• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help! Need advice on travelling to Canada with E-juice/E-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spynz1

Aug 3, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm Canadian and I've been living in the UK for a few years. I vape and I'm travelling back home to Canada. I plan on bringing 5/6 10ml bottles of e-juice with 18mg of nic for personal use while i'm out there and obviously my e-cig with 2 batteries. My question is, will I have trouble at Canada customs? What's the best way to pack the e-juice and e-cig? (Carry on or check in luggage etc)

Thanks in advance! :)

Spynz1

Aug 3, 2016
Batteries MUST be in your carry-on and properly stored/protected. Your e-liquid may or may not be confiscated, depending on the individual and how bad of a day they're having.

Hey thanks! I'll give it a shot, what would be the best way to pack the e-juice? Carry on or luggage? should I declare it? It's not really a tobacco products and e-cig/e-juice are not banned in Canada. So I figured i'd be ok, i'm just not sure where to put it?

Sunster

Aug 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm Canadian and I've been living in the UK for a few years. I vape and I'm travelling back home to Canada. I plan on bringing 5/6 10ml bottles of e-juice with 18mg of nic for personal use while i'm out there and obviously my e-cig with 2 batteries. My question is, will I have trouble at Canada customs? What's the best way to pack the e-juice and e-cig? (Carry on or check in luggage etc)

Thanks in advance! :)

Hey, Just pack all your bottles in your checked luggage (not carry on) and make sure you protect from leaks etc. Better yet, if you can wait, pack all your gear in your checked luggage (minus batteries). If you carry a 10ml with you then also have it in a ziplock bag. (UK was so strict about that) Some security checkpoints even supply ziplock bags. They also don't like batteries, especially lithium batteries that have exposed terminals and keep them in your carry on. In the end, different airlines and airports have different rules. Best to always check the restricted items page on their website.

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Better yet, if you can wait, pack all your gear in your checked luggage.

Never, ever place your batteries in checked luggage. That's a sure fire way of getting removed from the flight.

E-Liquids and atomizers can go in checked luggage, but it's best to just put it in your carry on. Batteries (properly stored in appropriate container) and mods with fixed batteries should always be placed in carry on bags.

Sunster

Aug 13, 2016
Never, ever place your batteries in checked luggage. That's a sure fire way of getting removed from the flight.

E-Liquids and atomizers can go in checked luggage, but it's best to just put it in your carry on. Batteries (properly stored in appropriate container) and mods with fixed batteries should always be placed in carry on bags.

Oops left that out of my "They also don't like batteries, especially lithium batteries that have exposed terminals" sentence. Fixed.

BonesK98K

Jan 26, 2012
Alberta, Canada
interesting... traveled the last couple of years with batts (ego style) clearos and 2x 30 ml bottles in checked luggage. once to the dominican and the other on a Caribbean cruise. didnt have a problem anywhere and they can be strict on a boat. wouldnt anticipate any confiscation unless you plan on being searched for other reasons.

threw them all in seperate zip lock bags with my toiletries. my electric shaver has a battery so whats the issue...

after all, brining your eliquid back into canada (where it was likely already purchased) isnt illegal.... I dont worry about it and only bring enough that i need in the off chance it gets taken by a customs agent with too much time on his hands.

side note :you guys see the show about the colombian customs folks, those fine people have their work cut out for them, quite the contrast to the highlights of the cbsa show lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread