• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help please - want to upgrade from Bloog to eGo or something similar???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torgirl

Aug 24, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
Hello all,

I started vaping a year ago and chose a Bloog system with Bloog Cartomizers. I then switched to Reds cartomizers as they are way more powerful. Now that I've been vaping for a year, I'm ready to move onto something a bit more powerful with longer battery life. I have 5 batteries right now that I have to constantly recharge and it's driving me crazy. A friend suggested I buy an eGo Ce4 kit with EVOD clearomizers and I'm wondering if that's a good combination. I also haven't been able to find a Canadian supplier for the EVOD clearomizers so I'm open to any suggestions you all may have. I want something easy to fill that will last a while.

Thanks very much in advance.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I got my first "starter kit" from here: Canadian Genuine Joyetech eGo-C Twist 650 mAh battery kit I ordered the 1000mAh batteries. They're longer, but they do last longer than the 650mAh batteries.

You can use virtually any 510 connection clearomizer on them as well as eGo threaded clearomizers (like the MT3).

Rob is top notch, gets his orders out promptly, and is always available to answer questions. I did a order snafu with him, and he tossed in an extra clearomizer even though it was my boo-boo. There may be prices that are lower elsewhere, but I'm happy to pay the little bit extra for the awesome service Rob provides.

Generally, your order goes out the same day you place it if it's in early enough.

IT_guy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
SK, Canada
I agree with retired1...run don't walk (figuratively) to your favorite Canadian ecig vendor and buy yourself 2 ego twist batteries. The evod recommendation is a good one too, as far as clearos go the evod is easily one of my favorites.

There are lots of Canadian vendors that have both but if you're looking for names try Canvape, vaporus, cev, east side vapes, mad vapers, electro vapers or gentle men's reserve. That is far from the only ones but all I could come up with off the top of my head.

Torgirl

Aug 24, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
I wanted to get your expert views as to whether I have everything I need for my upgrade to the eGo Twist. This is what I've figured out I can start with, any suggestions as to anything else I may need?

- 2 eGo Twist 1000 mAh batteries
- 2 - 2.5 vivi nova clearomizers
- eGo sleeve cone type d
- eGo USB charger

Also, I've never used clearomizers before, are they easy to fill and do you find that they leak at all?

Thanks

make sure you get a couple of replacement coil heads for the vivi novas, so you don't have to make a special order later..... yes they are easy to fill, I don't think I've had issues with the vivi novas leaking.....don't know if anyone else has. A spare charger is useful....learned that the hard way.

Thanks, there are three different sizes of coils 1.8, 2.4 and 2.8, would you mind telling me what the difference is and which one you would suggest? Great idea about the spare charger. Thanks:)

Thanks everyone. I've updated my cart to include:

- USB charger
- 2 eGo Twist batteries
- 1 Vivi Nova 2.0 mini
- 1 EVOD 1.6ml BCC
- 1 EVOD BCC replacement coils 2.5 ohm (5 pack)
- 1 Vapeonly 3.5ml BCC tank

How does that look? Does anyone have experience with the Vapeonly tank? Just wondering if I should switch that out and get another EVOD instead?

You guys are all amazing!

froghammer

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2012
Toronto
1.8 ohms will be good around 4volts on the twist. 2.4 ohms I run at around 4.6 volts.

Holy cow. If I ran a 1.8 at 4 volts on my Twists, it would be nothing but a burnt-fest. I can't put them much higher than 3.4 or so. How do you get them to work that high? Ditto for 2.4. I can run those at about 3.6-3.8. Nothing close to 4.6.

dmatrix7

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Belleville Ontario
Holy cow. If I ran a 1.8 at 4 volts on my Twists, it would be nothing but a burnt-fest. I can't put them much higher than 3.4 or so. How do you get them to work that high? Ditto for 2.4. I can run those at about 3.6-3.8. Nothing close to 4.6.

That is how I prefer them and they work well with the juices I vape which are 100% VG. I do pull the floater wicks from the atomizer though as I have wicking issues on a fresh atomizer. This is for Evods and Protanks, which is all I use, not sure about others.

That is how I prefer them and they work well with the juices I vape which are 100% VG. I do pull the floater wicks from the atomizer though as I have wicking issues on a fresh atomizer. This is for Evods and Protanks, which is all I use, not sure about others.

dmatrix7, the juice I have is 70% PG, do you you think I'll have an issue using it with my EVOD? I read somewhere that I should pull out one or two wicks?? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread