Help Super Glue On Reo Door

Status
Not open for further replies.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
Can anyone tell me if there is something I can use to get super glue off of my Reo Grand door without ruining the finish? I was replacing a magnet (carefully I thought) and must have had a little glue on my finger and got some on the glitter front side of my Reo door. There is not a lot on there but you can see a couple of duller spots on my beautiful red glitter door. I am afraid to use anything that would ruin the finish on it.....Could use some help please????

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
Time is the only thing I can think of. It wil eventually rub off. Acetone is the only super glue (cyanoacrylate) solvent I know of. And it will harm your finish. You could try applying a little to an unseen part of your Reo (inside of the body, back side of the door) to see how it effects the quality of the finish. I would not expect positive results. Rinse it quickly.

If it was me I would contact Rob via pm or through his website before I did anything. He may have a matching door in stock, or some better solution.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Just get some nail polish remover and apply it to a paper towel. Apply it to the glue spot then rub it with a dry paper towel. Acetone is in nail polish remover and shouldn't harm a Metal Reo.

Do NOT do this! It will harm your powder coating!

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Ok I have done some testing on some of the powder coated mods . You can use acetone if your careful . Put some acetone one a rag you dont want it soaked but damp wipe the whole door lightly just enough to remove the glue let it dry . Now you can rub- buff the door with a cotton cloth . The glue will be gone and you wont damage the finish . I have used the process to remove light scratches as well . The key is to not leave the acetone on the paint for long. This is a use at your own risk procedure but I have done it many times with success

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
Ok I have done some testing on some of the powder coated mods . You can use acetone if your careful . Put some acetone one a rag you dont want it soaked but damp wipe the whole door lightly just enough to remove the glue let it dry . Now you can rub- buff the door with a cotton cloth . The glue will be gone and you wont damage the finish . I have used the process to remove light scratches as well . The key is to not leave the acetone on the paint for long. This is a use at your own risk procedure but I have done it many times with success

SHOW OFF!

(Stupid 10 character rule.)

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
Most of you are easy on me but there are some that like to mess with me :)

Hey Rob, I have a chunk of mammoth tusk and some amber with mosquitos in it. Would you make a Grand out of it for me? I'd like the button to be the amber. And I need it glittery and powered by a 12 volt deep cycle battery. Thanks. PP payment in progress...

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Hey Rob, I have a chunk of mammoth tusk and some amber with mosquitos in it. Would you make a Grand out of it for me? I'd like the button to be the amber. And I need it glittery and powered by a 12 volt deep cycle battery. Thanks. PP payment in progress...
I will have to get back to you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread