HELP!! Sign this petition to raise awareness of ecig bans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
bump.jpg

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
DC2, AOL sometimes just blocks things for the heck of it and the user never even knows it - I would have been willing to bet $100 you had AOL because of your issue.
Well, I'll be danged, I guess you were right.
I used another email account and got my confirmation right away.

Signed by both myself and my wife!

I'm planning on waiting until there is more signatures before mailing.
What are your thoughts on that?

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
It isn't clear to me when the group of organizations this petition is aimed at, AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS, AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY CANCER ACTION NETWORK, AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION, AMERICAN LEGACY FOUNDATION, AMERICAN LUNG ASSOCIATION, AMERICAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION, CAMPAIGN FOR tobacco-FREE KIDS, AND PUBLIC CITIZEN, intend to file their amicus curiae brief supporting the FDA.

I think, from their statement that the appellant (FDA) will be sharing their brief with this group a week before filing date, that they probably intend to file by May 24th, the schedule for the appelant's brief. Filing later than that might appear to be interfering with the schedule.

This petition's closing date is currently set at 2010/9/1.

But it could have greater impact if it were received by the members of this group before they file their brief. At any time before they file it would be easier for one or more of these parties to pull out of their alliance than after they've filed.

If there's any way we can get the number of signatures high enough (a thousand? two thousand?) to justify sending it to these organizations well before May 24th that would be a wonderful thing. Perhaps that is shooting for too much but come on everyone, let's try for it!

In any case, sending letters NOW would be a very good thing. These will be received early enough that they may cause one or more of these organizations to think again.
The September date was set because the case is scheduled to be heard sometime in September (can't remember the exact date) and the brief is pretty much all but filed. But the intent is really to get them to back off the state legislations and to make our plight more public.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
The verification email comes from ...@petitions.net . In my case, it didn't go directly to the inbox, but I found it with no problem, and marked it as safe, whereupon it was moved to my inbox, and immediately clicked the link for verification. In the near future, I will be printing and mailing the physical letters.

Please get friends, relatives, neighbors, etc. who agree with your signing to also sign it themselves if possible. (I, myself, should have written in the comments box that I have quite a few friends that very much agree. So in essence, my signature, until I can get others I know of, to access the web and the petition-- is representative of more than just myself), though I realize that everyone's signature is extremely important. I will also be trying to get others to sign it in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread