Help Noob on the scene! need help with picking one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hi guys,
i am sooo new to this, i am thinking of picking one of those ecig to kick out the smoking habit, hopefully i wont get addicted to vaping lol
anyway i was looking for a vap that will look more like an actual cig, so i am in the market for a 401 model, now i know there is plenty of review out there but i need help getting one that would feel like smoking an actual cig, i love the smoking feeling, the "throat hit" like you guys call it is the moooost important factor to me next to vap production.
i think i narrowed it down to the pilot hybrid and the evo...
now out of the 2 which one would give me what i am looking for? would the eliquid make a difference too? meaning would the putting in different eliq makes either model get me a better throat hit?

thanks guys for helping a noob out!!!

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Hey I dont have either, So I'm replying to bump up your post, so it would grab other's attention :)

lol thanks!
but does the ones u own gives u have good troath hit? similar to a regular cig, i usually smokes malboro 27 (they are regular strength for does that dont know)
i am open to other models too, i just want something that look like a real cig lol

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
I have a Pilot hybrid (same as 401/402). It's close to the size of an analog cigarette, feels like one in the hand and produces good vapour. I also have a Dura-C, which feels more like an analog cigarette when you take a drag and has a very strong throat hit.

Different liquids definitely have different hits. For example, Johnson Creek liquids tend to be mild whereas Riskee juice will blow your head off.

Last edited:

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I have a Pilot hybrid. It's close to the size of an analog cigarette, feels like one in the hand and produces good vapour. I also have a Dura-C, which feels more like an analog cigarette when you take a drag and has a very strong throat hit.

Different liquids definitely have different hits. For example, Johnson Creek liquids tend to be mild whereas Riskee juice will blow your head off.
so you are saying that it doesnt matter that i go with either one evo or pilot, i will get my troath hit depending on the liquid?
well ok, if that the only difference why and whick would i should go with???
thanks for all your help guys

Klausse

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2009
Rochester, NY, US
Hey Gahau,
I've been blowing dough left and right since January, looking for the "perfect" Vape. Coming right off the smokes I'd recommend joye306/Mini-fogger or a RN4081. They both are just about the right size, affordable and smoke up real nice. The Janty juices I find are giving me the most consistent throat hits with these.

I just got a Pilot in today (still charging) but have hit on the Evo's before and even with the included carts, they pack a nice hit.
Happy hunting!

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
so you are saying that it doesnt matter that i go with either one evo or pilot, i will get my troath hit depending on the liquid?
well ok, if that the only difference why and whick would i should go with???
thanks for all your help guys

Some e-cigs produce more than others, so the type of liquid is only half the equation. I can't speak for the Evo - anyone? - but I think you'll be ok with the Pilot. I mentioned the Dura-C because it's got the strongest throat hit I've yet encountered.

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Some e-cigs produce more than others, so the type of liquid is only half the equation. I can't speak for the Evo - anyone? - but I think you'll be ok with the Pilot. I mentioned the Dura-C because it's got the strongest throat hit I've yet encountered.

weird... so if you put the same liq in the dura and the pilot u will get more of a throat hit out of the dura? wow.
how does the pilot hit compares to a regular cig?

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
weird... so if you put the same liq in the dura and the pilot u will get more of a throat hit out of the dura? wow.
how does the pilot hit compares to a regular cig?

That's been my experience, yes. It gets even more fun, because different atomisers make the same model of e-cig vape differently. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, because unless you get a real lemon they're all perfectly adequate.

Comparing the hit to that of a regular cigarette is tricky because they're different sensations. Close enough that vaping works as a replacement to smoking, but definitely different. With that disclaimer, I'd say that the Pilot compares to something like a Marlboro Light when you get it vaping well.

Good luck!

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
That's been my experience, yes. It gets even more fun, because different atomisers make the same model of e-cig vape differently. I wouldn't worry too much about it though, because unless you get a real lemon they're all perfectly adequate.

Comparing the hit to that of a regular cigarette is tricky because they're different sensations. Close enough that vaping works as a replacement to smoking, but definitely different. With that disclaimer, I'd say that the Pilot compares to something like a Marlboro Light when you get it vaping well.

Good luck!

uhhh oh!!!
i hate lights!!!!
what if i put strong liq in the pilot??? i kinda like the pilot... price look and everything! but i would not get it if it get me a light hit!!!! please tell me that i can remedy this by putting a diff liq!

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
uhhh oh!!!
i hate lights!!!!
what if i put strong liq in the pilot??? i kinda like the pilot... price look and everything! but i would not get it if it get me a light hit!!!! please tell me that i can remedy this by putting a diff liq!

Like I said, the comparison isn't perfect and the type of liquid does make a big difference. I think we're at the point where descriptions won't be much more help to you unless you've tried vaping - and then they won't be necessary ;)

Good luck with whichever model you choose.

Gahau

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Like I said, the comparison isn't perfect and the type of liquid does make a big difference. I think we're at the point where descriptions won't be much more help to you unless you've tried vaping - and then they won't be necessary ;)

Good luck with whichever model you choose.

=(... ok fine forget about the model i want pilot or evo...
if someone wanted a ecig that would be the closest thing to the real thing with a budget of about 50-80 what would you guys recommened

DangerMouse

May 29, 2009
UK
I've got an Evo... With the smaller Mighty Atom battery it looks a lot like a 'real' cig, to the extent that I can't use it in public at work without risking a complaint from members of the public! It doesn't draw like a real cig, but I've found that if I 'direct inhale' (search the forum) then it feels quite a lot like a real one vapour/smoke wise, with a proper throat hit that's so often talked about. Only problem is they're quite pricey and I find that the smaller batteries don't last as long as I might like - I'm probably changing them 3 times a day, maybe 4. The larger batteries last longer. Then again, I'm finding that I take one or two drags on it every 5 or 10 minutes, rather than smoking them like I would have a real cig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread