Help: Your IP address has been banned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane40000

May 15, 2017
So every time I have tried to go on this website, usually when google searching something vape related, it tells me my IP is banned.. even though I never made an account until now just to post this question.
I had to use my phone on data just to be able to make an account, and I just need an admin to unban my IP so I can post normally. Maybe this is some automatic ban because of the way my IP is (i live in eastern europe, maybe thats why).
Could someone tell me how to find the right IP for my wifi network so that I can give it to you guys to whitelist or whatever?

Thanks

Also, i posted in the newcomers category because I couldn't find anything related to support

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
IP bans are put into place as a last resort to prevent spammers from over running ECF.

As I see what country you're from, I can guarantee that those IP bans will not be lifted. I was banning, on average, 12 spam bots a day with each bot attempting to spam the forums with multiple posts. Sorry, I understand you're caught in the crossfire, but due to the proliferation of spammers using your provider, there will be no changes made on ECF.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
IP bans are put into place as a last resort to prevent spammers from over running ECF.

As I see what country you're from, I can guarantee that those IP bans will not be lifted. I was banning, on average, 12 spam bots a day with each bot attempting to spam the forums with multiple posts. Sorry, I understand you're caught in the crossfire, but due to the proliferation of spammers using your provider, there will be no changes made on ECF.
Use the Stop Forum Spam plug in, it's excellent.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
We do. It doesn't prevent new spammers from registering that haven't been reported. ECF, due to it's high profile, tends to get the new spam registrations first. We do get a lot of "caught" registrations, but there are an awful lot of them that get through. Which is why I inspect each and every registration. If it weren't for the excellent spam controls built into ZenForo, you guys would be seeing a lot more spam than what you actually see in reality. For example, I just nailed a spammer from India. The forum software caught the post, but you guys never saw it.

Same with the spammers coming from the OPs country. I'd have dozens of posts queued up for approval thanks to ZenForo. You folks never saw the spam, but I would spend close to an hour each morning cleaning up the mess left behind by those damned spam bots. Hence the IP bans that were put into place.

Reactions: Izan

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
We do. It doesn't prevent new spammers from registering that haven't been reported. ECF, due to it's high profile, tends to get the new spam registrations first. We do get a lot of "caught" registrations, but there are an awful lot of them that get through. Which is why I inspect each and every registration. If it weren't for the excellent spam controls built into ZenForo, you guys would be seeing a lot more spam than what you actually see in reality. For example, I just nailed a spammer from India. The forum software caught the post, but you guys never saw it.

Same with the spammers coming from the OPs country. I'd have dozens of posts queued up for approval thanks to ZenForo. You folks never saw the spam, but I would spend close to an hour each morning cleaning up the mess left behind by those damned spam bots. Hence the IP bans that were put into place.
Do you use just the stock spam control from ZenFro or actually use the Stop Forum Spam plugin?

Stop Forum Spam

It's much better than the stock BB forum spam controls, much better.

Kane40000

May 15, 2017

So any advice for me? Or are polish people just forever not going to be using this forum

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
We haven't blocked the entire country, but I have in essence, blocked a provider due to the prolific amounts of spam. As I stated earlier, I'm not unblocking that particular provider unless we have assurances that they've changed their ways and have taken a more proactive stance in preventing spammers from using their network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread