Help with a Maraxus Mod (Black & Gold one), I can't get it to fire....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Hi all, I'm sure this has been posted before but I need a little help..... I am trying to put a battery (18650 purple 35Amps Efest, Sony 18650 vtc5) in the black and gold Maraxus mod that I bought a while back and have been procrastinating about trying it out and building my first micro dual coil on the IGO-W (that I had to drill the air holes bigger and my 28 gauge wire keeps breaking when I tighten the screws down, grrrrr)) but when I'm putting the battery in the mod and tighten the mod down I then can't get my atty to screw in...

I pushed on the pin with a toothpick and the 510 pin will not push down!

If I screw in the atty first and then put the battery in the bottom piece of my mod, screw the mod tight hit the fire button on the bottom the stupid thing won't fire then....

How do I get this thing to work?

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I've got one of the early clones, I forget where from. I'm kinda having a similar issue that you're having, except my stuff just isn't making a solid connection with the 510 pin. I think I may have jammed it down into the top cap, might have collapsed the spring, if there's a spring in there.

I don't know if this really helps you much, but know that you ain't alone! If I can't get mine unfuxed, I might just get another. It was a cheap clone anyway. ;)

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Well this is my first time trying the Maraxus Mod out. I have tried multiple atty's and batteries on it. I don't see anywhere that it can be adjusted.... :-(

When I put the battery in and tighten everything up on the mod the center pin for the atty or tank will not go down.. the pin will not even push down (tried pushing it down with a toothpick and a small wood pencil. I'm using 18650 batteries.

If I put the atty or a tank on first then put the battery in the mod won't fire!!

I think I got a broke one!

Ding

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Molon Labe
There is two little holes in the round delrin caps on both top and bottom pieces.Those delrin pieces unscrew.I use C ring pliers(harbor freight or home depot etc has em) to unscrew them but ya can use just about anything to do that,if they fit the holes.This is how ya replace parts like the spring with a new spring or adjust .Some people recommend leaving your insulator partially unscrewed to make for a better connection/less misfiring.

Just an FYI,many mechs that have their threads coated will not get the contact needed to fuction the unit properly.If I get a mech that has them coated,I remove the coating on the threads.Might not be your case.I know copper and brass mechs have a habit of getting corrosion and it takes away from the full potential until the threads are clean.I have a copper nemisis and brass M-16 that I have to clean regularly.makes a big difference in power.

Last edited:

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
This one is brand new.... anyway I tried it again tonight and it works... strange huh? I think I am going to sell it in a package deal it just doesn't fit my hands very good.

What are some other descent mech mods that I can try? I have a Magneto and it is nice. Great threading and the fire button is great!

Thanks for the help guys.... :)

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Off the top of my head (just got home from gallbladder surgery), and these are all clones:
Nemesis
EA (the old telescopic, side firing one)
Any Stingray (but quality from the different cloners seems hit and miss, I've been pretty lucky with my brass one and copper/stainless steel Stingray X)
Chi-You

I've got an old full brass Sentinel that I also really dig.

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Thanks Zip! I hope you are doing better from your surgery. My mom had that done and they filmed the whole thing from inside her body and I can hardly watch it.... gives me the willies! B-)

If anyone thinks of more mods let me know. I'm buying the black colored Magneto 2 today but I'm trying to get up a small collection before this year is out. I just got done buying about 4 new RDA's. I looked on vaperev and man is their stuff expensive! Wow! Look at this and it's basically just a battery tube....

Vaperev Shop - Ba Gua 22 Ti Brushed - Team Rampage - Mechanical - Devices

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Lots of research and development. The tube isnt the expensive part. Its the switch and the design. Paying the people for the work that they have put in to make such a device. When you buy a clone, they dont have to spend any money on research development or pay the design crew. Its just counterfeiting at its finest.

Don't get me wrong I would love to have one of the expensive mods and some of the expensive RDA's and Tanks but man I just can't afford them....
If they were just half of what they are asking it wouldn't be a problem but that's just way too much especially in these times in America! Ya know what I'm saying? I did buy a real Kayfun Lite Plus revision 2 and it's nice!

I'm sure the original makers hate the cloners and I think if these cloners are going to clone something that should at least do a better job! I've bought some clones that were truly awful and couldn't even be used.... I'm gonna save up so I can at least buy an expensive mod to go with my real Kayfun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread