Help with tobacco flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

harleybluz

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
VA
Hi,
I need some opinions on tobacco flavor juice. I got the tobacco flavored cartomizers for my 510 at AZ Smokefree and it tastes great. Has a sweetness to it. I order the juice also tobacco flavored and it's not the same. Can you give me suggestions on "tobacco" flavors with a sweetness to it? I don't want any other flavors like mocha, etc. Just looking for a good tobacco flavor. Thanks.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I don't know why the prefilled cartridges/cartomizers sometimes taste different. I have a feeling that perhaps they've sat for a while so have developed better flavor. I'm pretty sure most prefilled cartridges and cartos are prefilled with Dekang liquid. The bottle of Tobacco you bought is likely Dekang as well, but maybe it just isn't old enough to have developed a better flavor. Let it sit for a while (to steep) and maybe visit it again after several weeks. I have liquids from Dekang that were awful when I first bought them... over a year later I've tried a few again that just sat in a box, and they have surprisingly changed to a better flavor. Hopefully, you won't have to wait for a year. LOL

For sweeter tobacco flavors you can buy now: I recently tried some Vaper's Choice Honey Tobacco and it was awesome (ecigsupply.com). Vapor4Life's Kant has a sweet honey background. DIY Flavor Shack Honey Tobacco has good reviews too.

Normally, I vape a non sweet tobacco all day like Smooth 8 (bit of ginger to it and nice throat hit) or Freedom (almost a cedar back flavor) from Halo, but recently received a 10ml sample of their Tribeca (just a light hint of sweet caramel but not overpowering like some RY4). Good stuff!

Sweeter smoking tobacco is typically sweetened with honey so a plain bottle of Honey e-liquid could sweeten up any tobacco that you have now and isn't sweet enough. Even the Dekang Honey liquid is the Bee's Knees :). Just go lightly when adding it to a small amount of the tobacco liquid you've put in a separate bottle until you find a good ratio and know that it will work for you. After that, mix the rest.

Really good honey e-liquid can be found from this vendor: http://www.vsvapor.net/personal-vaporizer-Honey-108 and also from Honey E-Liquid and other vendors on the forum which you can easily find threads by doing a search for honey through the forum search or look for honey e-liquid on Google search.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Yet another wonderful answer from Hellen! I'll just add a factoid I stumbled onto (in the process of reviewing Hangsen's Echo PV): Hangsen, not DeKang, is the largest supplier of e-liquid. Who knew?! For example, they supply Vapor4Life.

I know that doesn't really help the OP. For that, I suggest asking AZ Smokefree. Also, Hellen alluded to RY4. These days, so many suppliers have their own version (varies all over the map in sweetness and taste quality). Recently, I've been enjoying High Caliber "Our 4 Tobacco" (get it?) available from various suppliers (e.g., LiteCigUSA and Vapor Junction) and IkenVape's RY4 (website down for maintenance as I write this).

Also, I think Vapor4Life's Wowboy is a tasty, somewhat sweet tobacco flavor. Unfortunately, it often is out of stock. [So, would that be Hangsen's fault I wonder?]

And I fully agree with Hellen about Halo's new Tribecca: excellent!

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The original RY4 which is a smooth tobacco flavor with an undertone of carmal/vanille, was the "rage" back in 2009. Then DeKang went and changed the formula. To me that was the best tobacco flavor with a light sweetness to it. The closes I have found to the the original is Janty's RY4. It is hard to find it in because it is so popular. I would get on their "notify me" list. It costs a little more but is well worth it.

https://usa.jantyworld.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=1&Itemid=177

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread