The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help savoring the flavor

Discussion in 'VaporBomb' started by CtryBoy, Aug 1, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. CtryBoy

CtryBoy Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 24, 2010
    Texas
    To fully enjoy your e liq would you recommend
    3.7 V with 1.7 ohm 510 Cartomizer (i.e. is this too much for good juice)
    or
    3.7V with standard 510 cartomizer (Easier on the juice but still close to 5V w/2.8 ohm cartomizer)

Hate to destroy good juice trying to chase the 5V dragon.:D

2. tranced

tranced Super Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2010
    Grand Blanc, Michigan
    Probably not going to get a definitive answer on this one. Yesterday I saw one of the flavor creators vaping an ego with a low resistance carto while the other was dripping with a standard attie. I vape all of my vapor bomb juice at 5v either with a passthrough and a usb power pack or a plain jane 5v box mod - both with cartos (atties hate me). I know two other people I saw yesterday swear by vapor bomb with 5 volt like me and another guy that said it tasted fabulous to him at 3.7v with a regular carto and at 5v it was flavorful, but warm.

3. CtryBoy

Jul 24, 2010
    Texas
    A possible answer

Looks like 8-9watts is supposed to be the sweet spot. 5V hits it easily, and 1.7 looks right for my battery. Man this stuff gets confusing quick.

4. ejoker

ejoker Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2010
    here's the calc for ya:

volts/ohms * volts = watts

5. The Wiz

The Wiz ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Tranced....I don't know if I was one of them?...but as I work my way through this assortment of VB juice I am getting great flavor(and TH)at 5v. The menthols taste and hit great....I even tried the Blueberry(and I usually don't),Fantastic vape....and flavor that is out of this world! 5v with carto's is working fine for me with VB liquids!

:)The Wiz!

6. simplyrock

simplyrock Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2010
    Michigan
    i prefer 5v with VB juices... some juices do taste burnt at 5v but none of the VB juice ive tried taste burnt at all...

7. The Wiz

The Wiz ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2009
    Whiskeyville USA
    Oh Man!! Just tried the Cinnabomb.....Good Lord this is good juice! TH is incredible!! If it was'nt for my love of menthol I could make this my all-day vape! I am going to try the Green Apple later today.....If it vapes as good as it smells I will have found another winner!!

:)The Wiz!

8. CtryBoy

Jul 24, 2010
    Texas
    Thanks for the formula.

I knew my numbers were off, but wasnt sure why. Been using posted charts as a reference. Lets see 5v/3.2ohm*5v=7.8 close to the sweet spot.

Now lets see if my algebra still works. 3.7v/7.8watts*3.7v=1.7ohms

So to match my 5v PT i've got to snag a 1.7 ohm cartomizer and hope the C on my battery can handle it. Worst case scenario I have to get an IMR 18500 instead of the ICR 18500 1600 mAh I've already got. Back to the battery library as soon as I place my order. ;) Study hard and you to could become a PV master.

The technical information around here is wonderful. I just needed someone to tell me the sweet spot was 8-9 watts and I could have no fear of torching my juice with that souped up mod of mine. :D

9. muttSRT

muttSRT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I use 6v for all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.