Help..!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I found out the answer from the supplier.

Now, you all seemed to be so well informed.......how long do you dip it in the juice? I am using a contact lens case?

One of the handy things about dipping is that you can't really dip too long. The bridge will wick up what it can hold and if you tap the excess off before you remove it you should be fine. I dip for different lengths depending on what I am doing, but if the atomizer is dry I will count to 15 or 20 and then set it aside for a few seconds to let it wick completely before firing it up. It was helpful for me the first time to just put a couple of drops in the case and watch how much and long it took to wick it in (You can actually see it happening). This let me gauge the process, which is now pretty much second nature.

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
Thank you, gatsby. I am getting a very good throat hit. More than with my 510 atomizer. I am using a 510 battery. The 306 is a very good atomizer, draw-wise, smooth, outstanding hit.

You asked about using it with a mod a few weeks ago. I just stuck it on my NicoStick mod....recessed battery connector......it does fit....hangs over the lip about 1/4" ...I don't know if that is enough space to dip with. Secondly, the supplier told me to thread the atty onto the battery and twist to get the cartridge off to expose the atomizer. Well, I don't know if that twist would do any damage to a mod.....how stable my 510 connector is. I might get enough courage to try it but not for awhile...I am enjoying this new experience of dipping right now.

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I will do as you say and gauge how much it is wicking up for a reference point.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
Yeah, I have always felt that the 306 gives pretty close to 510 performance with a little better flavor. You will find that as you pop the mouth piece off a few time it loosens up and gets easier so there is less twisting. Since that first post about the 306 on mod style I have gotten a SuperT and a Protege, which both work really well with the 306. I have avoided boxes for the reason you mentioned, but I figured it would work OK. I still haven't tried the 306 at higher voltages. I have heard it gets hot but not many people try it. Glad you are enjoying your 306. For me dipping and bigger batteries is what made this all work for me. I am too messy to drip and carts drove me crazy.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
When I first got my 306, I couldn't figure out for the life of me where the atomizer and cartridge separated. It's a careful, hard pull-off.

As a newbie, I've just hit my first version of vaping heaven when I combined the 306 atty with a 510 manual battery. (And I owe it to this forum for the idea!)

I couldn't get the timing/force-to-activate right on the automatic 306 battery and I prefer the control of a manual for now, but I like being able to dip.
(I'm going to try some cart mods on the 510 atomizer, but so far, dipping has been a great introduction).

Does anybody else find they need to wipe the outside (metal) casing of the atomizer and the inside of the cartridge after a dip or two? I always find a thin film of juice around these parts, and I'm trying to be careful about putting the dipped atty straight into the cart without touching the inside of the cart, but somehow it always ends up a little messy. Is this just normal? I'm now carrying a Q-tip or two around in my purse for these occasions.

gatsby

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I couldn't get the timing/force-to-activate right on the automatic 306 battery and I prefer the control of a manual for now, but I like being able to dip.
(I'm going to try some cart mods on the 510 atomizer, but so far, dipping has been a great introduction).

If you want to figure out the automatic batteries, spend a little time vaping in front of a mirror and watching the light. I was a pretty big automatic battery fan but slowly I have end up all manual anyway because of the big battery set ups. I do think the auto was good training for switching from cigarettes though. Even with the manual batteries you want to change to a slow smooth draw rather than what you are used to.

Does anybody else find they need to wipe the outside (metal) casing of the atomizer and the inside of the cartridge after a dip or two? I always find a thin film of juice around these parts, and I'm trying to be careful about putting the dipped atty straight into the cart without touching the inside of the cart, but somehow it always ends up a little messy. Is this just normal? I'm now carrying a Q-tip or two around in my purse for these occasions.

The vapor condenses everywhere and things get messy. I will grab a couple of Q-tips and some paper towel and clean the atomizer and battery threads and the mouth piece every day (sometimes every other day). It is a good idea to clean the threads in the charger too although that is a little trickier with the 510 style charger. Also be sure to pop the rubber end of the mouth piece off and clean in there. There is a little reservoir that collects a lot of condensation and if you don't clean from time to time gets pretty gross.

Madame Psychosis

ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
East Coast Gypsy
If you want to figure out the automatic batteries, spend a little time vaping in front of a mirror and watching the light. I was a pretty big automatic battery fan but slowly I have end up all manual anyway because of the big battery set ups. I do think the auto was good training for switching from cigarettes though. Even with the manual batteries you want to change to a slow smooth draw rather than what you are used to.

The vapor condenses everywhere and things get messy. I will grab a couple of Q-tips and some paper towel and clean the atomizer and battery threads and the mouth piece every day (sometimes every other day). It is a good idea to clean the threads in the charger too although that is a little trickier with the 510 style charger. Also be sure to pop the rubber end of the mouth piece off and clean in there. There is a little reservoir that collects a lot of condensation and if you don't clean from time to time gets pretty gross.

Great tips Gatsby. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread