Help! need advice to deal with the neighbors bratts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
I need some advice
My neighbors have like 10 kids; I really can’t tell how many are theirs because if one of them has a few friends over they make a small army of little brats.

There is a set of boulders which I own 2/3 of; dividing our property, the elementary aged kids use these rocks to climb and play on and the high school kids go up on the rocks to smoke butts before their parents come home.

The Jr high kids were just hitting golf balls and rocks this afternoon, my back yard has like 20 golf balls in it and one of the lil jerks hit a rock in to my brand new Jeep today.
(no dent, but I almost took the rock and whipped it at the lil .....es head, cuz they did it right in front of me)

So here is my dilemma, should I put the fear into the young kids to let em know I mean business, If I do it will work for a while but when they get older they will start to mess with me; that is assuming that they don’t rat me out to their parents first.
Should I say something to the parents? Again I see future problems with this one as well.

And don’t even get me started on the highschool crew over there. A bunch of rich white kids who think they are all street driving around Mommies Lexus, but they usually have real street kids sitting in the back seat for cred.

It’s a rock and a hard place for me, damned if you do damned if you don’t

My options are
Talk to the parents
Talk to the kids
Start calling the cops
Or I can just ignore them for now till they really mess with me

Last edited:

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
I say talk to the kids. Explain why you don't like what they're doing. Make your explanation age-appropriate (i.e. don't talk to the high school kids like they're 6 year olds).

If they continue to do it, speak to their parents. If the parents are receptive, work with them. If they aren't, explain that continued disrespect to your property will be greated by police intervention.

If it happens again after that, call the police and let them deal with it.

invidregis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2008
Chicago, USA
Take my advise. Call the police. Most parents now a days are the "not my kids, there angels" type. You are are in a no win situation if they are. You can try to speak to the parents, if that goes no where call the police. Confronting little jags will get you steamed, they might catch you on the wrong day, a well deserved crack later, the police come for you.

ShimmyPrincess

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2009
The Windy City
Similar prob. here 2 years ago...cut to the chase and call the police.
In my situation, I tried talking to the kids, made it worse...talked to the parents and got "not my kids" or verbal abuse from the the mom, she called me every name in the book...calling the police out worked, especially if they do any damage...criminal damage to property and you can press charges.]

good luck, it's frustrating

linkav7

Mar 20, 2009
Destin FL
I am a construction superintendent/project manager and have to deal with this type crap all the time on residential projects. Do not confront the kids or the parents. There is nothing good to come from that. Call the police, explain the situation and ask to have an officer meet you at your house. They will send someone who works in your neighborhood or area. Get to be friends with him/her. Let them handle it. That is their job, and trust me, they get just as sick of bad kids as you do.

mace bewley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2009
Rogers AR
I have kids that like to ride their dirt bikes and 4 wheelers on my property, Start with the fear of God (" I have been to prison and I'm not scared to go back" or " people will cry when they see what I have done to your tiny insignificant bodies"). If that don't work (it usually does) go to the cops.

Mace

Sexi

ECF Veteran
Take it to the cops first. The reason I say this if after driving a school bus for 23 years, (19 years on the same route), I know kids can do & say anything. If you even talk to them "nicely, no threats, nothing" just nicely. By the time they tell their parents about it, (if they do). They will say you touched them, threathened them & God only knows what else. You don't want that to happen, I know here any threats are taken very seriously.

Parents are the same sometimes, if they are the one's who believe their child can do no wrong. They will accuse you of anything they desire & get by with it.

If your home during these times, I would wait with a camera, get pictures, video or whatever so you can show the cops what they are doing. You know soon as a cop car drive up, the crap will stop for the time being.

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
My options are
Talk to the parents
Talk to the kids
Start calling the cops
Or I can just ignore them for now till they really mess with me

CALL THE COPS!

then walk out 7 minutes later and let them know if they have anything they don't want the cops to find, they should beat it. and that the cops are going to be called every time you see them around, so they should find another hangout.

hopefully they'll cross paths with the cops and get a good scare.

kids need to learn! i never did that kind of stuff when i was that age- they should go to their "friend with bad parents" house and party over there!!

i'm a mean lil thing- i have no problem narc'ing on bad ... kids!

Last edited:

MrKrinkle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Hire a Junkie Hitman, they cheap will usually wipe out the whole bunch for 500 bucks crack heads do the killing for 100 bucks... cops hahaha like they do anything these days but harass skateboarders and break up parties c'mon people other than filing a report you people really think cops are good for anything?

Elle

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Orange County, CA
cops hahaha like they do anything these days but harass skateboarders and break up parties

then isn't this the perfect scenario to have the cops over? kids freak over cops- and if one of them has a little somthin on them then they'll really flip. just takes a friend of a friend getting busted to get the majority of those kids to find another place.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I used to deal with troubled kids for a living. What you need to understand about kids is that they are pack animals! To cure your problem without worring about repercussions is to become part of the pack/herd. That is pretty easy, just kinda befriend the alpha kid, usually the oldest boy.
Ask the oldest to help with a car thing or do a small job around the house..in the open. Just open the dialog, if you become a sort of friend then you are now part of the pack and off limits to vandalism.
Kids do not think like we do, they haven't developed their brains yet and can't see the problems they are causing or the consequences. They honestly believe Jerk=Cool.
The parents know their kids are up to all sorts of crap, but will defend them because they fear being called bad parents. They can't remote control the kids and one of them can't afford to stay home in this economy as was the original plan.
If you truly don't want to go through the befriending process, get a cop friend to come by while the kids are around and chat with him. Don't have him go to their house, keep the kids guessing. Don't forget to wave at the kids when the cop leaves.
Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread