Help with Battery Charger Controller / Solar Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentminja

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
I'm working on a box mod similar to tinear's sidewinder...

The only problem I'm faced with is getting a good charging controller to fit into a small box size to charge the 3.7v lithium Ion battery.

As of right now I have solar panels on the outside of the box, wired to the 3.7v battery using a series of resistors, all of which is connected to a switch (a switch to charge the battery).

The only problem is if the battery becomes over-charged it could damage it or even worse it could explode.

I could make it possible by removing the charge controller circuitry from a similar capacity charger... but I don't think that would be something anyone would want to carry around when it was all said and done.

I still have yet to find a mod that can be plugged in and charged. It looks like all of the mods you have to remove the battery and charge it separately.

Seriously, how cool would it be to have an e-cig you could take to the beech with you, and NEVER have to worry about charging it all day long. That is my vision. A waterproof solar box for vaping anywhere, all day long.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread