Help! Wire won't stay under the screws

Status
Not open for further replies.

chandco

Verified Member
May 8, 2017
So, like the title said, first build and I can't get the wire to stay under the screws on the posts. I really don't know what I'm getting wrong. I've tried pulling it around the screw like a au or a v shape with the wire, letting it be a little looser (falls out), tightening it more (pops out). Figured it might be the wire size, so tried going from 24 to 26g. What am I doing wrong?

If it's useful I'm on a 528 Custom (kayfun) Monster v2. The screws seem really small, but there's got to be some way to build it.

Reactions: Foggy Road

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
That's the trouble with screws. Wrap it around in the direction the screw turns and the screw wants to pull it and deform your coil. Wrap around the other way and the screw wants to spit it out.

The screw CAN be conquered but it takes patience, perseverance, ingenuity and nerves of steel!

Reactions: ChelsB

chandco

Verified Member
May 8, 2017
Does it work to form a full loop all the way around the screw? That's the only thing I've been able to make work, but I don't want to finish it if there's something wrong with doing it that way.

I can't tell for sure if that's what you're saying whiteowl. If it's not, then I think I tried that, too.

chandco

Verified Member
May 8, 2017
IMG_0460.JPG
If it helps, Here's a picture of the deck. It's a clone of the 528 customs Monster v2, which is basically an adapted kayfun clone. I'm using SS 316L, 24 or 26 gauge.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So, like the title said, first build and I can't get the wire to stay under the screws on the posts. I really don't know what I'm getting wrong. I've tried pulling it around the screw like a au or a v shape with the wire, letting it be a little looser (falls out), tightening it more (pops out). Figured it might be the wire size, so tried going from 24 to 26g. What am I doing wrong?

If it's useful I'm on a 528 Custom (kayfun) Monster v2. The screws seem really small, but there's got to be some way to build it.

If the Underside of the Screw Head is not Flat and Perpendicular to the thread axis, it can be a :censored: to trap a wire sometimes. Because as you Tighten the screw, it just pushes the wire Away from the screw.

Not sure this is what is Happening. But I got an RDA one time and that was the case. Replaced the Screws and the Problem Disappeared.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

chandco

Verified Member
May 8, 2017
And I don't have pictures of it looking all pretty* and built, but I'll make sure to take some next time, which may be quite soon, as I think my wicking wasn't done well enough.

*not actually pretty, it was pretty sad. But functional, and the wire heated up center first and the coils were evenly spaced, so I figured it was safe, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread