Help with 306 atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
I just got a 306 lr atty to try out. Am so excite until i tried the screw in the atty.
It doesn't screw in completely and I don't want to keep going with the fear of cross-threading the atomizer interface.

Any advice you can give? I'm dying to try out a 306 :blush:

Thanks!

p.s. Oh yeah, I tried the same 306 on a 510 adapter and it screws in fine

Last edited:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I just got a 306 lr atty to try out. Am so excite until i tried the screw in the atty.
It doesn't screw in completely and I don't want to keep going with the fear of cross-threading the atomizer interface.

Any advice you can give? I'm dying to try out a 306 :blush:

Thanks!

p.s. Oh yeah, I tried the same 306 on a 510 adapter and it screws in fine

So it screws into your 510 adapter fine, and your 510 attys screw into your atomizer interface just fine also?

Hey Francis, you should be fine. The only thing to be careful with when threading things together is to make sure you don't cross-thread them. i.e. just make sure they line up while you are threading them in.

Some things to note:

1- 306 type atomizers require that you remove the RES assembly to expose the atomizer interface. This is because the 306's are so short, they don't extend beyond the RES.

2- Different atomizers have different dimensions. You may be experiencing this now if the 306 is a little longer than the 510's you've been using. The only thing that the atomizer will push against is the contact pellet on the end of the switch assembly.

3- The switch assembly "floats". I designed the Apex Alpha switch assembly so that it will self-adjust to different atomizer and battery configurations. If your new 306 is longer than your old 510 you may just need to keep threading it in to push the switch assembly down farther. This is fine as long as it doesn't require too much force to keep threading in the the 306 (indicating that it may be cross-threaded).

Hope this helps!

Nate

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Yes Tony that's correct. Am bummed why it wouldn't go all the way in

All I can say is read what N8T said above and see if that helps. The only other thing I can think of is to wipe out the threads really well and see if there was possibly something in them that was keeping it from screwing all the way in.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
Thanks Tony & N8T.

In addition to the adapter, I also directly used the same 306 on my other mod and it works fine

After reading your suggestion, I took out the switch assembly (to eliminate the pellet as a possible caus) but the 306 won't screw in all the way still. there's about 1 millimeter or a little less of gap left. Not sure how much exactly but I'll post a pic later.

At this point it will require more force than I'm comfortable with

Thanks Tony & N8T.

In addition to the adapter, I also directly used the same 306 on my other mod and it works fine

After reading your suggestion, I took out the switch assembly (to eliminate the pellet as a possible caus) but the 306 won't screw in all the way still. there's about 1 millimeter or a little less of gap left. Not sure how much exactly but I'll post a pic later.

At this point it will require more force than I'm comfortable with

Interesting, what type of 306 is it?

jayvolt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2011
West Palm Beach FL USA
Sadly I am having the same issue with a joye lr 306 on the RES. I have it on the regular switch top right now but cannot get it more than 2-3 threads in on the RES switch top. PM me N8T and I would be happy to send one to you. I don't want to mention the vendor because I doubt it is a vendor issue.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
It's from IkenVape. Here are the pics:

Atomizer Interface
img0356mx.jpg

510-EgoT adapter
img0355lw.jpg

It's from IkenVape. Here are the pics:

Atomizer Interface
img0356mx.jpg

510-EgoT adapter
img0355lw.jpg

Francis,

Judging from your pics it looks like the IkenVape 306 is not threading all the way in to the 510 EgoT adapter either.

It's hard to tell but it looks like the shaft OD on the IkenVape 306 is larger than the standard Cisco 306's I designed the device around. The dimension I'm talking about is the smooth portion of the nose of the atomizer in between the threaded portion and the flange portion that is supposed to mate up. In other words, the OD the threads appears to be the same OD of the shaft/shoulder portion of the nose of the atomizer.

So it's a good news, bad news deal. The atomizer should work fine in the Alpha, but you will have an extra air passage there that may affect the behavior of the RES feeding the atomizer. If I were you I would just thread it in like you have it and try it out. That position of the atomizer my be out of range of the floating switch or it my not, only one way to find out!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I just ordered the dual voltage UltraMax kit and I never used a 306 atty/drip tip. Which 306 atty works good with the UltraMax and what drip tip will fit?

If personally use the Joye 306 attys. I have also heard that the cisco 306s are good too. If you are using 3.7v you want to use low resistance. If you are using 6v you will want to use standard resistance. As far as drip tips I just use the delrin cheap ones. I'm pretty sure that we are working on some nice 306 drip tips though.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Last edited:

Timothy Cullen

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Hanson, Kentucky, United States
Sasha has it the ikenvape 306s do sometimes have that issue and the quick fix I've heard is that to take fine grit sand paper and run it over the 306 threads as in wrap it around them and give I a little twist.
I don't think it's an innovapor manufacture issue but just a general difference in the threads them selves as some don't have any problem screwing them on there provari and others just can't seen to get it to work. Hope hat helps and I'm pretty sure it won't be an issue on my ultra when I get it

I double checked the Apex Alpha Atomizer Interfaces against the cisco 306's and they spec'd out fine. It sounds like the different atomizer manufacturers are have trouble staying in spec.

I will order a few of the suspect ones and see if there is a simple change on my side that would accommodate their variation without sacrificing any of the current fitment options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread