help with my 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

openbeerz

Sep 7, 2009
hello, new guy here, wondering if anyone can help me, got my 510 for a week and 1/2 the carts it came were were great lots of vapor smooth hit with a little kick, now i got johnsons smoke juice sampler and all flavors have this horrible throat hit like you wouldnt believe, i was wondering if it could be their stuff or somthing else, i cleaned my carts tried just driping, its all the same...there only 18 mg nic. well any help would be apriciated. i also blew out and swabed both atimizors. im getting hits that are so strong they hurt my chest and i use to smoke a palk and half of malboro reds....

WILDJC

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
New York
hello, new guy here, wondering if anyone can help me, got my 510 for a week and 1/2 the carts it came were were great lots of vapor smooth hit with a little kick, now i got johnsons smoke juice sampler and all flavors have this horrible throat hit like you wouldnt believe, i was wondering if it could be their stuff or somthing else, i cleaned my carts tried just driping, its all the same...there only 18 mg nic. well any help would be apriciated. i also blew out and swabed both atimizors. im getting hits that are so strong they hurt my chest and i use to smoke a palk and half of malboro reds....

Yeah, it's the JC juice. Try some Dekang instead.

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
Haven't been hearing anything good about JC lately. In fact I ordered some not to long ago and I didn't like it either. Try some different juice. Puresmoker, Nhaler, Vapor Station and Rocky Mountain Vapor all ship pretty quick, usually just 2-3 days. Also, might consider trying a little higher nicotine level depending on how much you used to smoke and what brand you smoked.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio

You could try to find some VG at a local craft store (in the baking isle) and cut your JC with it. VG will thicken it up a bit and maybe cut some of the throat hit. Seems like VG makes a smoother hit and clouds of vapor. At least, you might be able to use your JC smoke juice if you doctor it up a little.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
Greetings, Openbeerz. I've been vaping for about a month but only recently quit the analogs altogether. Like many on the new member forum, I did a lot of digging around before i settled on a 510 and a 901. I like both though I tend to use the 510 more. i also use Johnson Creek juice. I'm still working my way through their samples and several larger bottles of different nic strengths to see what I like best at different times of the day/night. Generally, I've been really happy with the JC juice. I like the espresso a lot. The Black Cherry and Tennessee Cured have also stood out. Lately, though, the flavor seems to have gone south. It's hard to describe--not as strong or sweet and sometimes just plain 'flat' tasting. I've cleaned the atomizers, kept the batteries charged, changed the wool in my carts and refilled them, tried putting a few more/less drops on the atty, etc. It doesn't seem to matter what I do and the flavor is equally flat on both the 510 and the 901 using both manual and auto batteries. The amount of vapor is still good so I don't think my attys are all konking out on me. I wonder if I'm just getting used to the flavors and they don't stand out as much? Or maybe my taste buds are just fried from too much vaping! Anyone else experience this drop off in flavor?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
You could try to find some VG at a local craft store (in the baking isle) and cut your JC with it. VG will thicken it up a bit and maybe cut some of the throat hit. Seems like VG makes a smoother hit and clouds of vapor. At least, you might be able to use your JC smoke juice if you doctor it up a little.

Great idea.

Hockeytown

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2009
MI, USA
Greetings, Openbeerz. I've been vaping for about a month but only recently quit the analogs altogether. Like many on the new member forum, I did a lot of digging around before i settled on a 510 and a 901. I like both though I tend to use the 510 more. i also use Johnson Creek juice. I'm still working my way through their samples and several larger bottles of different nic strengths to see what I like best at different times of the day/night. Generally, I've been really happy with the JC juice. I like the espresso a lot. The Black Cherry and Tennessee Cured have also stood out. Lately, though, the flavor seems to have gone south. It's hard to describe--not as strong or sweet and sometimes just plain 'flat' tasting. I've cleaned the atomizers, kept the batteries charged, changed the wool in my carts and refilled them, tried putting a few more/less drops on the atty, etc. It doesn't seem to matter what I do and the flavor is equally flat on both the 510 and the 901 using both manual and auto batteries. The amount of vapor is still good so I don't think my attys are all konking out on me. I wonder if I'm just getting used to the flavors and they don't stand out as much? Or maybe my taste buds are just fried from too much vaping! Anyone else experience this drop off in flavor?

I've been vaping for only 1 week, and I've noticed a flavor drop as well. My juice came from Cignot, where I got the 510, and Besteciggy I got the samples. Throat hit seemed good before, but less lately as well. I may be over-vaping too!

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
Geez, I wish I did a review on the Johnson smoke juice before I placed my order on Tuesday. I have three bottles coming in next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I was looking forward to trying it, hope it is not as bad as the posts imply.

Some people love JC, others hate it with a passion. And I think that many of the people who really hate it loved the old recipe and mourn it's loss.

For me personally I half love it- meaning I simply can't vape it by itself. There's an underlying flavor in all the JC flavors that's just really overwhelming and frankly a little bit funky (what IS that base flavor? anyone know?).

But I find that when I add a drop or two of it to other juices, say some Ecopure Rich or something mild and light tasting, it really makes for an awesome vape. It also adds some special something to my diy efforts (Vg+ nic+lorann) that seem flat without it.

But ultimately you don't have to worry at all. Unlike most juice suppliers out there JC offers a 100% money back guarantee.

Wakadoo

Sep 8, 2009
El Paso, TX
Anyone else experience this drop off in flavor?

I have. I've noticed that lately my tastes vary from day to day. One when I first got my sampler pack from nhaler the first time I tried Virginia Cured it was awesome, couple of days later it was sort of bleh. Then I started craving some RY4 I had gotten. Same thing, went back to the Virginia Cured and it was as good as when I had first tried it. I thought it was the cart filler, thought it was the atty, thought maybe even I needed fresh batteries but that wasn't the case. So lately I've just been mixing it up a bit and haven't had any flavor/taste issues.

Wakadoo

Sep 8, 2009
El Paso, TX
Geez, I wish I did a review on the Johnson smoke juice before I placed my order on Tuesday. I have three bottles coming in next week. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I was looking forward to trying it, hope it is not as bad as the posts imply.

I bought the JC Sampler maybe about a month ago. Its not bad juice by any means but it is a totally different taste that most other juices I've tried. Some love, some hate it. It's not something I can vape every day, but once in a while it does hit the spot.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
Hi, Hockeytown, Birdy, Wakadoo, and larktdl and thanks for weighing in on the juice/taste issue.

Birdy: Since I'm new to vaping and haven't fully explored threads outside the newcomer's forum, I was wondering if you could fill us in on the 'old recipe/new recipe' issue with JC. What's the difference?

I haven't tried any other juice--with the exception of the RY and MLB carts that came with my 901 and 510--so I don't have much of a basis for comparison.

I was impressed with the juice I got from JC--as well as their packaging and quick service. [And no, I don't work for them or have any connection with the company other than as a customer) I ordered a JC sample pack as part of their Welcome to E-smoking kit. Some of the stuff that comes with it--especially the long tweezers, syringes (both the needle version for filling carts and the needle-less one for storing used cart filler) and funnel----has become part of my standard 'bring to work' vaping kit. I also find the small glass sample bottles and glass mini droppers really useful. I carry around a dropper bottle (or two) of liquid with me all day. It's an easy way to top off but I also find that using an empty dropper in reverse--that is, to suck up liquid--is one way to fine tune my cart fill that wastes less juice. [Better to squeeze it back into the bottle rather than blot it up with a paper towel.]

It's interesting to hear about others’ experiences with changes in juice flavor. One reason I switched to menthol analogs was because regular cigs began to taste like hot air to me. They satisfied the nic craving and that was about it. I worried about the compounded risks associated with mentholated analogs, but at least I was aware of something ‘flavor like’ when I smoked them. After a while, that awareness began to taper off, too—at least until I bummed a non-menthol analog from someone and noticed the difference.

So maybe part of what we are experiencing is just a natural form of accommodation. Maybe 'mixing it up,' as Wakadoo recommends, is the best antidote for flavor flatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread