• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Help with China ecig megastores and travel to Malaysia, PacRim

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Don't know where else to post this, but you are a lot closer than I am in Michigan.

I will be making a trip out to your beautiful part of the world, starting in Singapore and finishing in Korea. It will be both business and pleasure this time. In a half dozen trips, all I saw was the inside of a conference room. So I have some questions.

Singapore: are ecigs banned there? Can I travel with them? Camera prices used to be fairly cheap there. Would it be worth it to buy some new equipment there? Can you recommend any shops? I do know that you can recover VAT, or whatever it is you call it.

China: will be travelling to all of the major cities and do a bit of the tourist thing. I have used both Focalecig and fasttech for my hardware, so it just might be too much of a hassle to buy and schlepp new hardware with me since they ship postage free. but I am more interested in stocking up on some flavors as opposed to eliquids. They are fairly pricey here. The only China company that sells flavors is Health Cabin, and they are very expensive especially when you add their shipping charges.

I would be looking for stores near the city centers.

When I travel, I only take my I taste VV's with me and Kanger style BC's since swapping a dead head(recoil myself) is a snap. Will I have any problems with the Li batteries? Plan on putting them in my luggage and take only one with me and two BC's for an occasional stealth nicotine fix as a carry on.

Thanks for your help!

Singapore's ban involve importation of e-cigs. I think bringing in your equipment can mean an import. I live in Malaysia and I have driven into Singapore with my Z-Max mini and Protank. They don't scan cars. I guess it will be different for you flying in. Personally I would take the risk - I cannot imagine being without my e-cigs. If questioned, try calmly explain and plead your case. It is after all for personal use and not for resale. We're all trying to stay off cigarettes.

I've flown to Taiwan, China and Bangladesh with my vaping equipment, a couple bottles of 10ml juices and a spare battery in my carry on. I do stealth vape inside the plane toilets (if it is not stinky). Only once my Z-Max Mini was questioned in Malaysia at the gate prior to boarding, but they waved me on when I said it is an e-cigarette.

For the sake of the safety of the other passengers (and yourself), ensure that your batteries are stored in such a way they don't get in contact with metal and causing a short.

I generally avoid Chinese juices. They had one too many food scandals and I categorize juices as 'food'. Contaminated milk. Restaurants cooking with oil skimmed from drains. The list goes on. This is of course just my personal (and probably ignorant) decision. I have no problems with Chinese vaping equipment though - you can go no wrong with stainless steel and glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread