Help with Kanger T2 - Did I stumble on a solution to dry hits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
Let me preface by saying that I'm not entirely sure the definition of a dry hit. I bought a couple T2's (2.4 Ohm) from Altsmoke. This is my first experience with Clearos. The T2 was very solid, no leaking. However, it was very inconsistent. Every third vape, the damn thing would do nothing, just plain air whether or not I tilted it. It doesn't taste burnt or anything. I noticed that the issue was the battery not turning on on every vape. I am using a 900 Mah X2.

However, I noticed that when I placed my thumb over one of the airholes on the bottom of the T2, it would vape every time. I also noticed that there is a small gap between the T2 and the X2:

IMAG0386.jpg

Relevant Info:
  • Kanger T2
  • 900 Mah X2
  • 70/30 Juice Vape dudes Blue Jitsu
  • 2.4 Ohm

Can someone offer any help to what I'm seeing? Am I experiencing a dry hit? Thanks.

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
It sounds to me like the center positive post of the X2 is a hair too shallow. Placing your finger on the skirt is causing a better contact. Take a really tiny flat head screwdriver and gently pry up on the all four sides of the post. It probably won't take much, so don't go crazy on it. See if this takes care of the problem.

Automatic battery? Sounds like the draw is to airy and not activating the auto switch inside the batt.
If covering the hole solves the issue, use a piece of tape and cover one of the holes.

Edit: A dry hit feels like this nasty harsh scratching hit of vapor that taste nasty. You really feel it on the back of your throat.

Have you tried cleaning the battery connector? I invert the battery and clean them with rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush.
This seems to get any gunk out of the holes in autos. Just try not to get any down inside the batt.

Last edited:

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
Automatic battery? Sounds like the draw is to airy and not activating the auto switch inside the batt.
If covering the hole solves the issue, use a piece of tape and cover one of the holes.

Yeah I thought about doing that. I guess the issue is the Clearo not screwing in all the way down to create that vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread