Help with top airflow Rda choosing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
So Iv been looking at 3 top airflow rdas, the all famous Aeolus, the newcomer vector and the orion v2 from beyond vape, now if any of you guys have tried these before could you tell me how they are? And which you think does it the best in terms of flavor and vapor production. The orion looks sweet but I'm not sure on that one so thanks guys!

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
I don't have experience or info on the listed atties, but a member posted a heads up last night regarding a preorder for the "Hastur" (Cthulhu mod) and it looks to be very well conceived.

Not to mention dirt cheap - $23 shipped. Could be a good jumping off point into top airflow.

Hastur RDA [Cthulhu Mod] - Smog Distribution

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Personally I used the Aeolus. Flavor was meh, it was okay. Vapor production was good. It got hot quicker than any other RDA. The Aeolus made me not want to try another top air flow RDA. One of the very few regrets of stuff I bought. I sold mine on here after doing everything to enjoy it still didn't work.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So Iv been looking at 3 top airflow rdas, the all famous Aeolus, the newcomer vector and the Orion v2 from beyond vape, now if any of you guys have tried these before could you tell me how they are? And which you think does it the best in terms of flavor and vapor production. The Orion looks sweet but I'm not sure on that one so thanks guys!

1: Aeolus
The Aeolus takes in air from the top.
-- oh I don't have one so I'm talking from pictures.
the air goes down to the chamber then goes up to the drip tip.

2: vector:
Hadn't heard of that one before.
$10.71 VC Vecter V2 RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I see a vc vecter v2 and it's a top air intake rda.

3: orion v2
Haven't seen that one yet.

What I do have and am vaping is a manta topcap (I actually have it on my aris):
2013602-7.jpg

the manta topcap actually has holes going down through the metal THEN down the SIDES, THEN come out horizontally onto the coil
Snapshot 1 (2015-Jun-15 02-36 AM).png

above is a pic I'm trying to show the holes where the air comes out horizontally.
The topcap is upside down in the pic

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Thediscoranger

Dec 13, 2014
1: Aeolus
The Aeolus takes in air from the top.
-- oh I don't have one so I'm talking from pictures.
the air goes down to the chamber then goes up to the drip tip.

2: vector:
Hadn't heard of that one before.
$10.71 VC Vecter V2 RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
I see a vc vecter v2 and it's a top air intake rda.

3: orion v2
Haven't seen that one yet.

What I do have and am vaping is a manta topcap (I actually have it on my aris):
2013602-7.jpg

the manta topcap actually has holes going down through the metal THEN down the SIDES, THEN come out horizontally onto the coil View attachment 464300

above is a pic I'm trying to show the holes where the air comes out horizontally.
The topcap is upside down in the pic
That manta looks pretty sweet man is the airflow pretty tight or how is it?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
if you like the manta check out the rogue RDA

I looked at the pics of the rogue but looks to me like the Aeolus it just has holes in the top letting the air go down towards the coil.

The manta takes the air in from the top but also channels it down and come out though holes so that the air hits the coil from the sides. the pic I posted shows the airholes on the inside

paulparnham

May 25, 2015
the Aeolus flavour is ok but the vector is far superior for flavour imo.
the vector is even better if you close off 2 or 4 of the air holes.
I find closing down the airflow on the Aeolus makes the flavour a touch better and a touch warmer.
I don't really use my Aeolus anymore and tbh I only use the vector when I'm out and about as top airflow attys are very leak resistant compared to side or barrel airflow attys

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
the Aeolus flavour is ok but the vector is far superior for flavour imo.
the vector is even better if you close off 2 or 4 of the air holes.
I find closing down the airflow on the Aeolus makes the flavour a touch better and a touch warmer.
I don't really use my Aeolus anymore and tbh I only use the vector when I'm out and about as top airflow attys are very leak resistant compared to side or barrel airflow attys
Out of curiosity, where do you position your coils on the vector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread