Help with diy juice ratio / nic strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Hi guys/girls

If any one can help me to get my recipe fixed.
The nic i use is a 36mg/ml pg, and every time i want to go higher on the nic strength it will tell me to go -% on the pg ratio, if i ad xx % less pg wont my nic strength drop aswell ?
The only nic i have is pg, from what i can see i should have bought vg nic aswell and mix those 2 up first to get the right nic ratio and % ?

Will ad a sample of what i need help on thanks.

Attachments

• 166E7405-DCA1-421B-9E11-AB90D40BA192.png
    166E7405-DCA1-421B-9E11-AB90D40BA192.png
    201.1 KB · Views: 14
  • A1FCFC19-9A90-488F-A868-FF463B9F852B.png
    A1FCFC19-9A90-488F-A868-FF463B9F852B.png
    383.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
As long as you're ok with the slight change in final PF/VG ratio, no problem. Your nic is in PG, so it means a slight increase in that part of the mix. As long as you have that part - the nic - at the right amount, the final mix will be the %nic desired, only the PG/VG ratio changes.

Reactions: smacuser

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
As long as you're ok with the slight change in final PF/VG ratio, no problem. Your nic is in PG, so it means a slight increase in that part of the mix. As long as you have that part - the nic - at the right amount, the final mix will be the %nic desired, only the PG/VG ratio changes.
Ok so i should still ad the 11.67ml but wont that make the final mix a little bit more than 30ml ? Or should i just ad 9ml of nic and then it will still be 14mg ? Sry bit new to this every recipe i go over 8mg nic on just pg it will give me a -% on the pg so just trying to understand better.
Would like to keep it on 40/60 dont want to go to a 50/50 ratio

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Ok so i should still ad the 11.67ml but wont that make the final mix a little bit more than 30ml ? Or should i just ad 9ml of nic and then it will still be 14mg ? Sry bit new to this every recipe i go over 8mg nic on just pg it will give me a -% on the pg so just trying to understand better.
Would like to keep it on 40/60 dont want to go to a 50/50 ratio
Okay...that is frustrating.
The low concentration (36mg/ml) base you are using requires almost 39% of the finished juice to be comprised of your base.
In your place, I would buy another bottle of 36mg/ml in 100% VG and mix it equally with the 36mg/ml 100%PG.
Your base would then be 50/50 @ 36mg/ml.

If you have the option, a stronger nicotine solution in PG would work for you also.
If you had been using 100mg/ml in 100% PG, your recipe would have worked. (Base accounts for only 14% of the final mix.)
ejmu.JPG

HTH
I

• Agree
Reactions: DavidOck

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
Okay...that is frustrating.
The low concentration (36mg/ml) base you are using requires almost 39% of the finished juice to be comprised of your base.
In your place, I would buy another bottle of 36mg/ml in 100% VG and mix it equally with the 36mg/ml 100%PG.
Your base would then be 50/50 @ 36mg/ml.

If you have the option, a stronger nicotine solution in PG would work for you also.
If you had been using 100mg/ml in 100% PG, your recipe would have worked. (Base accounts for only 14% of the final mix.)
View attachment 812985

HTH
I
Ok thanks alot, seems will need to get a 36 vg aswell, shops this side only sells nic in 36mg/ml, but yea think i got a better idea now, after posting the thread it hit me should have gotten a vg nic aswell to mix up ..

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Ok so i should still ad the 11.67ml but wont that make the final mix a little bit more than 30ml ?

That's what I'd do, to keep the nic where you want it, and the ratio as close as possible to what you actually want.

Also keep in mind that most flavors are in PG, thus affecting the final ratio a bit. Yep, getting some more nic in VG and mixing 50/50 with what you already have will help to hit that ratio.

Reactions: Izan

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
That's what I'd do, to keep the nic where you want it, and the ratio as close as possible to what you actually want.

Also keep in mind that most flavors are in PG, thus affecting the final ratio a bit. Yep, getting some more nic in VG and mixing 50/50 with what you already have will help to hit that ratio.
Thanks for the info, will rather get a vg nic aswell so that the ratio don't drop too much.
Thanks for all the help guys.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
If any one can help me to get my recipe fixed.
The nic i use is a 36mg/ml pg, and every time i want to go higher on the nic strength it will tell me to go -% on the pg ratio, if i ad xx % less pg wont my nic strength drop aswell ?
The problem you are seeing; is your nic is PG based, and your flavor concentrates are also PG based. The amount (of nicotine, and flavorings) required to make your desired recipe won't allow the specified "desired" PG/VG ratio as you have it currently input... hence the error message.

Like @DavidOck, and @Izan already mentiioned, as long as you are not fussy about what your final PG/VG ratio is, there are two things ways to go about getting rid of the error message:

One, is to manually start adjusting the current PG/VG "desired" ratio; by lowering the VG percentage, and raising the PG ratio, until the error message disappears.

Or... (and the easier way, in my mind)

Is to remove the percentages from the desired PG and VG boxes, and click on the box marked "Max VG" (located immediately below).
upload_2019-5-2_15-52-59.png

This will allow the calculator the flexibility to automatically adjust the PG/VG ratio, so that it can add all the necessary ingredients, to complete the recipe. (NOTE: "Max VG doesn't mean "high" PG necessarily. It only means as high as it can be, using all the required ingredients... and still use all required flavoring, and achieve the desired nicotine level.)

If the resulting PG/VG ratio is not acceptable to you (e.g. too high of a PG percentage); then purchasing additional 100%VG nic is your only alternative.

Ruben41771

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2019
South Africa, Cape Town
The problem you are seeing; is your nic is PG based, and your flavor concentrates are also PG based. The amount (of nicotine, and flavorings) required to make your desired recipe won't allow the specified "desired" PG/VG ratio as you have it currently input... hence the error message.

Like @DavidOck, and @Izan already mentiioned, as long as you are not fussy about what your final PG/VG ratio is, there are two things ways to go about getting rid of the error message:

One, is to manually start adjusting the current PG/VG "desired" ratio; by lowering the VG percentage, and raising the PG ratio, until the error message disappears.

Or... (and the easier way, in my mind)

Is to remove the percentages from the desired PG and VG boxes, and click on the box marked "Max VG" (located immediately below).
View attachment 813033

This will allow the calculator the flexibility to automatically adjust the PG/VG ratio, so that it can add all the necessary ingredients, to complete the recipe. (NOTE: "Max VG doesn't mean "high" PG necessarily. It only means as high as it can be, using all the required ingredients... and still use all required flavoring, and achieve the desired nicotine level.)

If the resulting PG/VG ratio is not acceptable to you (e.g. too high of a PG percentage); then purchasing additional 100%VG nic is your only alternative.
Thanks for the info really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread