The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Dear Guest, 

ECF will be down for an extended period Tuesday 25th January from 6am central / 7am Eastern. 

This is due to a server migration. With any luck we'll by open by lunchtime. Thanks in advance for your patience :)

@low_tar_neil

Dismiss Notice

help with usb plug please

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by lynchite, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lynchite

lynchite Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2008
    North West UK
  2. feathersncream

feathersncream Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2009
    Northern VA
    I use the 1 I have for my old IPOD and it works fine just make sure that you check that the Output is the same 4.2V = 150mA & Input AC 100-240V 50/60Hz

If you are looking at that 1 on Ebay I'd send the seller a message and ask what the input/output is.

3. Majestic

Majestic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Wisconsin
    Are you sure you mean "150mA" and not 1500 mA? 150 seems a little low. From what I recall of previous discussions, at least 500 mA is needed for a good vape. Personally, the one I use outputs 1600 mA.

4. feathersncream

feathersncream Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2009
    Northern VA

Not sure all I know is that the back of the charger for my Dura-C and Yeti aka 510 says:Output is 4.2V = 150mA & Input AC 100-240V 50/60Hz

5. Kewtsquirrel

Kewtsquirrel Super Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2009
    DFW, TX
    USB (from your computer) has a maximum output of 500mA, however most motherboards will only output 100mA until the device requests more, which ours can't as there are no data cables.

Still works perfectly fine, though.

6. CatVTTV

CatVTTV Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    Being UK like yourself, I use those plugs Mains/USB without any problems at all.

I regularly sit plugged into the mains vaping with a Titan.....lol

7. lynchite

lynchite Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2008
    North West UK
    Thanks for the replies,

Do you know if it can be used abroad with a european wall socket adaptor?

Regards,

8. Brooks

Brooks Full Member

May 10, 2009
    Chicago
    Funny.... I tried an iPod style USB from cig that was rated 150mA and it did not work on my pass. The red light came on, but no vapor. The light would only flash. I am waiting for one rated 700mA.

9. CatVTTV

CatVTTV Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2009
    Tyne & Wear, UK
    Hi Brooks, its seems here in the UK electrics are a little less complex...or I couldnt cope...lol

Lynchite, cant answer that one Im afraid, although common sense would tell me, that if anything else electrical would work, then your e-cig would also, but this is USB we are talking about, so hopefully someone else from the UK who has done this can respond.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.