The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help with wattage on .2 coil

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by B I L, Mar 6, 2020.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. B I L

B I L Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2013
    Hemet, CA
    I bought the Geekvape Legend Zeus edition. The tank came with
    1 Zeus Sub-Ohm Tank
    1 Coil Tool
    1 3.5mL Spare Glass
    1 0.4ohm Mesh Z1 Coil - rated 60-70W
    1 0.2ohm Mesh Z2 Coil - rated 70-80W

The .2 coil is pre installed and it's the one I'm using. It says rated 70-80 Watts. But I was doing some research and people are vaping at 30 Watts. Is there a low to high I'm supposed to stay in between? I haven't vaped in about 6 months but when I did I had a .5 coil and believe I vaped at 40 Watts.
    I'm just trying to vape at the correct wattage. Thanks.

2. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    With a regulated mod, resistance doesn't really matter. Just start low on your wattage, 20-30 would be a good start, and slowly work your way up until you get the vape you like the best. I would go up by 5s until you get close to your preferred setting and do small adjustments up or down from there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    The rating on coils usually is not realistic. I have used that .2 ohm mesh coil and usually ended up around 24 to 28 watts for good vape on it. As Zaryk said start low and work your way up to what seems right for your taste and temp. There is no correct wattage other than the one you personally like

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Mobc1990

Mobc1990 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 18, 2019
    Johor Bahru
    Tbh I only been vaping for one year,I had always followed the recommend wattage on a given coil,sub ohm.I was scared if I had adjust the wattage over the recommended wattage,the coil would burnt quicker?

5. RuiG

RuiG Super Member ECF Veteran

May 4, 2019
    Portugal
    Greetings,

I would mostly be concern to vape close and above the recommended upper limit.

Coils can perform well in a very wide range of power starting very low. Depends on how you like to vape and what liquid you are using.

Stay safe.

• Agree Agree x 3