Status
Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
On 8-8-16 the FDA has deemed vape products to be tobacco products. At this point we don't know how bad things will get but no new products allowed on market 8-8-16. Vendors may have to get tobacco seller licenses in their state, the states may tax vape products, vendors have to tell FDA what they have for inventory and any products we use today have to go thru an approval process thru FDA at the tune of at least $300,000 per item, meaning every bottle of juice, every mod, every tank, etc etc. It could get ugly. The grandfather date for vape products allowed is Feb 2007, virtually nothing was available back then.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I think there doing this because the government is losing tax money from cigarettes, I don't know if I should just get a mech and stock up juice this point, will the big wigs like sigelei and such still be on the market if they do go through all this bull....?
The vendors have 2 years to stay in biz but they have to jump thru alot of hoops and depending on what your state does on vaping tax, things could get more expensive. If you want to save $'s stock up now, the basics are Nic base, mods- regulated and mech's, rebuild able tanks or drippers. The thought is only closed systems for the future as FDA has the power to approve or decline anything on the market in the future. DIY maybe the only way to use open systems. But no one knows what will happen exactly as of 8-8-16. Many of us are stocking up :)

Reactions: Eskie

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I'm afraid that people will go through the trouble of applying for these things and spend 1mil only to be declined and shoved away): I don't even know if I should get back into vaping at this point
Well that is right, we have no idea how many vendors even intend to spend the application fees let alone what will be approved. If you want to vape, my advice is stock up now.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I'm afraid that people will go through the trouble of applying for these things and spend 1mil only to be declined and shoved away): I don't even know if I should get back into vaping at this point
Man, don't let the FDA and BT beat you- that's what they are trying to do, get us back to smoking or buying BT's pitiful little gear. Do a little stocking up to see you through these times. It's worth it if it keeps you off the smokes. Things could change, like injunctions and mitigating bills. There are lawsuits as well. No one knows what's going to happen, but some of us feel better being Captains of our own fate and making sure we'll have what we need.

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Another important thing here is it will only effect the USA.These large manufacturers will still be supplying the rest of the world.i think mods and tanks will be still readily available either online or just buy when out of the USA.It might get a little more difficult but there are easy ways around it.My biggest concern is Nicotine,stop that supply or tax it heavily and vaping is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread