Helping a friend find the right tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there everyone,

So a good friend of mine has recently quit smoking. He's currently using a mod that isn't quite as tall as an 18650, so in order to accommodate 18650s it has a cylindrical notch sticking out of the top next to the 510 threads, which limits him to tanks that are no more than 22mm in diameter.

He asked me to make a post here to ask people if they know of any tanks that are 22mm diameter or less, which also fit the following specifications:

0.4 ohm coils, preferably Smok coils
Slide top fill (like Smok tanks)
5mL capacity or more
Airflow equivalent to Aspire Cleito or Vaporesso NRG SE

Does anybody have any suggestions? So far, the only ones we've been able to find that meet all of these specifications are larger than 22mm diameter, which would require him to buy a different mod, so we're trying to figure out if he needs to do that, or if we can find one that will fit onto his current mod.

Thanks everyone!

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
It's actually the Vaporesso Swag mod, and he wants DL
With a single 18650 device, output would be limited to 80 watts MAX and battery life above 60 watts would be poor. (If using a new, high quality, high output cell)
What is your friends budget?
How old is his battery? Brand/model?
Will he be recharging via USB or in a dedicated charger?

Cheers
I
ETA: A cheap heat sink can be used to accommodate toppers greater than 22mm.
pico510.jpg

Last edited:
What is your friends budget?
How old is his battery? Brand/model?
Will he be recharging via USB or in a dedicated charger?
A cheap heat sink can be used to accommodate toppers greater than 22mm.
View attachment 751293

Unlimited budget (that's what he told me), the battery is brand new, it's a Samsung 3000mAH 18650, he wants to charge it both ways (he has an 18650 charger at home but uses USB charging at work). He generally vapes around 40-60 watts. He's not opposed to switching to a dual-battery mod, but if he can get a tank that'd work with the current mod, he'd prefer that. But he is considering buying another mod, and using the Vaporesso as a backup, since he has a tendency of losing things.

He is intrigued by the heat sink idea. He said something like "it will probably look weird and be kinda top heavy, but oh well"

Reactions: Izan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread