Help with new RDA and Squonk wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Romanov

Jan 22, 2022
Finally cigarette-free after 12 years....

Hello everyone,

I was a heavy smoker for over 12 years smoking 3-4 packs daily. Today I'm cigarette-free for 4 months for the first time ever thanks to vaping. I started my journey with a Geekvape L200 legend mod with Zeus sub-ohm tank. The downside was going through coils fast even though I was priming my 0.2 coils and vaping at 55 WAT. A coil would last 2 or 3 days max before losing flavor or taste burnt which adds up quite fast given that single-coil here costs 7$. Today I rewarded myself with Dvopoo Dual Topside squonk with a Dead Rabbit v2 RDA. I got some premade Alien Clapton Tiger coils at 0.36 ohm. I managed to build my first deck with dual coils that ended up giving me 0.3-ohm resistance. Would anyone help me choose optimal wattage and settings for flavor? Also, how to reduce spit back

I also have a Drop Digiflavour RDA as well as a Ragnar Aromamizer advanced kit coming soon. Which combo would give me the ultimate flavor experience with my gear?

Thank you for reading this
Ga8SR8o.jpeg

bsDruVW.jpeg

WbhJLE9.jpeg

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
The rebuildable atomizers and the coils are not like the disposable coils and they have a very wide range of wattage that u can vape them because there are many variables also.

Just from experience i would risk it and to say start from 60watts and work your way up until it heats up fast and until u like it.
Thats just suggestion from the pic that i try imagine how much mass those coil have and how much wattage they may need to heat up.

Just make sure the coils are positioned at the center or a little higher so the airflow holes hit the coil and cool it down good.
Also sometimes it may increase flavour to bend the coils a little away from eachother so they can be closer to the airflow holes on the sides.

Now i just see from a pic that the angles may not look good but just saying have in mind for the future.

If u get any spitback means the cotton must be tighter throught the coil.

Thats all! welcome to e.c.f. and cheers :vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
A coil would last 2 or 3 days max before losing flavor or taste burnt which adds up quite fast given that single-coil here costs 7$.

Are you changing the wick AND the coil every few days? Flavor going off and burnt taste indicates that you need to change the wick, not the coil. Coils usually last and last. Wicks need changing anywhere from daily to weekly. My squonk needs re-wicking every day or the flavor suffers, but I have been vaping the same coil for over 4 months now. Check out some Youtube vids on how to clean/care for your coils.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hello Alexander Romanov and welcome to ECF. :)

Coils I roll myself last a minimum of 4 months.

Have you tried different manufacturer cottons? Not all cotton is created equally. Some cottons are complete crap. Have you tried rayon?

I switch off between cotton and rayon in my RBA's. My juice is all DIY. None of my juices are coil gunkers or wick killers. I get a minimum of 14 days on a wick (cotton or rayon).

When I vape flavorless I easily get 30 days on a wick (rayon).

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
You've got some really massive coils in your atty that will need a lot of power for no additional gain. I'd say 70W is the absolute minimum. They look pretty but lack in the performance department.

Something like 2x26/38 or 28x4/38 ,5 wraps, 3mm ID will perform much better.

If you experience spit back and pop up, there's either not enough wick inside the coils and/or the wattage is set too low.

• Agree
Reactions: Superuser187
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread