Help with nic level

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I think this belongs in this section. It might turn out to be a mixing question. lol If not please move to correct section..

Ok, Been vaping for about 3 weeks and I am having trouble with throat hit. I assume this means how it kinda burns the throat...Today I ordered butter rum from tasty vapor...I love the flavor, omg, it is ,well, tasy lol Problem is it burns my throat just a bit too much....Is it because I ordered 36mg? Am I correct in assuming that if I ordered butter rum with 0 nic it would have very little to no throat hit, just all wonderful flavor?

Is it the nic that gives the throat hit?:confused:

Could I just order a doubler and mix 30ml of 0 nic with my 30ml-36mg and end up with what mg of nic?....Did u like that 2 question riddle?lol

I am off to study mixing 101;)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Nic is one thing that causes TH.

Your nic is a ratio of mg/ml. So 30ml of 36mg has a total of 1080mg of nic.
Read up on mixing. Get one of the calculators here. Get a small bottle to mix in. And you'll be doing more than just cutting nic in half soon.

(10 drops of 36mg with 10 drops of 0mg will be pretty close to 18mg. Then you can test that and see if the TH is closer to what you like without wasting much juice if the experiment does not turn out well)

vaporjoey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nic is one thing that causes TH.

Your nic is a ratio of mg/ml. So 30ml of 36mg has a total of 1080mg of nic.
Read up on mixing. Get one of the calculators here. Get a small bottle to mix in. And you'll be doing more than just cutting nic in half soon.

(10 drops of 36mg with 10 drops of 0mg will be pretty close to 18mg. Then you can test that and see if the TH is closer to what you like without wasting much juice if the experiment does not turn out well)

Perfect info!! I will do just that....Appreciate the quick help...Lots to learn...

Where in Indy r u Hoosier? I'm in Mooresville....

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I think this belongs in this section. It might turn out to be a mixing question. lol If not please move to correct section..

Ok, Been vaping for about 3 weeks and I am having trouble with throat hit. I assume this means how it kinda burns the throat...Today I ordered butter rum from tasty vapor...I love the flavor, omg, it is ,well, tasy lol Problem is it burns my throat just a bit too much....Is it because I ordered 36mg? Am I correct in assuming that if I ordered butter rum with 0 nic it would have very little to no throat hit, just all wonderful flavor?

Is it the nic that gives the throat hit?:confused:

Could I just order a doubler and mix 30ml of 0 nic with my 30ml-36mg and end up with what mg of nic?....Did u like that 2 question riddle?lol

I am off to study mixing 101;)
Some folks get or are after a burning sensation I supposed. TH to me happens where my ribs start and not at the back of my throat perse. It is also my understanding that, that is where it is suppose to happen.

By all means get the 0 nic doubler but I would caution you in mixing both together. I wouldn't necessarily drop it down to 18mg in one go, not if you want to see where you are comfortable at. This Is what I would do: Using a 1ml batch. (20 drops/ml)

13dr @36mg mixed with 7dr @0mg = 24mg (this is where heavy smokers start.
12dr @36mg mixed with 8dr @0mg = 22mg
11dr @36mg mixed with 9dr @0mg = 20mg
10dr @36mg mixed with 10dr @0mg = 18mg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread