HELP with Nova, Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chellemmm

Chihuahua Queen
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Florida
After loving my minis, I bought 2 regular sized vivi Nova (knock offs) and here is the issue:

Here is the problem with the regular Novas (NOT the minis):

The center post protrudes about 1/8" past the outer part of the center post on the bottom. There are 2 little notches at the bottom which are supposed to be for the airflow. On my minis, they do not protrude. Unconnected to the battery, the Novas (big) allow sucking, when screwed on the battery, they do not. If I barely (BARELY) make contact without screwing the tank on, they will work, but it is too wobbly and will not stay on the battery that way. You can sort of see what I mean on the blue and grey Novas in this pic, although mine do not protrude that much:

I cannot get ANY airflow once I screw it into an Ego type battery (I tried 5 of them!)

Do you see how the inner part of the center post at the bottom of the 1st two tanks stick out further than the rest of them appear? On my minis, that part is flush with the outer part of the bottom of the center post, like it appears to be in the clear tank shown. I have tried Pushing it/screwing it back up through the bottom, to no avail. I read another thread where this ring was suggested, but maybe I am reading it wrong? :facepalm:

This is the one I ordered and you can see how the bottom part of the center post sticks out. Maybe I bought one with the wrong threading? The threads seem to be a little different then the mini, too.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1319600

I really hope someone can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread