Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Hi all..I just got 100 ml of Boba's Bounty and 30 ml Irish Cream from Alien Visions, both with 12 mg nic. Wasn't impressed with either upon vaping them out of the envelop. I read on the forum that BB are better with steeping. My questions are:

1. What is the best way to steep BB?
2. Does Irish Cream need steeping too? If so then what's the best way to do it?

FYI I used kayfun 3.1 with a 2 ohm resistance coil and a cotton wick @ 10.5 watts on my Semovar and 4.2 volts on my provari

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I put mine in a dark cool pantry with top on. Normally in 5 to 7 days and it's ready. Add the shipping days and your looking at about 10 days total.

thanks...I am doing the same but I filled 3 10 ml bottles and stashed them (uncapped) in my drawer...and does this ashtrayish taste vanish from BB afterwards?

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
This is my first try with BB..unfortunately all I have are kayfuns and aerotanks..not into dripping and don't have a REO..will it wick better with cotton or silica? I use cotton mainly and it didn't case a problem with BB..but was wondering if silica would give a better taste.

FYI
I love BB (about 800ml a year)
I love my R91%. (Bought two)

I hate BB in the R91%.

BB goes in the REO or an Imeo device.

Good luck
Have fun

BTW... Did AVE ship to Egypt?

I

tencars

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Tennessee, USA
Speaking personally I never store my juice open. Never know what can be absorbed by the juice that could change taste. Do i really know whats in the surronding air? My home is very clean but ya never know. :) In my kayfun I use cotton and run it at 1.6 to 1.5 ohms for best flavor for me with BB juice. Dont use to much cotton may get dry hints. I don't like the taste silica gives off. Best of luck!

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
When I first bought Boba's Bounty I didn't care for it either. Something happened though, don't know what, but it's one of my favorite vapes now. I don't really intentionally steep it at all. The only steeping for me occurs is the time it takes me to finish a 30ml bottle. I've read a lot of reviews of it and it didn't impress some others at first either, but they also experienced a change as well. This sometimes, seemingly occurs during the first hours of vaping it.

One thing I find is there is a different profile according to how I vape it. When I simply inhale holding the vapor only in my mouth, exhaling by mouth gives me one flavor note. Then, if I do the same, only this time exhaling through my nose I get a very different flavor profile. Inhaling deep into my lungs, and doing both mentioned above gives a whole other experience.

It's weird. I'm rather new at this, so I may not be explaining all this technically correct.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
This is my first try with BB..unfortunately all I have are kayfuns and aerotanks..not into dripping and don't have a REO..will it wick better with cotton or silica? I use cotton mainly and it didn't case a problem with BB..but was wondering if silica would give a better taste.

I like cotton in everything, I can taste most silica and don't get me started on ekowool. I don't have an aerotank, but BB taste pretty good in an aspire Ce-4 style. (maybe just a bit flat flavour wise.)
The base of BB is a tobacco absolute so the stronger the nic concentration, I find, the stronger the "cigar" flavour. I don't get any "ash" notes from BB, but we all taste things differently.

Cheers
I

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
A lot of what happens with juices like Boba's depends on what you're vaping it in. It's got a lot of complex notes that can be lost in most clearomizers.

I personally use it exclusively in my Squape. The airier draw seems to make some notes more intense to me, like the tobacco, while mellowing out the honey/raisin flavor I get from it in a Kayfun. Plus it's a LOT easier to rewick a Squape. And trust me, after vaping Boba's for a while, you'll realize that the easier to rewick your atomizer, the better. ;)

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
Hi all..I just got 100 ml of Boba's Bounty and 30 ml Irish Cream from Alien Visions, both with 12 mg nic. Wasn't impressed with either upon vaping them out of the envelop. I read on the forum that BB are better with steeping. My questions are:

1. What is the best way to steep BB?
2. Does Irish Cream need steeping too? If so then what's the best way to do it?

FYI I used kayfun 3.1 with a 2 ohm resistance coil and a cotton wick @ 10.5 watts on my Semovar and 4.2 volts on my provari

Greetings Tamer El-Meehy!

Our e-juices come ready to vape so you do not need to steep them. There are people who still prefer to let them steep because they say it brings out the flavors more. I have heard of many different ways that people steep the e-juices so hopefully you found a method that works for you. Please let me know if you have any questions :)

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Greetings Tamer El-Meehy!

Our e-juices come ready to vape so you do not need to steep them. There are people who still prefer to let them steep because they say it brings out the flavors more. I have heard of many different ways that people steep the e-juices so hopefully you found a method that works for you. Please let me know if you have any questions :)

Actually I steeped them in smaller bottles for about 5 days and the result was outstanding...as far as I am concerned at least. The flavor is more rounded and you feel that the individual flavors have mixed together better. This was my first experience with Boba's and now I can't seem to get enough of it..and judging by my rate of consuming this thing I'll be placing another order for two 100 ml bottles in no time.

The only other thing I can think of is the learning curve I had to go through to vape it on my kayfun with organic cotton. Took some trial and error till I realized that Boba' prefers the KFL to the 3.1 with minimal cotton and tightly wound coils :)))

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
Actually I steeped them in smaller bottles for about 5 days and the result was outstanding...as far as I am concerned at least. The flavor is more rounded and you feel that the individual flavors have mixed together better. This was my first experience with Boba's and now I can't seem to get enough of it..and judging by my rate of consuming this thing I'll be placing another order for two 100 ml bottles in no time.

The only other thing I can think of is the learning curve I had to go through to vape it on my kayfun with organic cotton. Took some trial and error till I realized that Boba' prefers the KFL to the 3.1 with minimal cotton and tightly wound coils :)))

That's great! I'm glad to hear you found a method that works good for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread