juice on your finger and taste it. If it tastes like it should, something is burning it in your setup. If it tastes nasty on your hand, something isn't mixed correctly.

I would also reduce the wattage and test it with a new wick.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Could your one shot be off/old? Does it have a born on date that is significantly different than your friends? IDK just trying to figure it out.

Although you may think you "know" you mixed it exactly right, you may not have. Mistakes happen. I might do a smaller tester bottle to test your process I think.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread