Help this Vapbaby!! Thinking Halo Triton, but heck if I know? Also, dripping in Triton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapBaby

Aug 20, 2013
St. Louis
Yep, have not even started vaping yet and already addicted lol!

I know what I would like, but don't know what to get! I would like small, but not a stick/pencil. I want colors, I would like an atomizer that's not so huge. Of coarse the usual throat hit, vapor, dependability, no leaks, etc. I am not concerned with saving a buck.

I am very close to getting the Halo Triton, but wish the clearomizer was just a tad smaller (1.6-2) <--nit picking. I love the colors, strong battery and good company behind it. I worry that when I get more involved and start to play around that I will hit road blocks as the Triton doesn't play nice with others?!! However, maybe Halo will keep bringing me toys to play with :ohmy: like a smaller VV Twist, different tanks and some colored tips!!

Okay...I don't want to be a total beginner with set up...Soooo, what do you suggest? Halo Triton a go or something else? Oh, by the way am a smoker for long a** time of pack+ a day.

Lastly, I want to test (Drip) all kinds of flavors and don't know how to do this with a Triton? If I get the Triton, I am also gonna get the G6 for the heck of it. What should I get to drip?

Thanks soooo much!!!

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
To be honest, the Triton tank is a great piece of equipment (I have 6), but those last 0.8 mL are a bit of a stretch for this top coil design.

The good news is that it now meets your needs (1.6-2.0) perfectly! :D

I'm adding glass beads inside mine, so I can tell them apart, since that last bit isn't useful anyways.

For trying different flavors, you've got a few choices. I use cartomizers (G6 cartridges). The G6 tank could be cleaned and re-used, but it was designed as a disposable unit. The Triton tank is easily taken apart for cleaning, so you could definitely try lots of different juices that way.

it's possible to clean cartomizers, but I like the adventure of trying a new flavor on top of the previous one. :D

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Hello. For a smaller tank, you can use the G6 mini-tanks and cartos/LR cartos with the Triton Tanks. Which means, you could use blank G6 cartos for dripping by pulling out the wadding.

You could also use 808 atomizers. However, it is advised to use drip shields to prevent battery damage.

The Tritons are an exceptional set-up. I've been using mine for 4 months without issue, and they are as good today as they were when I first bought them.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Last edited:

VapBaby

Aug 20, 2013
St. Louis
Ocelot, seriously I can not even tell you how long I have looked and looked for info like you just linked me! Thanks!!!! So, I keep hearing about these 510's for dripping. Can I just take a cartomizer rom G6 and put on my Triton, pull out stuffing and drip down? Damn, I don't even k now what to drip on haha. Funny how I am lost, but still want the best when starting!!

Last edited:

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
The G6 cartos and mini tank work on the Triton.

As for dripping... No Halo unit was meant for it. I've never tried dripping with a carto, but you could try dropping one or two drops down the center tube (Halo advises against this), and see if it works. Worst case, you'll end up cleaning your battery terminal :p (wipe it dry with the corner of a napkin).

I just load up a G6 carto, normally, and pile new flavors on top. They can be cleaned though.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
just for the record

dripping is just that a few drips into a cart/tank, a few puffs, then drip some more fluid in tank, a few puffs...

then cartomizers small 510 threaded full of foam then filled with fluid, puff for awhile...

then TANKS (clearomizers) fill the tank with liquid, screw it on an eGo battery (ego threads) and vape for hours...

is that how your picturing it...?

(a bit simplified, but the big picture)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Ocelot, seriously I can not even tell you how long I have looked and looked for info like you just linked me! Thanks!!!! So, I keep hearing about these 510's for dripping. Can I just take a cartomizer rom G6 and put on my Triton, pull out stuffing and drip down? Damn, I don't even k now what to drip on haha. Funny how I am lost, but still want the best when starting!!

Probably not. I guess you could try, but cartomizer coils are usually vertical and you might pull it out trying to remove the filler.

singlecoilsml.jpg

Plain 510 attys aren't very expensive and last a long time. You can probably find them for less than this, but Vapor Beast has free shipping: http://www.vaporbeast.com/Boge-510-Atomizer-Black-p/62-0137-000.htm

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
just for the record

dripping is just that a few drips into a cart/tank, a few puffs, then drip some more fluid in tank, a few puffs...

then cartomizers small 510 threaded full of foam then filled with fluid, puff for awhile...

then TANKS (clearomizers) fill the tank with liquid, screw it on an eGo battery (ego threads) and vape for hours...

is that how your picturing it...?

(a bit simplified, but the big picture)

She's talking about what she read on my blog:
Drip, Drip, Drip…

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
Do some research on how long standard ego batteries take to charge and how long they last and you will end up with a Halo Triton kit. Often there is a reason why certain products are less expensive than others. If I had chosen to go with a generic value kit, I'd still be smoking today.

Spot on, mate!

Halo Triton batteries are not regulated, meaning that there's no extra circuit bit, chewing battery power, trying to keep your vaping experience, rock steady. Triton batteries charge up to 4.2 volts, and will drop to 3.7 volts before they let you know (blink) that it's time to recharge. By the time the vapor gets cold (to me), the light comes on.

The charger completely takes care of my 900 mAh battery in 60-90 minutes, off of *any* USB port (whether it's my PC, laptop, laptop power adapter, wall charger, car, etc).

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Do some research on how long standard ego batteries take to charge and how long they last and you will end up with a Halo Triton kit. Often there is a reason why certain products are less expensive than others. If I had chosen to go with a generic value kit, I'd still be smoking today.

How is a Halo Triton different from other eGos?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I thought the coil was at the bottom?

Either way, an eGo wouldn't be a bad choice either. The Triton tank is a Kanger T2.

That's a cut-a-way of a regular cartomizer. The coil is vertical, coming up from the base. It's wrapped in a heat ......ant "sock," that has batting/polyfill wrapped around it. The batting is saturated with liquid which turn to vapor from the coil. There are cartos that have horizontal coils, but that is special kind. There is also a CE2 style of carto that has string wicks.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread