Help understanding a Passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Just received my Titan 510 and I also purchased a passthrough for it.

The passthrough has the end piece That looks like a battery with a wire coming out that I can screw on an atomizer (with e-juice in it) and then it has a small amount of cord with a black elongated box that has a place for a battery and then another small amount of cord with a USB gadget on the end of it.

I know to plug the USB into a USB port (DUH ;), and of course put the battery into the little box and screw on the atomizer after I put the ejuice on it, but I'm a little confused.

I had thought the Passthrough was powered by the computer, so why the battery for that little black box? This really confuses me.

I got the Titan and the passthrough from Totally Wicked.

Thanks for any help at all.

gnsmith

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Springfield, Ohio
Just received my Titan 510 and I also purchased a passthrough for it.

The passthrough has the end piece That looks like a battery with a wire coming out that I can screw on an atomizer (with e-juice in it) and then it has a small amount of cord with a black elongated box that has a place for a battery and then another small amount of cord with a USB gadget on the end of it.

I know to plug the USB into a USB port (DUH ;), and of course put the battery into the little box and screw on the atomizer after I put the ejuice on it, but I'm a little confused.

I had thought the Passthrough was powered by the computer, so why the battery for that little black box? This really confuses me.

I got the Titan and the passthrough from Totally Wicked.

Thanks for any help at all.

Your passthrough has a backup battery or what is called a in-line battery, when you're plugged into a USB port, the USB port is supplying power to your atty (atomizer) and charging your backup battery. if you unplug from the USB port, backup battery will supply your power.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Sharon, I don't have the pass-through with the battery so I can't help you with that. But you may want to consider to get better performance out of your pass through to get a USB wall outlet adapter instead of plugging your pass thourgh into your computer.

You will want one that is 5V-1A. Here is the one I bought:

Amazon.com: Coby CA81 Dual USB Power Adapter/Charger (White): Everything Else

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009

I have a similar pass-through with an in-line battery that came with my Kissbox Extended kit. Technically, the pass-through is not a true pass-through. Your atomizer is being powered by the in-line battery, not the power from the USB port.

The USB is only charging or maintaining the charge in the battery. Instead of getting up to 5v/1A of power from your USB port, you are only getting whatever voltage is being supplied by the battery - probably 3.7v-4.2v. which is about the same voltage as a regular screw in battery. You will also note that the pass-through does not work without the battery installed. That is why it is not a true passthrough.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I have a similar pass-through with an in-line battery that came with my Kissbox Extended kit. Technically, the pass-through is not a true pass-through. Your atomizer is being powered by the in-line battery, not the power from the USB port.

The USB is only charging or maintaining the charge in the battery. Instead of getting up to 5v/1A of power from your USB port, you are only getting whatever voltage is being supplied by the battery - probably 3.7v-4.2v. which is about the same voltage as a regular screw in battery. You will also note that the pass-through does not work without the battery installed. That is why it is not a true passthrough.

Thank you, I understand now. It's hard to believe there's so much one can learn about these things if one wants too. Why keep it simple when you can make it a hobby? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread