HELP!! Sign this petition to raise awareness of ecig bans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Kristin,
I have posted the petition on the Facebook pages of Senators Kay Bailey Hutchinson and John Cornyn and Congressman Ralph Hall, my representatives from Texas. I urge each and every member of this forum to do the same. We can't let the misinformation being spread by these organizations result in gullible legislators passing laws that take away our right to vape.:nah:

What a great idea!!

Only 147 signatures??? Guys, you need to spread the word on other forums PLEASE!!!

Kristin, how are you and everyone printing the petition?
I wish the petition had a button that said 'print the printer friendly version',
or do we get the actual petition letter by email?

At the end of the petition, just before the addresses it says:

"Vapers Coalition* strongly recommends that concerned citizens also Download and Print(PDF) a copy of this Petition (or write their own letter), sign it and mail it to the organizations below. "

Click the "Download and Print" link.

e

Signed it and linked to facebook, but I'm not seeing myself in the petitioners. Is there a lag, I think I did it yesterday.

Did you get the confirmation email and click the link in it?

I tried three times with another email account I have first. All three times, I did not receive a confirmation email. I did notice a one-liner on the webpage itself each time that said my email address had been confirmed (paraphrased); however, my signature and comments never appeared.

Only after I tried a fourth time, using a different email address of mine, did I get the confirmation email. Then, voila, my signature and comments were posted! I suppose it didn't like my other email address for whatever reason? :confused:
That's really weird. Did you check your spam folder? Was the first account AOL?

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Kristin, have you thought about sending a copy of this out to all the major news outlets as well? It is so well thought out and written, just might get somebody's attention.
Yes, but it'll be more "newsworthy" once there are a significant number of petitioners.

The "news" won't care about an ecig "fringe" group of less than 200 people. :(

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
Come on People---Please pony up and get some signatures going here. Many people have been busting their rears here in this endeavor to abrogate a possible ban on e-cigs for quite a long time now day after day and we do not ask too much.

Less then 200 people signing when we usually have over 500 people on this Forum at any given time is just not making the grade.

Your help would be greatfully appreciated.

Sun

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
True, which begs the question; where's our sticky??? :confused:

Where's the sticky?

Where's the notice at the top of the forum?

WHERE'S THE DAMN COFFEE!?

Those are my questions, without those three things, our goals will be a lot harder to accomplish...

...Decaf coffee should also be available for members who don't like being twitchy
Jiff, you crack me up!

Actually, we are stickied at the top of this forum - it would be nice to get the notice popup when people log in, though! :D

aldreis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Rio de Janeiro
aldreis.org
Although I'm not American and don't live in the US (I hope that's okay ?

Oh, I think it’s more than okay — it’s eagerly needed. :)

Monday morning I will be sending the 10 letters via international mail, to deliberately emphasize that these are positions that can and will affect countless lives around the world.

Mister

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Nanaimo BC Canada
It isn't clear to me when the group of organizations this petition is aimed at, AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS, AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY CANCER ACTION NETWORK, AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION, AMERICAN LEGACY FOUNDATION, AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION, AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, CAMPAIGN FOR TOBACCO-FREE KIDS, AND PUBLIC CITIZEN, intend to file their amicus curiae brief supporting the FDA.

I think, from their statement that the appellant (FDA) will be sharing their brief with this group a week before filing date, that they probably intend to file by May 24th, the schedule for the appelant's brief. Filing later than that might appear to be interfering with the schedule.

This petition's closing date is currently set at 2010/9/1.

But it could have greater impact if it were received by the members of this group before they file their brief. At any time before they file it would be easier for one or more of these parties to pull out of their alliance than after they've filed.

If there's any way we can get the number of signatures high enough (a thousand? two thousand?) to justify sending it to these organizations well before May 24th that would be a wonderful thing. Perhaps that is shooting for too much but come on everyone, let's try for it!

In any case, sending letters NOW would be a very good thing. These will be received early enough that they may cause one or more of these organizations to think again.

MechTechVpr

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
South PA
Here are the addresses properly formatted to be mailed. Hopefully this will save people some time. The addresses on the petition are not the same way that one would write them on an envelope. Just copy and paste to your work processor program and print.

When snail-mailing, don't forget to sign!
Thank you ....very helpful

Signed, confirmed, writing an personal letter to include and mailing ASAP

Thank you Kristin For all your efforts to help protect our right to Vape...You are amazing !!

Also sending a letter to my congressman/senators telling them I will not vote for them again unless they support my right to Vape ...with links to this and other information

Dillinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Mountain View, CA
I have a suggestion. Might it help spread the word allover this forum if anyone who reads this thread adds a link to this thread in their signature? ;)

That way everywhere you post and everywhere you have posted, someone will see it.

EDIT:: Also, you don't have to change your whole signature, just add a line in re-directing people so they can see this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread