The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

HELP!! Sign this petition to raise awareness of ecig bans!!

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Petitions Forum' started by kristin, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Klynne

Klynne Full Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Kentucky
    Signed and confirmed.

2. kristin

kristin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 16, 2009
    CASAA - Wisconsin
    Well, considering U.S. policies often have a way of influencing other countries - I think just about EVERYONE has a right to petition!

It'd be nice. I do know of other forums that send alerts about ecig bans and campaigns out to their members. Some would call that spam, but I would call it duty! ;)

It'd be nice to get even a global announcement for when people log in and a sticky, though! I'm not sure how many announcements they can have have posted - there's two important ones up there now for New York and the surveys.

3. Locutus666

Locutus666 Full Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Republic of Texas
    Come on people! Only 122 signatures? That is pathetic!!!

4. Klynne

Klynne Full Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Kentucky
    I don't have enough posts. Would someone please post this link in the new members forum, and explain that they have to get involved.

5. ezmoose

ezmoose Guest

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
  6. ezmoose

ezmoose Guest

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    Hey, it only posted part of my comments; the first half or so?

Oh well, I was probably over-elaborating anyway! lol

7. MsSki

MsSki Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2010
    Fort Rucker Alabama
    I have signed it done what needs to be done passed it on to everyone on facebook and in my email account.
    Tara

8. keon718nyc

keon718nyc Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Signed and passed on via Email to as many others PV'ers that can sign~

9. Thyestean

Thyestean Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2009
    Upstate NY
  10. JerryRM

JerryRM ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2009
    Rhode Island
  11. me who

me who Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    East Coast, Maryland
    Signed as well...

12. Devilooman

Devilooman Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2010
    Indian Trail, NC
    Things that go BUMP in the night! :evil:

13. Locutus666

Locutus666 Full Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Republic of Texas
    Kristin,
    I have posted the petition on the Facebook pages of Senators Kay Bailey Hutchinson and John Cornyn and Congressman Ralph Hall, my representatives from Texas. I urge each and every member of this forum to do the same. We can't let the misinformation being spread by these organizations result in gullible legislators passing laws that take away our right to vape.:nah:

14. v1John

v1John Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    va
    Kristin, how are you and everyone printing the petition?
    I wish the petition had a button that said 'print the printer friendly version',
    or do we get the actual petition letter by email?

And out of curiosity, does anyone know exactly how each of Obama, Biden, and Eric Holder feel about electronic cigarettes? People in NY could be about to suffer senselessly if ecigs start getting banned. This is so not funny.

15. JerryRM

Nov 10, 2009
    Rhode Island
    v1John, you need the Adobe Reader to save and print the petition. You can get it here (it's free). Adobe - Adobe Reader download - All versions

...and, while I'm at it, BUMP !

16. v1John

v1John Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    va
    Thanks, JerryRM, this is now a stickied thread in the general discussion subforum.

What happened to the main ECF live ticker banner at the top? We need it for this petition, sometimes I go directly to other subforums, which is another reason why I missed this thread yesterday.

17. rothenbj

rothenbj Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    e

Signed it and linked to facebook, but I'm not seeing myself in the petitioners. Is there a lag, I think I did it yesterday.

18. Dillinger

Dillinger Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Mountain View, CA
  19. JerryRM

Nov 10, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Dillinger, that's a good one !!!

v1John, they were having problems with the live banner, so they pulled it, until they get the problem fixed.
    Now a sticky! that's good news.

20. ezmoose

ezmoose Guest

Dec 18, 2009
    USA
    I tried three times with another email account I have first. All three times, I did not receive a confirmation email. I did notice a one-liner on the webpage itself each time that said my email address had been confirmed (paraphrased); however, my signature and comments never appeared.

Only after I tried a fourth time, using a different email address of mine, did I get the confirmation email. Then, voila, my signature and comments were posted! I suppose it didn't like my other email address for whatever reason? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.