Help, Need Advice on upgrade - Which device to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rags527

Dec 26, 2013
India
Hi Everyone!

I've been using the Kanger Minibox-C with Protank 5 for over a year now and loved it(Was suggested this model here on ecf - thanks again all).

However, off late have had multiple leakage issues. I have replaced all the rubber seals etc., but problem not getting resolved. Also, refilling is quite a job with the Protank 5.

A friend recently made me try the juul. While I didn't like that it was cartridge based, I did like how sleek and compact it was, really easy to carry around. After that, I admit, I have lost a little luv for my Kanger.

I was looking for a more compact model, that is easy to carry around and refill conveniently with a reasonably good battery life.

I'm an MTL smoker and using 70%vg liquid (Not fond of the throat hit).

Requesting help and guidance on what kind of vaping device I should try next.

Thank you.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hi Everyone!

I've been using the Kanger Minibox-C with Protank 5 for over a year now and loved it(Was suggested this model here on ecf - thanks again all).

However, off late have had multiple leakage issues. I have replaced all the rubber seals etc., but problem not getting resolved. Also, refilling is quite a job with the Protank 5.

A friend recently made me try the Juul. While I didn't like that it was cartridge based, I did like how sleek and compact it was, really easy to carry around. After that, I admit, I have lost a little luv for my Kanger.

I was looking for a more compact model, that is easy to carry around and refill conveniently with a reasonably good battery life.

I'm an MTL smoker and using 70%vg liquid (Not fond of the throat hit).

Thank you.
Internal or external battery?

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It's generally not recommended to charge via USB with a removable battery device.

I really would try changing yours (with new batteries, charging externally) to se how it does if you really like it. Your old battery may simply not be holding a charge they don't last forever.

As for new equipment you have lots and lots of choices. I am not going to go there right now due to the battery issue, it is even more not recommended to say, charge 2 batteries via USB.
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Baditude's Blogs | E-Cigarette Forum

Good luck!
Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well if you’ve been using the same battery for a year, the obvious thing is your battery is worn out. The advantage of the device you’ve got is a new battery is $5-10 instead of $30 for a new device. That may make a night and day difference for you.

The possible problem is that mod has microUSB2, so it’s not impossible your charge port is getting ready to pack it in too.

The system you’ve got now will take the protonated nic that the JUUL uses. I don’t like the stuff myself for various reasons, but if much higher nic with lower throat hit is your absolute requirement nicotine benzoate (what JUUL “salts” actually are) will do it. The JUUL is basically just an old fashioned cigalike with newfangled juice in it. Your current system is actually a lot more powerful and versatile.

So: new battery, way to solve a possible aging microUSB2 port (fasttech magnetic adaptor) $3.12 Amoni Magnetic Micro-USB to USB 2.0 Charging / Data Sync Adapter Cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
And either more o-rings (new o-ring kit looks to be $5 online) or a new tank, and you’ve still got a better device than a JUUL for less initial cost and far far lower variable cost (those pods add up very fast)

So assuming new tank, iirc the big complication is the mod is 22mm so you need a 22mm tank.

EddieVapes

Apr 28, 2019
Houston
If you're wanting something in a smaller form factor then both the Smok Nord and Aspire Nautilus AIO are good options. Both have MTL options (in fact, the Nautilus AIO is only MTL), hold a good amount of juice or salt nic, and are simple to upkeep.

I'm more of a box mod guy but I like pod systems for when I need a smaller vape when I go out or when a box mod would be impractical. Even so, when I first picked up the Nautilus AIO I couldn't put it down. It quickly became my favorite pod system of the two.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
If you're wanting something in a smaller form factor then both the Smok Nord and Aspire Nautilus AIO are good options. Both have MTL options (in fact, the Nautilus AIO is only MTL), hold a good amount of juice or salt nic, and are simple to upkeep.

I would agree with this advice and add that many pod systems are so cheap that you might as well buy 2 and always have 1 charging.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Hi there and welcome back....My two cents? Get yourself a nice little pod as has been said here before and if you can afford it a new VW box mod also. There are lots out there that will suit you....just a matter of seeing what you like and then maybe checking back here to see which is best .....Good luck :)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Your subject: Pods, suggest posting in :
Vape Pod Systems
You may receive more knowledgeable/germane information (such as easy to carry around and refill conveniently) from the membership in the above forum.

rags527

Dec 26, 2013
India
It's generally not recommended to charge via USB with a removable battery device.

I really would try changing yours (with new batteries, charging externally) to se how it does if you really like it. Your old battery may simply not be holding a charge they don't last forever.

As for new equipment you have lots and lots of choices. I am not going to go there right now due to the battery issue, it is even more not recommended to say, charge 2 batteries via USB.
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Baditude's Blogs | E-Cigarette Forum

Good luck!
Anna

Thanks Anna! This is helpful. Will keep that in mind.

rags527

Dec 26, 2013
India
Well if you’ve been using the same battery for a year, the obvious thing is your battery is worn out. The advantage of the device you’ve got is a new battery is $5-10 instead of $30 for a new device. That may make a night and day difference for you.

The possible problem is that mod has microUSB2, so it’s not impossible your charge port is getting ready to pack it in too.

The system you’ve got now will take the protonated nic that the JUUL uses. I don’t like the stuff myself for various reasons, but if much higher nic with lower throat hit is your absolute requirement nicotine benzoate (what JUUL “salts” actually are) will do it. The JUUL is basically just an old fashioned cigalike with newfangled juice in it. Your current system is actually a lot more powerful and versatile.

So: new battery, way to solve a possible aging microUSB2 port (fasttech magnetic adaptor) $3.12 Amoni Magnetic Micro-USB to USB 2.0 Charging / Data Sync Adapter Cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
And either more o-rings (new o-ring kit looks to be $5 online) or a new tank, and you’ve still got a better device than a JUUL for less initial cost and far far lower variable cost (those pods add up very fast)

So assuming new tank, iirc the big complication is the mod is 22mm so you need a 22mm tank.

You're absolutely right, my current system is definitely more powerful and versatile than the JUUL, just that I find it a little bulky to handle when out for a dinner or something.

If i'm keeping this, may have to go in for a new tank as you suggested, cuz i've bought now o-rings and all, but still leaks.

Thank you.

rags527

Dec 26, 2013
India

I'm more of a box mod guy but I like pod systems for when I need a smaller vape when I go out or when a box mod would be impractical. Even so, when I first picked up the Nautilus AIO I couldn't put it down. It quickly became my favorite pod system of the two.

This sounds promising. Will check it out.

Thanks.

rags527

Dec 26, 2013
India
Hi there and welcome back....My two cents? Get yourself a nice little pod as has been said here before and if you can afford it a new VW box mod also. There are lots out there that will suit you....just a matter of seeing what you like and then maybe checking back here to see which is best .....Good luck :)

Will check this out too.

Thank you.

rags527

Dec 26, 2013
India
You have posted in the new members forum, you are limited to the number of post in this forum.
re: New Members - "How many posts do I need to..."
In the future, you might want to post in the ECF forum most closely representing your question. Your subject: Pods, suggest posting in :
Vape Pod Systems
You may receive more knowledgeable/germane information (such as easy to carry around and refill conveniently) from the membership in the above forum.

Apologies BrotherBob!

Its just that I keep falling off the vaping wagon, so I still consider myself a newb... :unsure:

Will keep in mind in the future, and thanks for providing the relevant link.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You're absolutely right, my current system is definitely more powerful and versatile than the JUUL, just that I find it a little bulky to handle when out for a dinner or something.

If i'm keeping this, may have to go in for a new tank as you suggested, cuz i've bought now o-rings and all, but still leaks.

Thank you.
Cartridge coil tanks I’m not much help with I’m afraid.
There are those here that know carto tanks though. You might be better served by one of them.
I’m an rba guy myself. The only mtl carto tank I’ve used is a zenith, which was very very nice, but it’s 24mm, which would overhang on your mod.
I might be able to suggest an RTA if you’re interested. There is good sized long term cost savings, but the savings of diy juice is bigger, at least in the US. It’s not that there isn’t good cost savings to be had with RBAs, It’s just that the savings with DIY juice is kind of gigantic really.

If you wanted a no compromise carto solution and were willing to throw a bunch of money at the problem to wind up with a similar sized device I’d say a jacvapor sandstorm and a zenith atty. you’d be looking at over a Benjamin though.

One other though might be a tiny mod. I haven’t kept up, but there’s a tiny mods for under $100 thread around here.

There are also some really small AIO devices that have a lot of the advantages of APVs. A geekvape flint would be one. Not sure if it fits your vape style or not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread