The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help Put a Human Face to Vaping - My Vape Story

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by DeadbeatJeff, May 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DeadbeatJeff

DeadbeatJeff Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Mar 6, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    Hi everyone,

After contacting a few people around-the-way, and getting very few responses, I'm moving this to more public venues.

I'm trying to get a blog, youtube, and Facebook started — My Vape Story.

The idea is to have regular vapers share their stories, to put faces and reality to ecigs and vaping. I think this is an important step in bringing our cause to the general public, in letting people see that these devices are used by REAL people, that they save lives. That they are not an extension of the traditional tobacco industry, and that they should not be thought of a specialized medical devices.

If you're interested in sharing your story, visit the links below. Maybe like the FB page and share the blog link around.

We need to become more visible and more human. The fight for ecigs will be won or lost in the battle for public opinion. The MSM and their patrons in PHARMA and BigTobacco started their campaign a long time ago.

http://myvapestory.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html
    https://www.facebook.com/MyVapeStory

2. DeadbeatJeff

Mar 6, 2014
    Rochester, NY
  3. DeadbeatJeff

Mar 6, 2014
    Rochester, NY
  4. Coelli

Coelli Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA
    Have you checked out IMPROOF?

5. DeadbeatJeff

Mar 6, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    Now I have. I'd like to do something like that, but with video on Youtube and Vimeo, with an associated FB and blog.

Less "snapshot and a 1 sentence statement" and more of a personal experience, with much more content.

I think it needs to be done. Apparently pretty much no one is into it though. Maybe in a few months, having abstained from buying a few mods, I'll get some loot together and buy a GoPro and take to the streets.

6. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    The We Are Vapers project had a similar goal...
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/we-are-vapers

I'd still love to see that come to fruition, but it's starting to look dead in the water.

I think you have a great idea, as I was a little disappointed that #IMPROOF doesn't seem to be doing videos.
    I'd like to see you, or anyone for that matter, get a real project like this going for real.

7. DeadbeatJeff

Mar 6, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    woah

they were able to raise $21k? They better do something with that.

I was planning on using 1000% free services, but... with that kinda capital you could really get a lot done. Especially given that it's now completely clear that having people submit videos is just not gonna fly

8. DeadbeatJeff

Mar 6, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    They raised that YEARS ago and their website isn't even up?|

FFS

I may look into getting 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, and going that route myself. never really considered it, but with actual capital we could really stage a legit campaign, get a few people out there with cameras.... we could do a lot, actually. Giveaways, rallies, add-space, professional design.

Having produced my novel from the ground-up all the way, I just got so used to doing everything myself with no resources that the idea of raising loot publicly never really crossed my mind.

9. DC2

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    This is the last update from January 25th of this year...

10. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Isn't Dimitris Agrafiotis part of this project and he is pretty high profile on the vaping scene. Has anyone asked him if the project will ever be completed? (I don't know him, so I haven't) I donated to it about 2-3 years ago. Frustrating

Note: I just sent him a message on his Facebook page. See if I get a response.

11. DC2

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Linc Williams, the AEMSA guy.

12. DeadbeatJeff

Mar 6, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    OIC. It's gonna be a legit documentary/movie. That is important too, as it will reach different audiences and could do very well on Netflix etc.

I think one of the advantages of what I have in mind is that it is a more organic (best word I could think of) approach that would grow incrementally as opposed to a massive single project.

13. DeadbeatJeff

Mar 6, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    Of course I am decidedly NOT influential in the vape scene, and have pretty much no industry connections.

I suppose we'll see.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.